• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] What is your longest disc?

G* Corvettes are just ridiculous. IDK how many people on this forum have tried one, but They are absolutely top tier distance drivers.

On a good day I can sniff 500' with a G* Corvette. Perfect amount of turn, without being too flippy. Massive glide.

The G* Corvette is one of, if not the, best sheer distance driver I've tried. Every once in a while I'll find a G* Katana that's similar, but the G* Corvette is consistently better. The G* Corvette takes power a little better than a Shryke, and is a little faster.

I found one on the course about 2 months ago with no name or number. It was beaten in and got me some birdies on holes I had never reached before. I lost it about a month ago. It was definitely a little unpredictable due to how beaten in it was.

I also have some excites due to your advice on other threads. I have two older domey ones that are great. I also have an older domey teleport. If you havent tried a domey teleport it is a slightly more reliable excite.

I found one on the course about 2 months ago with no name or number. It was beaten in and got me some birdies on holes I had never reached before. I lost it about a month ago. It was definitely a little unpredictable due to how beaten in it was.

I also have some excites due to your advice on other threads. I have two older domey ones that are great. I also have an older domey teleport. If you havent tried a domey teleport it is a slightly more reliable excite.

I've only thrown 1 Teleport. Neutron plastic, unknown weight. Good dome.

Pretty damn overstable. I just couldn't make it go. The disc wanted to fade pretty much right away. I could get it a shade over 400', but it took a ton of effort.

[/B]

Pretty damn overstable. I just couldn't make it go. The disc wanted to fade pretty much right away. I could get it a shade over 400', but it took a ton of effort.

Same experience with a Neutron Teleport.

[/B]

I must have the outlier teleport then, because mine is a slightly more overstable excite.

Just want to say that I revisited my old rainbow bag with my old 160g Goldline Ballista Pros. After a good round with the rainbow bag, I was on a high, so I decided to throw the one 160g Ballista Pro I had seasoned into the perfect stability. Completely flat field and no wind at all, and I hit 430 feet! I blew past my previous flat/no wind milestone, which was 405 I believe.

I have a bio Ballista Pro that is perfectly shaped and broken in some that is really long. Problem is, I get weird releases with it often enough to not carry. Feels like a + rim.

Had a throw off during the week, and Pharaohs, Destinys and my one remaining Gold Line King were all neck and neck with a couple Echostar Terns right behind. The biggest difference in real play is, I can get good distance from the Pharaohs without having to guess the flip up as critically. The Destinys require a very precise angle.

Been hitting 410-440' pretty consistently on the course with both my flippy 166g Star Boss and my more consistent 175g GStar Boss recently.

They fly pretty similar to how my 175g GStar Corvettes flew when I was throwing 30-50' shorter. I could probably get them out to 480'+ on a good rip with a distance line, but haven't had much time in the flat field recently.

My longest throw ever was with a VIP Underworld. The hole was right around 650' and my drive was about 80' from the basket so that shot went roughly 570' give or take.

(Fine. It was on a mountain course on a hole with about a hundred feet of elevation drop but it was beautiful to watch the shot float across the valley being lifted randomly by wind currents.)

Mine is a seasoned 173g ESP Hades. I don't trust it into any sort of headwind, but it bombs (for me) in calm & tailwind.

For me, its the Heat on a backhand turnover line downwind. Have hit 400' a few times, but not much further.

I might have answered this earlier in this thread, but for me, it's absolutely my 164g plasma wave. Played my first round in over two months today, rusty as heck, and could still get it out for very good distance (by my standards).

For forehand throws, I've been able to bomb my plasma mayhem over 340'. Which for me is absolutely stellar

Pre-transition it was a Z Surge SS. I've been deep on 430' holes a few times with that one.

Post-transition, I can't get the arm speed to turn it over. So far, it's either a Scorch or a Rogue (They seem to be pretty similar for distance). I think I'm getting them out to about 340'...

I throw a Diamond plastic Journey up around 400ish on golf lines.

I give it a decent bit of hyzer, hammer it max power and it'll pop up & drift then finish with a reliable bit of fade.

For me, the Journey is a perfect distance mold for most intermediate to advanced players.

I throw my 167g Pro Shryke if I need a disc to go as far for me as possible. I can sometimes get it over 300 feet and did hit 350 once (with perfect wind and nowhere near where i was aiming but I'll take it!)

If I'm going for distance+accuracy it'd probably be my 161 Lucid Trespass. I can usually get it to around 280-290 on a hyzer line, whereas I have to flex my fairway drivers and risk turning them over to get them over 270

1/18/22:

Varying Cannons depending upon terrain/wind. Like Destroyers they're a box of chocolates but I like that - same hand feel.

I've given up trying new discs (or at least new distance drivers) so I think this is permanent. First and last disc I've broken 500' with because I can't throw that far anymore:( Maybe if I truly get back into the game in the next 10 years [33yo].

1/18/22:

I've given up trying new discs (or at least new distance drivers) so I think this is permanent. First and last disc I've broken 500' with because I can't throw that far anymore:( Maybe if I truly get back into the game in the next 10 years [33yo].

I wish I had found this game when I was in my 30's. Starting at 52 (54, almost 55 now) and no longer close to in shape like I was in my 20's, 30's, even 40's, I like to pretend/dream I could have glimpsed 500' back in the day.

PS: Mamba or Katana have generally provided my longest throws. Something around 350', 300' is more the norm. Don't think I've ever come close to 400'.

I wish I had found this game when I was in my 30's. Starting at 52 (54, almost 55 now) and no longer close to in shape like I was in my 20's, 30's, even 40's, I like to pretend/dream I could have glimpsed 500' back in the day.

PS: Mamba or Katana have generally provided my longest throws. Something around 350', 300' is more the norm. Don't think I've ever come close to 400'.

I got lucky my older brother (4 year difference) introduced me to disc golf when I was 12-13. Conveniently enough my first rounds were at Tyler State Park in PA, seems so normal to me but I hear it's a great course from outsiders.

Junior and senior year of highschool I played a good 5+ rounds/week and that's when I really developed my game. Early 20s dropped off but I was still consistently playing...had a daughter young so priorities and all that. Full time single dad - seldom get to "waste" a weekend day on a hobbie anymore. Once she's a bit older and more independent (12 now) I know I'll get back on the horse so to speak.

I digress.

Better to start in your 50s than never play at all! Best of luck to you:)

I got lucky my older brother (4 year difference) introduced me to disc golf when I was 12-13. Conveniently enough my first rounds were at Tyler State Park in PA, seems so normal to me but I hear it's a great course from outsiders.

Junior and senior year of highschool I played a good 5+ rounds/week and that's when I really developed my game. Early 20s dropped off but I was still consistently playing...had a daughter young so priorities and all that. Full time single dad - seldom get to "waste" a weekend day on a hobbie anymore. Once she's a bit older and more independent (12 now) I know I'll get back on the horse so to speak.

I digress.

Better to start in your 50s than never play at all! Best of luck to you:)

100% agree.

DG saved my mental health during COVID. My first round was essentially the weekend everything got shut down. I think I actually played my first round on baskets, then Parks and Rec pulled the baskets and we played tone pole type DG for the next several months.