• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is your current internet distance?

What is your standard fake distance?

• 350'-399' (noodle arm)

Votes: 44 47.3%
  • 400' (classically conservative)

Votes: 15 16.1%
  • 401'-425' (just started working on my form)

Votes: 5 5.4%
  • 426'-450' (starting to see some real results)

Votes: 10 10.8%
  • 451'-499' (working on crushing the can and elbow chop)

Votes: 8 8.6%
  • 500'+ (check out my carefully edited youtube vid)

Votes: 11 11.8%

• Total voters
Every time I try to see how far I can really throw, the government's black helicopters appear and shoot my disc out of the sky.

It's ego, and this is a predominantly male website to my knowledge (internet rule #30 there are no girls on the internet). Seriously though, that's only part of it. In addition to the downhill comments, some courses aren't marked accurately for a number of different reasons. People may be both relying on inaccurate numbers and milking said numbers slightly - butchering the truth. True maxD and golf line distance are two very different and distinct things, yet I feel many blur the lines. Doesn't hurt some people play all open courses and have the luck of being able to crank it frequently - fairly certain I could throw farther on a consistent basis if I wasn't constantly in a damn jungle. Dare I say wind too? Side note I love the damn jungles and want every single course to be like Iron Hill gold/gold for me personally. Tough=fun to Grip.

I've genuinely thrown over 500' on more than one occasion but it also isn't common for me (especially now that I barely play anymore), nor would it benefit me on 95% of the holes I play. Just because I can and have thrown that far doesn't mean I consistently throw as far as MikeC. Hell, I seldom even carry anything above speed 9 because it's superfluous. Cannons go DAMN far for me but the loss of control is simply not worth it. Truly being able to throw a Valk 400' (which I can) is all any player ever needs - LEARN HOW TO PUTT!

The amount of times I threw a bomb, only to miss my putt (regardless of an approach shot being necessary), resulting in the same score as a noodler, is too damn high. LEARN HOW TO PUTT!!!!! PLEASE.

The amount of times I tried to throw ^that bomb, ****ed up, ****ed up my recovery shot, then chased a [not happy score] is too damn high.

The amount of times I tried to throw ^^that bomb, ****ed up, luckily threw an incredible recovery shot, only to take what would have been an easy [insert normal score] with different disc/line selection, is too damn high.

The amount of times I tried to throw ^^^that bomb, ****ed up, luckily threw an incredible recovery shot, only to miss my putt and/or approach shot if necessary, taking [insert angry score] is again too damn high.

See a trend? Don't get me wrong it's an incredible feeling to deuce a 450'er - it's nothing short of an ace feeling. But it's also very very difficult if you don't play and practice quite frequently. I'm speculating, but I feel like many users on here are more like me than any pro - simply don't have the time to dedicate to playing disc golf so we wander the internet thinking about disc golf.

/soberramble

EDIT: To toot my own horn I genuinely am skilled at this game. I bet a ton of you are too. Doesn't mean you won't **** up.

Oh, and don't hit that tree;)

My personal distance records always get foiled by hitting a tree. Was heading toward 600 on a golf line, but netted only 85 feet or so. The line's there; would have been 600 but for that darn tree. Is that a new branch? Wasn't there last week. I swear.

Obligatory:

Last edited:
Eh I've played with enough folks here in real life that it would be pointless to make easily falsified claims.

I've thrown discs off a mountain face so easy 500+. Problem is I answered 350-399 I'm still busy kidding myself that I still can break 375 on a good day and pushing 400.

Mostly it's the discs, I have to throw a Comet so I can see it because my arm speed is unclockable and my thumb might be broken, also my FR Forces seasoned while sitting on the shelves and weirdly enough became mega stable, so they are just diving a little too soon so I'm in between drivers right now.

True story: I was throwing a Star Sidewinder on the beach at Hilton Head Island in a heavy downwind, the kind that makes sand flow in streams just like snow on the highway and sting your legs. The Disc lands and flops around on the hard beach. You've seen this before; it slowly keeps flopping end over end, then stands upright and the wind makes it roll. And roll. And roll. And roll. The conditions were just right for it to roll perfectly in that hard mud/sand they have when the tide is down and it wouldn't stop or veer off or anything. I took off after it and had to run for like two or three minutes to finally catch it. I was 45 years old. Probably the only time in the last 15 years I've run that far. It was probably pretty comical to watch. I'm not exactly fit, and I like that Sidewinder. It was in a player's pack from 2006 and I'm going to either catch it or die trying.

So, I don't know? Somewhere around an eighth of a mile? Farthest throw of my whole life. Does it count in some way? Who knows how far it would've gone. It was running parallel to the water and a good 100' away because the tide was low. It could've gone for miles.

(I'm usually ecstatic with a 330' drive on flat ground away from the ocean.)

I couldn't really tell you. I don't throw drivers anymore, or even mids off the tee. It's getting too hard trying to find them a county over. I honestly don't even disc golf much anymore due to my obscene amount of power. If I could find something in some decent plastic blends, that I could put a little power into, I'd probably play more. They just don't make Mini's in very stable plastics.

I voted 500'+ for the sake of this thread and here is my "proof".
Granted the tee pad is up on a 30' to 40' hill and I would never state this as my actual distance. On the same hole [listed as 480'], I was able to get about 15' from it for my first birdie on it. :clap:

my_current_internet_distance-e1575536675687.jpg

Currently, I can throw 325' to 350' on a decent to good throw. I can throw 375-385' on a great throw on flat ground. But then again, sometimes I have a terrible release and the disc travels 150' because I threw it too low. :D

my furthest throws happened playing in tournaments. probably because of adrenaline. nothing crazy far just 400ft throws but it happened in front of people/cardmates/spotters for proof.

but in my practice/casual rounds? lol i'm at most 350ft with distance drivers :p:D

whats embarrassing is that cardmates that have been with me in tourneys think I have 400ft power but during casual rounds see i barely make 350ft pins and ask whats up or if I'm injured/not warmed up.

i mostly don't try to throw further than that because I started playing disc golf and gave up pick up basketball/soccer and softball leagues to avoid injuries into my late 30's and now 40's.

during softball batting practice I can unleash some bomb HR's and throw some lasers from left field to home but I realized that its just going to lead to a bad injury playing casually into my 40's.

I was playing catch (with a baseball) the other week and started long tossing with this teenager who had a cannon and at one point i wanted to show off that I still "had it" and kind of felt it was close to breaking point and just stopped. I dont want to get injured and and can't DG! :clap:

plus... getting injured (especially lower body injuries) in your 40's is really bad... when you can't work/get fat/never recover kind of potential.

I was playing catch (with a baseball) the other week and started long tossing with this teenager who had a cannon and at one point i wanted to show off that I still "had it" and kind of felt it was close to breaking point and just stopped. I dont want to get injured and and can't DG!

Truth. I'm in my upper-forties now. In high school I was a catcher and threw out over half the base runners who dared to steal against me. I could play hard catch without ill effects up until like age 38. Now I understand why baseball players retire when they do. A couple of summers ago I put a huge strain on my shoulder just playing whiffle ball!

That good arm I had as a kid made it so I could step right into Disc Golf and throw 300-footers with RHFH's using Whippets and X-Clones back in the day but my form was ugly and it ultimately led to elbow injury early on, like in 2001.

No more power overhands or RHFH's for me at this point. Thank goodness the RHBH doesn't hurt my arm in any way now.

My distance changes every time I work on a different part of my form. It usually goes down before going back up again.

I scrapped everything this past spring and started over again with just mids and putters, and can currently one step my Star Sidewinder to just under 300' at my local town course (I use Google maps), flat ground and no wind.

But this past summer I was inside the circle on #15 at A-Basin (468') with a Pro Leo, so my "Internet Distance" is about 450'...that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

I once threw an Insanity 470' downhill, when I only needed 419'. So I'll be conservative and list an internet distance of 450'. You can see the beautiful moves that produced that power in my Form thread.

Currently, I can throw 325' to 350' on a decent to good throw. I can throw 375-385' on a great throw on flat ground. But then again, sometimes I have a terrible release and the disc travels 150' because I threw it too low. :D
I would NEVER do that.

My style is more follow up the good drive with a nose-up 200' noob hyzer.

If it's dry, warm and my battered body feels good I can legit throw far...If it's wet, cold or my surgically repaired knee/shoulder are hurting much over 400 is a lot to ask. If all three of those are against me, I would consider 400 to be a good throw.

I haven't thrown many legit 500 since I tore my knee up the most recent time, but can actually hit a target at 450 now on golf lines.

Some of you guys have played with me, you know I can throw.

I feel like I should e-claim 400', since the shot I griplocked directly into the street last week only stopped rolling at 350' (well, UDisc says 342' but that's unreliable) because the disc didn't stand up like it should have. It was really unlucky that it rolled way down the street and perfectly back into the fairway so early. The way I look at it, distance-boosting things like asphalt and freak tailwinds are part of our natural environment, and taking advantage of these conditions requires that our preparation meets our opportunities. Call it luck if you want, but we make our own luck.

I never saw the point in lying about it. I threw 285' once. It was nice. Now I probably throw around 230'. And I'm fine with that.

Latest posts