• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What is this disc worth (Part V)?

I'd say at best that disc is 7/10 more likely 6/10. It has ink and noticeable wear from use all along the bottom edge of the rim.

OK I'll trust your judgment on that. It is surprising how fast discs degrade, as I've seen (and thrown) brand new discs that end up looking worse than this one currently does after only about two rounds.

OK I'll trust your judgment on that. It is surprising how fast discs degrade, as I've seen (and thrown) brand new discs that end up looking worse than this one currently does after only about two rounds.

Its still a good disc and I'm sure someone out there will want it but basically to be an 8/10 it cant have really hit anything hard enough to leave the small nicks along the rim. Like if you bought a new disc, used it for a couple rounds but didn't like it and didn't really hit anything with it. 7/10 is a disc that seen some use but no major dings and still flies pretty much like new. 6/10 is some usage wear and its just started to lose some stability. Without actually seeing the disc in person and without throwing it, I'd say 6 or 7 is reasonable. Your stamp is still in pretty good shape which helps.

The "degrading" depends a lot on what type of plastic it is and what types of courses you play on. Also, sometimes discs just take damage on shots where you wouldn't think it could. A rock in the fairway can tear up the rim pretty quick. Star plastic like your destroyer, can get scratched/knicked fairly easily without losing much if any stability.

Last edited:
A little cleanup with a magic sponge and the condition of the Destroyer has gone up to about 8/10, if this makes a difference in its value.

A7-F9154-F-2-C4-F-4-C5-D-ADA6-B0332-C6-D920-E.jpg

F089-E1-A1-2-A96-4142-BDC1-7-AEA624-C3-F98.jpg

Dirt should never hurt value and does not factor into the Sleepy Scale. But people are stupid so yes, cleaning it will help the value. However, and I cannot stress this enough, JUST BECAUSE YOU CLEANED IT DOES NOT MAKE IT NOW 8/10 WHEN BEFORE IT WAS 7/10 or 6/10. But as I said, it would be silly to not clean a disc before posting pictures to help sell it.

Last edited:
Disc Condition Scale aka "The Sleepy Scale"
10 - Never thrown, no ink, brand new condition
9 - Field tested or used for one or two rounds
8 - Lightly used with very minimal wear
7 - Used with some minor dings or scuffs but still in good shape
6 - Typical used disc with the usual dings, scratches but still worthy
5 - Kinda beat, significant wear, has lost a good bit of it's stability
4 - Beat up turnover disc with some evident war story wear
3 or under - Beat to Hades dog chew toy
Here's the guideline in the Marketplace for future reference.

to be an 8/10 it cant have really hit anything hard enough to leave the small nicks along the rim. Like if you bought a new disc, used it for a couple rounds but didn't like it and didn't really hit anything with it.

Based on the Sleepy Scale, it sounds to me like you have just described a 9/10 (Field tested or used for one or two rounds). I say this with all due respect as a forum "newbie," and I wouldn't disagree with the fact that this disc should be rated as a 7/10 and not 8/10 as I'd estimated earlier. Anyway, I'll put the thing up for sale or auction and see what happens. If it doesn't fetch a good price I'll just forget about it.

Based on the Sleepy Scale, it sounds to me like you have just described a 9/10 (Field tested or used for one or two rounds). I say this with all due respect as a forum "newbie," and I wouldn't disagree with the fact that this disc should be rated as a 7/10 and not 8/10 as I'd estimated earlier. Anyway, I'll put the thing up for sale or auction and see what happens. If it doesn't fetch a good price I'll just forget about it.

My personal opinion is do not list the Sleepy Scale. As you said, it is a very subjective rating. Take pictures and lots of them. All angles of the disc and any scuff or mark should be prominently displayed. This way it lets the buyer make up his or her mind based on facts not an opinion. This way they cannot be mad that you "over graded" the disc. It is a decently valuable disc in very good condition. Just let other people see that and you will be well compensated for it.

My personal opinion is do not list the Sleepy Scale. As you said, it is a very subjective rating. Take pictures and lots of them. All angles of the disc and any scuff or mark should be prominently displayed. This way it lets the buyer make up his or her mind based on facts not an opinion. This way they cannot be mad that you "over graded" the disc. It is a decently valuable disc in very good condition. Just let other people see that and you will be well compensated for it.

That is excellent advice, thank you! I agree with that approach and that's actually what I prefer as a buyer when I look for something online.

Cyclone $15-20

About $30-$35 on the Cyclone due mainly to how worn in the disc is. If new those Cyclones to the right people sell for up to $50 as That old Baseline plastic pre old stiff Pro D was more like the way KC is now.

I'm not sure what magical land either of you inhabit, but an old used cyclone isn't going to get anything close to that. New ones are going to have a tough time getting $10+.

I'm not sure what magical land either of you inhabit, but an old used cyclone isn't going to get anything close to that. New ones are going to have a tough time getting $10+.

Sorry I was thinking of the price from the 2000's when the Cyclone was more popular before all the brands like Latitude 64
and after popped up.

I think Eddy misspoke. I think what he meant to ask is the disc penned with *DS or whatever they use to designate it or is the word "Destroyer" engraved under where the weight is penned. Innova always pens weight, it is the designation of the mold that you want to be penned if it is to be older and more valuable.

Yep, that's totally what I meant.

Pink Floyd beast

Hey all. Had these disc for years. Found them in a pond in 04 . Never been able to get an idea of what they could be worth. Any feedback at all would be much appreciated. Thx for your thoughts and input.

Attachments

• 2019-06-12 20.40.10.jpg
    2019-06-12 20.40.10.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 79
  • 2019-06-12 20.41.21.jpg
    2019-06-12 20.41.21.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 79
  • 2019-06-12 20.40.31.jpg
    2019-06-12 20.40.31.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 74
Hey all. Had these disc for years. Found them in a pond in 04 . Never been able to get an idea of what they could be worth. Any feedback at all would be much appreciated. Thx for your thoughts and input.

I can give you some ROUGH estimates. Any ink or further details on condition other than that you found them in a pond? Anyone reading this, please feel free to correct me. That Beast is old since it's pre-Barry. The dye probably hurts more than it helps. I'm thinking somewhere $20-25

Probably $35-40 for the CE Firebird thrower.

I'd think $40+ on the Pro-Line Monster. Could be quite a bit more if in really good shape.

Again, these are less than perfect, but gets you a ballpark starting point.

Oldies.

Any idea on what these might be worth? Thx all.

Attachments

• 2019-06-12 20.40.10.jpg
    2019-06-12 20.40.10.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 15
  • 2019-06-12 20.40.31.jpg
    2019-06-12 20.40.31.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 2019-06-12 20.41.21.jpg
    2019-06-12 20.41.21.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 14
Thanks that does help. The beast is in excellent condition other than the innova lettering coming off in the middle. Monster and firebird are about 5/10 I'd say. Sorry for the lack of details, I'm very new. These others I've had a while. Various conditions and weighs.

Attachments

• 2019-06-12 20.40.52.jpg
    2019-06-12 20.40.52.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 2019-06-12 20.41.44.jpg
    2019-06-12 20.41.44.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 68
  • 2019-06-13 18.56.35.jpg
    2019-06-13 18.56.35.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 72
Thanks that does help. The beast is in excellent condition other than the innova lettering coming off in the middle. Monster and firebird are about 5/10 I'd say. Sorry for the lack of details, I'm very new. These others I've had a while. Various conditions and weighs.

About $20-$25 each. A little more on the Valkyrie if it's 4x instead of 5x. Having a hard time reading it on my phone.

I'd love that Teebird if you are trying to trade or move it.

Spider is 25 maybe. Not a popular mold but old. Valk could push 40 if you find the right person. Teebird is an easy 50+ if it is good condition as it appears to be.

I recently purchased a couple Star X-out Cobras from Infinite. The stamp says F2, the bottom says they are Ontario.....

What is the difference between Ontario molds and the San Marino molds?

Also, what would the average price of a Star Cobra be? (Either Ontario or San Marino)

Thanks