• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What is this disc worth (Part IV)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
E40E07B8-4263-4865-BC66-EE04F19AD58F-2539-00000383B4DEF0B8.jpg

Any help would be great

Super Roc $30-40.

Attachments

• Capturea.PNG
    Capturea.PNG
    92.7 KB · Views: 15
need some help

Hey guys,

I bought my first classic roc yesterday and I am getting some questions That I can't answer. I know the classics don't go for much but this one is stamped san marino on the back. Now almost all classics I see on the web are Ontario or Rancho. I have read that the pdga approved the classic in 94 and it went into production shortly after that. During this time, innova stopped using the mold comany in san marino and moved to Ontario. Is it crazy or could I have a early run of the classic and maybe one of the last made in san marino? The only other thing on the back is 172g and the letters c c r. Both are inked. Thanks for any info and sorry for no pics. Cant upload from my phone for some reason

Any help with these?

They are all in nice condition, I would say 7/10 because of ink. The QJLS is "appoved" and the Wasp is Esp.

Attachments

• 20130616_191944.jpg
    20130616_191944.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 47
The "shop" at huntington beach had a rack of 1st run dominators and terns for sale for $20 each. I dont throw either so i passed. Did i miss out or is $20 the going rate?

What about a firstrun big bird roc 3 with Mcbeth's signature (as in he actually signed it with sharpie). Sorry I dont have a picture because Im not home.

^ around $25 on the Big bird Roc3. The sig might raise or lower the value a few dollars depending on the buyer.

Anything?

I bought a new one of these for $25, last Oct. Not the same stamp but the same run. These only came out in white star plastic through the CFR program. They are super flat and and a very reliable thrower.

Other than CFR (tourney stamped) ones, I have seen some huk-lab stamps as well. These came out during the same time as the only run of Star XD's which also were available only through the CFR program. The star XD's are in some circles, considered as one of the best mids ever made. I've seen these regularly go $100 on the rare chance one comes up for auction.

The Star Classic rock is the same disc with a bead so its more stable than the XD's.

My guess is you could get up to $30 for the right buyer who bags these and is looking for backups. I saw some Asia Open stamped ones available at DGV recently for around $40.

Lastly, I would suggest that you keep it and start throwing them as they are a great disc for upshots and short drives. It has a super smooth reliable flex to it.

I think this disc will only increase in value as there becomes less and less available and word gets out how good they are Right now there is not a huge demand because a lot of people don't throw them.

Great disc. Thanks for sharing.

stock stamp Champion Gator

I have a stock stamp Champion Gator. 8.5/10 168g scaled due to ink. Anyone know what these are going for these days? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20130617_042802_692.jpg
    IMG_20130617_042802_692.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_20130617_042814_736.jpg
    IMG_20130617_042814_736.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 15
Just saw the weights. Bummer.

Yeah the weights stink, but they're still a cool item, especially for someone who lives near DeLa and might collect Masters Cup stuff.

Regardless, they were a gift from someone in KC for the Wide Open, so I'll likely hold onto them for a while or gift them to someone else. I was mostly just curious.

So I'm seeing some traction on small bead Aviars from the 90's. People are getting hot and bothered over chains-stamped Aviars. So my question is, what about tournament stamped small beads from the 90's? It's the same disc. Would a small bead with for instance a 1998 date stamped on it bring the same amount as one with the stock stamp? Or is this one of those illogical fads and the stock stamp is what people are after? I'm just wondering how much trouble I would be in if I listed custom stamped small beads from the 90's as "Chains Aviars" since that seems to be the term that is catching people's attention.

Anyone have the going rates ( or what they have seen them go for) for a CE QJLS, OOP Esp Wasp, and 5x JK Valk? All have ink but are otherwise in great condition. There may be some minor storage wear but I am not even sure the JLS and Valk were thrown more than twice

Anyone have the going rates ( or what they have seen them go for) for a CE QJLS, OOP Esp Wasp, and 5x JK Valk? All have ink but are otherwise in great condition. There may be some minor storage wear but I am not even sure the JLS and Valk were thrown more than twice

k8wab9cl.jpg

I have a stock stamp Champion Gator. 8.5/10 168g scaled due to ink. Anyone know what these are going for these days? Thanks.

The light weight and the ink will hurt the value a bit, however white is a super rare color. I would think that it is in the $50 - $75 range...

So I'm seeing some traction on small bead Aviars from the 90's. People are getting hot and bothered over chains-stamped Aviars. So my question is, what about tournament stamped small beads from the 90's? It's the same disc. Would a small bead with for instance a 1998 date stamped on it bring the same amount as one with the stock stamp? Or is this one of those illogical fads and the stock stamp is what people are after? I'm just wondering how much trouble I would be in if I listed custom stamped small beads from the 90's as "Chains Aviars" since that seems to be the term that is catching people's attention.

IMO The tournament stamp 90's Aviar on average will not fetch as much as the "Chains Aviar" It's a good idea to describe the your discs as the same as the "Chains Aviar", it will get peoples attention and would be 100% accurate. For some reason the "Chains Aviar" has a bigger premium just because of the stamp and when the stamp is Mint people are willing to pay a lot more money. If you have any hard to find colors (red, black, orange, green, purple) you should see a bump in price

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts