• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What is your longest/ farthest flying disc as of March 2015?

Farthest/Longest Disc for you?

• Archon

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Boss

Votes: 24 6.1%
  • Destroyer

Votes: 64 16.4%
  • Eagle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flash

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Flow

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • Force

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Havoc

Votes: 7 1.8%
  • Katana

Votes: 19 4.9%
  • King

Votes: 17 4.3%
  • Nuke

Votes: 11 2.8%
  • Orc

Votes: 5 1.3%
  • Rampage

Votes: 10 2.6%
  • SL

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Teebird

Votes: 8 2.0%
  • Valkyrie

Votes: 13 3.3%
  • Vulcan

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Wraith

Votes: 24 6.1%
  • Other

Votes: 175 44.8%

• Total voters
-On the fairway:Westside World. Really only superlong distance driver I can control on fairway. Mostly due to it highspeed stability. It almost always comes back to a hzyer finish if going big D on the golf course.

-On more open/wide fairways with less OB-would be an Innova tern or Westside King. The King is competeting with the tern for that slot. Both inncredible long given enough room for the "S" shape flights.

-I think all out distance the blizzard plastic because you can go so incredibly light is tough to beat with winds in your favor.

-On the fairway:Westside World. Really only superlong distance driver I can control on fairway. Mostly due to it highspeed stability. It almost always comes back to a hzyer finish if going big D on the golf course.

-On more open/wide fairways with less OB-would be an Innova tern or Westside King. The King is competeting with the tern for that slot. Both inncredible long given enough room for the "S" shape flights.

This is my exact setup as well. I highly recommend the World and King.

MVP Photon, but my Tern and MVP Insanity are really close too. I like the Tern for a lot of shots, like big Anyhyzers. I like the Insanity when I need a long, understable, forehand flight.

Doing some form work so I am throwing lower speed discs. My current consistently longest disc is a 166 g* Valk

"Doing some form work so I am throwing lower speed discs. My current consistently longest disc is a 166 g* Valk"

-Glad to see folks are matching arm speed to disc.

-Valk is still amazingly second on the all time longest throws disc list.

I don't own one, but a star katana is the furthest flying disc I have thrown.... I should probably get some...

The Freedom displaced the Tern for me. Don't let the speed 14 scare you off; anyone can throw that thing.

Respectfully disagree. I've thrown two Freedoms, one 174g Lucid, the other 166g Lucid. The 174g respects the given numbers but is no better than a Boss or Dominator (I'd even go so far as to say the Freedom is really a Speed 13 disc). The 166g was stupid overstable, suggesting a serious production consistency issue in DD discs.

I wish I knew how you guys keep those in the air. I know part of my problem is inability to throw high, but I just failed in every way with that thing.
Don't try to power it.... all wrist.

148g Blizz Destroyer. Only disc in my bag I can pull out to 400 on occasion.

I stand corrected. Seems since being lost, found, and returned over the course of about three months, my Destroyer got beat in a bit more and now it's too understable for bombs - too low and it rolls, too high and it stalls. The new top dog in my bag is my 174g Yikun Dragon Jun. Flies like a slightly-beat Star Destroyer with a tiny bit of turn so on a good level pull it'll turn maybe 10 degrees to the right before leveling out and fading late. Got it within two paces of the opposite goal line of a 120 meter soccer field on a particularly good pull and it's consistently good for about 350 feet on a decent toss with my mediocre form.

I was finally able to get my 175g Pro Valk goal post to goal post. I'd say that's my furthest drive since March.