• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What is your favorite color?

What color do you bag most?

• Red

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • Pink

Votes: 65 35.3%
  • Blue

Votes: 34 18.5%
  • White

Votes: 14 7.6%
  • Black

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Orange

Votes: 22 12.0%
  • Yellow

Votes: 19 10.3%
  • Green

Votes: 8 4.3%
  • Swirly

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • I don't know that

Votes: 13 7.1%

• Total voters

Reniger

* Ace Member *
So, when you are looking for a new disc, does color play a factor in your buying decision? Are you an all white guy? Do you think you just blue yourself? Is "chartreuse" really a word? What do you go for?

57444484.jpg

So, when you are looking for a new disc, does color play a factor in your buying decision? Are you an all white guy? Do you think you just blue yourself? Is "chartreuse" really a word? What do you go for?

"Chartreuse" really is a word, and is a color: it's that bright green-yellow that practically glows in dim light.

I voted blue, but here are the caveats: it must be LIGHT blue, I can't see and find dark blue or purplish-blue discs. I "throw pink" during October, Save-the-Ta-Tas month. I also have white, bright orange and yellow in my bag.

As long as it's a bright color that I can find when I throw it, it's good.

Ever disc in my bag is pink. Either by manufacturer or personally dyed. Easy to find and Breast Cancer has hugely impacted my family. The only disc I bag that isn't pink is a single Fossil Flex Scale. Only comes in white and won't take dye.

I voted pink. A real solid/bright/neon pink color is the easiest to find and stands out the brightest against the natural colors of a disc golf course. I love bright colored, easter egg looking discs and that plays a huge factor on my buying decisions. My eyesight gets worse every year so the brighter the better. I typically by discs off of ebay these days so that I can see how bright and opaque the disc is before I buy. Websites like InfiniteDiscs and DiscBaron do a good job of showing the individual disc for sale.

I don't at all understand the OCD need to have a bag full of only one color. My bag is full of different bright colors and I think it gives each one a different identity and so easy to pick out what I'm looking for while I play.

Last edited:
I voted pink. A real solid/bright/neon pink color is the easiest to find and stands out the brightest against the natural colors of a disc golf course. I love bright colored, easter egg looking discs and that plays a huge factor on my buying decisions. My eyesight gets worse every year so the brighter the better. I typically by discs off of ebay these days so that I can see how bright and opaque the disc is before I buy. Websites like InfiniteDiscs and DiscBaron do a good job of showing the individual disc for sale.

I don't at all understand the OCD need to have a bag full of only one color. My bag is full of different bright colors and I think it gives each one a different identity and so easy to pick out what I'm looking for while I play.

Super duper thmpsup for Disc Baron. One of the best stores in my area. Not only does Jacob have an AWESOME site with pictures of every disc, he has a wicked brick & mortar and does tooooooons for the local scene. From running leagues and tourneys, to sponsoring events, and even helping to raise funds for a reworking of a local course before Grand Rapids hosts the 2017 World Pro Masters. If only I could get him to stock some Discmania. ;)

Yeah I'm with you there. Having a bag with only one color would just make me have to hunt through 3 or 4 discs every time I needed to make a shot. Like most others on here, I like bright colors, red, blue, pink, etc. Since Portland doesn't get much snow, I have no problem with white discs either. I can't see green discs very well; even bright greens like "chartreuse" tend to blend into the shrubbery, especially during the spring. I'm also a little leery about yellow discs, honestly. I find many scenarios where they tend to disappear as well (such as tall, yellow grass).

I think black and brown are the absolute worst; I've owned one of each in the past and both of them were lost very quickly. I was at a tournament where they were selling "gold" shimmer Destroyer CFRs recently. I know people on FB go nuts over the special gold Destroyers, but to me those things just looks like a brown disc that I would immediately lose. I probably should have bought some to resell on FB though. There's some collectors on there that just go crazy for them for some reason.

If possible, bright pink is always my top choice. Easiest to see in all conditions. Depending on the season, orange or day-glo is the next choice.

My go to color is bright day-glo green. It used to be hard to find discs in this color, but seems like it has gotten easier recently. Also really like Carolina blue and pink.

Toss up between pink and orange. I have more orange which is a nuisance for two months a year. Orange disc with blue stamp is pretty much always my first choice. Pink is next because its findable, then green/yellow.

If its not dayglow or bright pink then it has to be pretty.

Latest posts