• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is the worst rated course?

sillybizz

Course bagger and Bjork super fan
Diamond level trusted reviewer
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=712

That is the worst rated course that I know of, it's by my house, it's getting a 0.25 with four reviewers including myself. Anyone know of any other course that is getting a worse rating? I would say a minimum of 3 reviewers is needed to qualify.

Duck Pond. LOL! homemade pvc basket. All bad courses. I wonder how many bad courses are just due to design. Like the worst course that I have played. Kiwanis dg in lufkin texas. sorry don't know how you guys make it where all we have to do is click it. It has great terrain with bad design and 2 missing baskets and 2 missing tees.

Just go to the site you want to link to, highlight the address, and copy the text (ctrl+c on windows, cmd+c on a mac). Then in the posting window, type the text you want to show, highlight it, then click on the button above that looks like a globe. Paste (ctrl+v or cmd+v) your address in the box that pops up and hit ok, and you're good to go.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=712

That is the worst rated course that I know of, it's by my house, it's getting a 0.25 with four reviewers including myself. Anyone know of any other course that is getting a worse rating? I would say a minimum of 3 reviewers is needed to qualify.

that's funny. one of the worst is by your house. I live in an area where after you play about 16 courses, you then have to start making 600 mile road trips.(total miles)

I can't believe there is something rated worse than my local crappy course, it doesn't even have baskets and three of the nine holes are not playable unless you stand in the middle of sticker bushes.

Just go to the site you want to link to, highlight the address, and copy the text (ctrl+c on windows, cmd+c on a mac). Then in the posting window, type the text you want to show, highlight it, then click on the button above that looks like a globe. Paste (ctrl+v or cmd+v) your address in the box that pops up and hit ok, and you're good to go.

thank you for the info, borderline computer illiterate:confused:

that's funny. one of the worst is by your house. I live in an area where after you play about 16 courses, you then have to start making 600 mile road trips.(total miles)

Luckily I live in Washington state and there are awesome courses here and many awesome courses in Oregon so I am spoiled, sorry. :p

The review for Duck Pond Rec Area reminds me of Roy Laughlin Park in one important way. Courses installed last year with homemade PVC baskets that didn't make it though one full season. PVC just can't handle the stress, and in the case of Laughlin Park they saw almost no use and still failed. Just say no to plastic baskets!

On the other hand, Duck Pond sounds like it could be an OK course if it had real baskets. Laughlin Park should never have had a course in the first place, it is big enough for maybe two holes.

I can't imagine playing on a pvc basket, I would think it would break with a good hard putt let alone a hit from much distance. The pictures of the baskets at Duck Pond are funny, look like something that belongs in the homemade discatcher thread.

Try This one

This course is horriable!! I didnt review it because I dont even want to remember ive been there!
Ah, if you could find the tees, if # 2 wasn't a blind shot into the trolley museum parking lot, if # 5's basket wasn't set up next to the playground and the baskets for # 6-# 9 were not halfway across town from # 1-# 5, the South Elgin course would be just like any other unremarkable Chicagoland pitch and putt. It's not good, but I've played a dozen or so that are worse. A lot worse.

But, I guess I'm decidedly in the minority on this one. My rating is the only thing holding this one up above 1/2 disc. I'll have to agree to disagree. Maybe I just like it since it's 2 minutes from my Mother-in-Law's house and gives me an excuse to get the Hell out of dodge when we go for a visit.

Try this

Looks like one as bad as yours and one worse.

Many moons ago (early 90's) I used to work for the City of Elkhart parks department. I can say under oath that Eliot Park (one of those on the list) is the nastiest park I have ever had the displeasure of spending copious amounts of time in. The park (at that time) was poorly maintained because all of us got tired of being hit-on, seeing things that cannot be unseen, gays sunning themselves on top of the observation tower that used to be there - IN THE NUDE. While I have no real issue with gays doing what they do in private I never understood what compelled so many of them to do that in public. I cannot imagine playing disc-golf there.

One of my tasks there was to empty the garbage cans...oh the things we found...

*shudder*

While certainly not as bad as some listed here...this one deserves to be at the bottom of the barrel:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1198

-Dave

I went camping at Hueston Woods in western Ohio. On a brochure or something I saw they had a disc golf course. My girlfriend and I drove out to it and it was 4 baskets stuck in the middle of a field. The grass was grown up all around except for the fairways which had at least been mowed. No signs or anything to tell you where to throw from, but we made up 4 holes anyway. The longest couldn't have been over 200 feet. Fortunately, they're putting in an 18 hole at Hueston Woods now.

a bunch of baskets in an open field is always a depressing site to me. Not all, but a lot of the crappy ones are 9 hole mostly flat and lightly wooded.

The review for Duck Pond Rec Area reminds me of Roy Laughlin Park in one important way. Courses installed last year with homemade PVC baskets that didn't make it though one full season. PVC just can't handle the stress, and in the case of Laughlin Park they saw almost no use and still failed. Just say no to plastic baskets!

On the other hand, Duck Pond sounds like it could be an OK course if it had real baskets. Laughlin Park should never have had a course in the first place, it is big enough for maybe two holes.

duck pond is the biggest POS ever i went there about a month ago there r only 2 baskets left there r no signs no signs for were tee pads were and so on the park could be good to if done right