• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the longest disc in your bag and why?

Lately for me it is the boss and a brand new Firebird. If there is a lot of room, I can throw either disc RHBH with a huge flex angle and get 320+ out of them. The Firebird seems to do better against a headwind.

ESP Surge 174g has been for about 2 years have loved them since I was introduced. I have thrown a lot of Discraft max drivers and this is by far my favorite, although I have yet to throw the force.

Depending on the hole, a straight shot with a dx wraith for about 360' or a slight flex shot with a destroyer for about the same.

Star Boss 175 White. My favorite Innova disc by far... I'm more of a discraft guy, and they don't have anything this fast. I throw RHFH for my long distance shots, and can get this one 450 on a good hard shot on a regular basis, with an occasional 500-550 throw when I really lay into her. Nice gentle high speed turn, that fades back just enough to end up 10-20 feet right of my initial line. Doesn't need much height to go a long way either, probably peaks out at 20-25 ft. The elevation here in CO probably deadens some of the fade for this disc, and I haven't yet thrown it at sea level, so not sure what it would do there.

Bosses are the best for me the star boss RHBH i can throw about 390-420, champ boss RHFH about 380-400 and R-Pro RHBh anywhere from 390-430 depending on the situation and it also makes one hell of a roller.

Z-Avenger, 173g
My wimpy arm can get this thing out over 300', if I have enough fairway for the additional unpredictability.

Slightly beat pro destroyer and new Z surge ss. These are my 2 longest discs buy several feet on average. I throw both of them over 400ft on good throws. I can't get enough speed to get that out of the boss or groove.

My 175 Star Orcs are my longest discs. I only drive around 400' this year (lost 35 feet from last year, but I am very accurate. I used to carry a Wraith and that was a longer disc but not only did my accuracy suffer so did my back.

Discraft Venom. Great S turn pulls it out to 370' smoothly. Push it for 420' and a sore shoulder.

It's not in my bag and I haven't thrown all the discs I own recently, but a kind a beat Pro Orc that I have is currently the longest disc I throw in the field. It's the longest because I can get it up to speed, it holds a turn well but still fades out of it, but too hard. I really should compare it to my Valks to see how they hold up, though.

In my normal bag my longest discs are either my beat DX Teebird or X Avenger. They both go pretty straight but don't fight too hard to fade. I can also get them up to speed.

173 Pro Worlds CFR Wraith, hyzer flipped or 169 Seasoned Star Destroyer
Getting out over 400 for sure, just not sure how much past that

Experienced Champion Destroyer. Very straight. It flies like my first run boss that I lost. I will try a Champion Boss pretty soon.

ESP FLX Surge SS
Z Flash
ESP Avenger

Depending on the hole, I throw one of those. I've hit ~400 with all of em. Usually a hyzer flip with the SS, a smaller hyzerflip with the flash, and a straight shot with the avenger.

Latest posts