• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What is your longest/ farthest flying disc as of March 2015?

Farthest/Longest Disc for you?

• Archon

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Boss

Votes: 24 6.1%
  • Destroyer

Votes: 64 16.4%
  • Eagle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flash

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flow

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Force

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Havoc

Votes: 7 1.8%
  • Katana

Votes: 19 4.9%
  • King

Votes: 17 4.3%
  • Nuke

Votes: 11 2.8%
  • Orc

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • Rampage

Votes: 10 2.6%
  • SL

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Teebird

Votes: 8 2.0%
  • Valkyrie

Votes: 13 3.3%
  • Vulcan

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Wraith

Votes: 24 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 175 44.8%

• Total voters
Med Lace when it was new but it got too flippy to trust.

Star Destroyer bombed. Inertia is what I bag now and it's as long as my Destroyer for me.

So ya, Inertia for now is my farthest flyer

On average a Nuke. But depending on the day/conditions I have thrown a Star Orc, or Z Flick as far. And I have high hopes for my new Starlite Boss for 2015.

For me it's a Star Destroyer. I have a mild dome 171g swirly purple, it's just getting to that sweet spot where it's turning a good bit but still fading strong. It's bombing. Yesterday I went ob long on a hole where the OB line was at 456'. I also have a mega dome 168g E* Destroyer that I haven't gotten to work with a whole lot yet, but so far it's a bomber too.

So Destroyer.

My current consistent longest disc is 164gr Champion Tern.

I voted Archon because I have a 163gr Star that's probably my second.

Bosses and Destroyers are the longest flying that I've thrown, both of those in blizzard are the only discs I've broken 475' on flat ground with.

I can throw DX Archangels and DX Beasts the farthest. But I don't bag them. I can currently get the most D out of my Inertia, but I'm going to bag the Insanity to see which one wins out.

I voted other. I throw my worlds furthest. The king may be able to go further, but on a good rip with a power grip (I only use power grip for max D) its to unpredictable and doesn't get thrown like that without unusual (ideal) wind conditions.

My longest throw measured was with a blizzard boss, but I do not even own one of those (not golf line).

Last edited:
I can probably throw my DX Orc farthest. But I don't bag it, since I'm more confident in my X Avenger. Even if it's a bit shorter.

Absolute longest I have is an air sword. It is consistently long unless there's a headwind, in which case it mostly makes a real big S. otherwise it will gtfo. Unfortunately it will also track right between 50-200'.

175 VIP Sorcerer
166g VIP King
166g G* Boss
168g Star Katana
166g DX Destroyer

I've been throwing the Sorcerer for straight distance lately. Maybe I'll try a lighter Sorcerer now that my form is a little better. I was seeing less distance and more turn last time I bagged it.

So far, it's been my 166g FR Icon Bandit. I mostly stay speed 10 and under, now, because I really need form work. I've been able to put this one out 425' on a hyzer flip shot. It's just too easy, so I'll stick with it until I can really get a rip on a faster disc.

So far, it's been my 166g FR Icon Bandit. I mostly stay speed 10 and under, now, because I really need form work. I've been able to put this one out 425' on a hyzer flip shot. It's just too easy, so I'll stick with it until I can really get a rip on a faster disc.
Dude, you're ready.

Longest throw is with a Vulcan , but no longer carry it. These days maybe a Lace or Wraith.

Mid 160's champ Wraith.

S-turn 350-375' and the occasional less stable hyzer flip just over 400' but more often than not, the latter averages less than the former in course play.

We had a distance competition last weekend with a lot of seasoned players and it seems 350' is a tough barrier to cross for most players so I couldn't be happier with my distance. Now, if I could just stop trying to chop tress down, I'd be golden.