• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What is this disc worth (Part V)?

Yes i kinda figured the wasp came out before the esp plastic, but i couldnt find a lot of them for sale/sold online so i figured it must be worth something. So if it has no ink and that stamp, what would the rating be?

The disc is hard to find being that Discraft stopped production on the ESP after it came out as soon as ESP was on the market in 2000's till 2008 when all one could find is ESP FLX for 2008. In 2009 regular ESP came back and a number of molds got stopped in ESP including the Wasp as Discraft wanted the mold only in Z. Seems for a number of discs the Z is what the owner of Discraft is wanting as the only plastic when other plastics could help make the mold more usable, including the Wasp. If Innova can have the ROC in 3-4 plastics then Discraft can have Wasp a faster ROC like disc in 3-4 plastics including one or two for cycling as some players like to do that. I do not like cycling much except for maybe my approach disc if I were to cycle but I want a better griping plastic for all my midrange even Z FLX would be okay as Z can be in some runs very stiff and slick or just slick just the way most Z/Champion plastics are from companies.

PFN Star Destroyer, 175g, 7/10. Pre-owned by Seppo Paju.

Eleven Time Champion Teebird, 175g, 8/10, no ink.

How much do they worth? Link below. Thanks!

https://imgur.com/a/iBLTonL

Destroyer could get 60+, they are all over the place on eBay but if you find the right buyer you never know. Someone might dig the Seppo thing too.

Teebird can fetch 30-40. There are an inordinate amount of fly dye 11x, I wonder why.

I've had these for awhile and was curious if anyone had any info about the value of these.
2 grape ape 2009 roc # 1471, 1457
2 Aviar signed by Paul Mcbeth
2008 Japan open black star roc #4 of 20
2010 Japan open 1st run champion katana.

Attachments

• 20200113_202749.jpg
    20200113_202749.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 65
  • 20200113_202854.jpg
    20200113_202854.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 39
  • 20200113_203032.jpg
    20200113_203032.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 40
I've had these for awhile and was curious if anyone had any info about the value of these.
2 grape ape 2009 roc # 1471, 1457
2 Aviar signed by Paul Mcbeth
2008 Japan open black star roc #4 of 20
2010 Japan open 1st run champion katana.

I feel like these are strictly collectors. I have seen the rocs in bag condition listed for like hundreds of dollars. Same with the aviars. The katana might be the only one that an almost average person would buy. Like 60 for it maybe

Found this at pias for 7.99. Any value to these?

Attachments

• 15797199486325750233007882606307.jpg
    15797199486325750233007882606307.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 87
  • 15797199717872576045676472757055.jpg
    15797199717872576045676472757055.jpg
    113.4 KB · Views: 37
Cool Buzzz. I've not seen one before, so I couldn't hazard a guess at value. If you'd like to part with it, shoot me a PM, and we'll work something out, I'd love to have it. Your other pic is too big, can't see the disc.

The Wasp tooled Holiday X Buzzz were not nearly as desirable as the Z Buzzz, but I've seen them go in the past for $30ish new. They were only made in red and green, and the red ones seemed to go for a little more. Not knowing weight/condition makes it hard to know, though.

As an aside, I have a "first run" Buzzz-tooled 2004 GLO X Buzzz, which I always found funny since the Wasp-tooled Holiday X Buzzz was clearly the first run of X Buzzz. Either way, an X Buzzz is an X Buzzz. Neither are going to be worth a ton.

This thing:

picture.php

It clearly says "First Run Elite X Buzzz", but it's from 2004 and it's Buzzz tooled. The 2003 Christmas Wasp-tooled X Buzzz clearly was a prior run of X Buzzz. What the...

Sorry for jacking the thread, it just bugs me.

First runs have been going for more than that. 3rd runs are pushing $50 from what I've been seeing.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

I heard that the Holiday Buzzzes "limited edition" were VERY limited (not really the first RUN of Buzzzes...maybe a sort of 'prototype') and only given - 1 each - to team members. Anyone confirm this?

I know nothing about it. I'll tell you a story anyway.

From 2000-2006 I was spending a lot of money of baby formula and diapers, so I was throwing the stock I accumulated in the 90's. I was online and heard of new discs, but other than some Wizards a friend gave me (because old frolf buddies are awesome) and some Beasts I wasn't throwing them. Late in 2006 I started picking up discs again, and the Buzzz was something I wanted to try. I went to an Ice Bowl in 2007 with some cash in my pocket and Nikko Locastro was selling discs he he had won as an amateur to raise money to go on tour; I got this new and unthrown for $5.

picture.php

So cool, I started throwing it. I was throwing it like a Roc, so I was getting it too high and getting a dumpy fade out of it. Being a disc golfer not ready to admit that I was the problem, I thought that the issue was this Z plastic that I had very little experience with. A guy I knew back in the day said he had a "first run X Buzzz" and I thought that might be the ticket, so I bought it from him for too much money. I think I paid $20 shipped. When it showed up, it was tye dyed. It had the oversized GLO stamp. And it was Buzzz tooled. Three minutes on the Internet pulled up the Wasp tooled Christmas Buzzz, so right away I knew I had been had. I wasn't mad at the guy since the stamp says "first run," he didn't even know he ripped me off.

Combine the deal on the Z Buzzz with the ripoff "first run" X Buzzz and I probably didn't do that bad. Life goes on. When barstamp Buzzz spiked in prices I floated selling that Z Buzzz and found out the custom stamp hurt its value...whatever, I got rid of the other ones I had and kept the one I threw the most. Now it's the only Z Buzzz I have, and somebody as into golf discs as I am should have a Z Buzzz around someplace, right? It all works out in the end.

My oldest daughter started playing that previous year and one of my sisters had bought her a starter set for Christmas that had an X Buzzz in it, but it was stickered 177+. I got her some 150 class discs and "traded" her for that X Buzzz. Gotta teach 'em how it's done early. Anyway, I ended up throwing that starter set X Buzzz. Before I ever got around to throwing the GLO Buzzz I realized that the Buzzz and I were not a good fit, so it's still sitting around here. I've never run across anyone who knew what the story was as to why they were labeled first run when they weren't.