• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is your Bag Size, and Why?

How many discs do you carry? (multiple choice if Tourney bag and Casual bag differ)

• Total voters
I stay right around 18 or so...

3 Halos (OS to US)
1 Giant (super OS; rarely used)
1 Champ Firebird
2 Rivals (Icon and Pinnacle; might decide on only one)
2 Escapes (Lucid and Bio)
1 River (light GL; flippy)
1 Suspect
2 Fugitives (Lucid and Bio - Bio has no fade, Lucid has small fade)
1 Fuse (for the late turn)
1 Drone (FLX; only used when the wind is big. Suspect handles most OS needs. Will test Tensor in it's place)
3 Pures (1 Zero Soft as main putter, 1 GL for anny approaches/drives, 1 Sparkle Opto for most approaches/drives)
1 SSS Magic (long putts - 45'+)

2 JK
1 Yeti
1 Pig
4 Buzz
3 Gator
2 TL
2 Banshee
1 Boss
3 Destroyer
1 Ape

I have had the same set up for at least 6 months now. I feel like I can cover most every shot.

18 in my Karma (I like to give them space to stretch out a bit). I don't need that many for most courses, but I carry the same bag no matter the course unless I'm playing a putter round.

18-22 .....and I usually only throw around 5. I know right.....WTF?
It is nice to have what you need for specialty shots but I really do best when I throw what I know.

I carry 15 discs with me, my midranges overlap quite a bit but i love trying new discs and figuring out how to throw them, i go out and play by myself a lot of days and throw multiple shots just because it's fun throwing a different disc and watching it do its own thing even if i know i could of made the same shot with the last disc.

I voted 16-20. My casual round bag is actually when I max out on discs. I carry everything for casual rounds because sometimes I like to throw extras and try different lines and shots that I don't usually throw.

For tournaments I usually prepare the night before by going over the holes in my head and figuring out what I will throw for each shot, then taking out whatever discs I won't be using. My typical tournament bag consists of 9-15 discs, but sometimes I max out to 20 if it's a good course that requires all sorts of lines and shots.

The course I play has so many varied tee shots that I can't cover them with limited molds. Throw wind in there and I may throw a different disc off of ever tee. :lol:

I guess I carry 23.

Putters
1 P&A Aviar (putting)
3 KC Aviars (1x understable, 1 x stable, 1 x fades)
1 ESP Zone (overstable)

Midranges
1 Prodigy M4 (understable)
3 KC Rocs (1x understable, 1 x stable, 1 x fades)
1 Roc3 (slightly overstable)
1 Z Buzzz (slightly overstable)
1 FLX Drone (overstable)

Fairways
Star Leopard (understable)
Pro Leopard (fresh, still fades)
2 Star TL (1 x flex lines, 1 x fades)
Champ Teebird (slightly overstable)

Drivers
Prodigy D4 (understable, flex lines)
Prodigy D3 (stable, hyzer lines)
S PD (fades)
Champ XCaliber (overstable, longer flicks, headwind)
Champ Firebird (mega overstable, shorter flicks, headwind)

Utility
Discraft Tracer (beat to hell, tomahawks, thumbers)

I probably throw 60-70% of them in a normal round. A typical rounds includes all of the putters and Rocs get used for long approaches upshots based on shot shape and distance. The rest are used based on shot shape and distance needed off of the tee.

I currently carry 19, however there are a few that are currently on the chopping block.
In the bag:
3 Wizards, 2-SS for putting, 1- Evo for approach and driving
3 Rocs, 2-KC, and 1-DX. One that fades left nicely, one straight, and one right.
2 Gators, 1-Champ Glow, and 1-Champ. The glow is way more OS than the champ.
4 Teebirds, 2-Champ, 1-Glow Champ, and 1-DX. Varying degrees of stability 50% of the time I drive with a Teebird. (I haven't thrown the DX since I picked up the Leopard, so it will be gone soon)
1 Leopard, Star. Straight shots when I doubt my Roc will get there.
2 Firebirds- Both Champ. 12x is majorly OS and the other is OS, but not as much. Short skip shots, spike hyzers, and overhand.
1 Roadrunner- Echo Star. Rollers and right finishing BH shots.
3 Destroyers- 2- Star (One AJ), 1- Echo Star- Varying levels of stability, I only throw these when I need more D than I can get with the Teebirds. I roll the Echo Star when I'm feelin froggy:cool:.

I carry 9-10 discs in my bag; usually 9, leaving room in case I find a nice uninked disc on the course. Why? It's all my bag holds. My mom made me a bag similar to a double nutsac, but a bit nicer. I love it, and it keeps me from carrying too many discs. Also, I don't carry any duplicate molds, so that keeps the count down too.

My Bag:
GL Halo
Opto Bolt
Premium Slaidi
Opto Striker
GL River
Opto Trident
GL Pain
TP Warship
Premium Jokeri

This does cover every shot for me, but I always feel like I need another miracle fairway driver. Don't know why that is; maybe just because so many new ones are coming out lately...

I will probably always carry:

2-3 putters: 1 or 2 putting. 1 for driving
2-4 mids: different stabilities
3-6 drivers: different stabilities. I don't carry anything warp speed currently

My bag isn't complete but I am going through a transitional phase until my spinal tap gets here.

Putters:
Soft judge understable driver
Fusion judge stable driver
Glo zone overstable driver
S wizard putter #1
S wizard putter #2

Mids:
Tournament tursas understable
z buzz beat hyper flips or slowly fading right shots
Glo z buzz really stable buzz. I use in some headwinds.
Z buzz straight shots
Opto Trident overstable,
shark 3 doesn't fit, but I like throwing it lol
Biofuzion suspect for me it flies like a buzz with alot of fade lol
Z wasp beat (just added because I had a slot lol)

Fairways:
Bio escape straight with some fade
Z tracker (looking to replace) light headwind with more fade
Tournament stag trying it out
GL river backup river. Low lines that glide a ton (167g)
recycled river stable river. Straight with no fade
GL River. Tailwind drives, turnovers, anhyzers, straight shots that drift right
Opto xxx overstable
Z xtreme (old run) super mega overstable

Drivers:
Champ monarch destroyed just for tomahawks
Metal flake firebird overstable used for massive headwinds and overheads
ESP surge slightly understable driver big hyzers, tailwind sometimes
ESP surge stable driver hyzerflips
VIP king super beat super understable big boomin annys, and rollers sometimes
Fuzion trespass brand new. Stable headwind or slightly overstable driver
Fuzion trespass used. Stable driver. Slight turn in headwind.

Yeah I'm going to have back problems.
Pretty awesome though to have multiple discs for slots so I can throw a couple in practice rounds.

I don't feel comfortable with a stranger asking about the size of my sack.

I have a huge sack. Sometimes my back gets sore from swinging it over my shoulder, but I guess that's better than dragging it through the woods. :|

16-20.

I used to be between 25 and 30 because I kept carrying doubles in case I lose a disc. But that happens SO rarely that I took the doubles out of the bag. So now it's just a understable, straigth and overstable version of putters, mids, fairway drivers and long D drivers.

2x Destroyer (Champ for skip shots, Star for windy days)
2x Volt
2x Amp
2x Shock
1x Vector
1x Axis
1x Tangent
2x Anode
3x Ion (Main putter, practice putter, driving putter.)

Most doubles are just for backups, unless otherwise noted. I'm sure I'll pick up a Tensor this week to test out as well. I'm still working on how to use my midranges.

I have a bag that has 15 discs. That lets me have multiple putters, and backups of all my drivers, with room for one or two new discs I'm trying out. Right now I have

2 SSS Wizards
1 Champ Rhyno (Driving putter)
1 Champ Cobra
1 Z Buzzz
2 Mambas
2 Saints
2 Archons (I loose a lot of drivers and like having backups)
1 Blizzard Boss
1 Star Valk
and
1 Star Mako - trying out
1 Champ Panther - trying out

It also works out as
3 discs in putter pocket
6 in front of divider
6 behind divider

Makes it easy to check that i have all my discs. If I take a disc out I put something else in to keep the discs at 15 so I can check easily.

Latest posts