• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What is your most expensive disc you have lost?

I'm curious what is the most expensive disc you've lost? ...either the disc cost a lot or maybe even a disc that had emotional attachment! let me know-

I went on a recovery dive and found a couple: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vpTOhFlc3g here is the youtube link.

Let me know where ya'll are located and when you lost it! if i'm ever around the area I would want to go looking for it.
mike-

I lost the original edition of the Sexybird on a course. Literally forgot to pick it up on18 after I putted and just walked off and left it there. Dumbest possible way to lose a disc and it's probably worth at least more than I paid for it now

Beautiful dayglow/rainbow stamp CE Leopard, complete fluff into a pond that shouldn't have been in play. Things happen.

I think most of my discs i've lost only have sentimental value. A few that might be worth $20 used

Only real special note, and I still can't figure out what 3 line AJ Destroyers are actually worth, was one of those. Was my first Ace Disc. It was new and WAY too much disc for me, but I was trying to beat it up so I was throwing it as my only driving disc on a couple rounds. Lost of spike hyzers on short holes. One of those was an Ace but completely un-witnessed. I didn't write anything on the disc it felt weird. A few days later doing the same thing I tried to Hyzer over a bunch of trees aaaaand it got stuck way in the top. I tried to get it down thinking I would come back later to check and at some point it was retrieved and kept by someone else. Because it was an unwitnessed Ace it doesn't feel like it had that value, because I probably wouldn't sell it now I don't know if it has $$ value.

I bought a mint Augusta Wraith online, and the first round I threw it into a swamp never to return. Oops. My Wraith throwing buddy was aghast.

I think most of my discs i've lost only have sentimental value. A few that might be worth $20 used

Only real special note, and I still can't figure out what 3 line AJ Destroyers are actually worth, was one of those. Was my first Ace Disc. It was new and WAY too much disc for me, but I was trying to beat it up so I was throwing it as my only driving disc on a couple rounds. Lost of spike hyzers on short holes. One of those was an Ace but completely un-witnessed. I didn't write anything on the disc it felt weird. A few days later doing the same thing I tried to Hyzer over a bunch of trees aaaaand it got stuck way in the top. I tried to get it down thinking I would come back later to check and at some point it was retrieved and kept by someone else. Because it was an unwitnessed Ace it doesn't feel like it had that value, because I probably wouldn't sell it now I don't know if it has $$ value.

Quick ebay search has them between 40-140.

FAF 2012 Firebird, the ideal run. I've seen them go up to $60 in good condition.

Oh man, countless famcy discs unfortunately. Most recently a 4x Kenny Glow Roc. Like 99% of my lost discs, I just forgot to pick it up.

True story.

In college I lost my 11x KC Pro Teebird on a hole, looked forever for it. Never found it but I did find the same exact disc on the same hole while looking it. Same disc color and stamp color. Only difference was ink and weight. Doesnt sound believable but it is.

When I started playing I had a single digit-X KC Pro Teebird. Which wasn't a big thing when I bought it, but over a decade or so of playing once or twice a year apparently acquired value.

A few people told me that the disc was worth something but I was totally disconnected from that world.

Eventually griplocked it across a barbed wire fence into a massive patch of shrubbery and poison ivy.

Oh well.

Tournament Pro Comet circa 1997, lost a couple years ago, in dense godforsaken f'n honeysuckle just off the fairway. it was surely found, but obviously not returned.........

Just a shot in the dark, but did you lose it in Michigan? I feel like I've seen you post about Michigan courses before.

The most expensive disc that I have lost was a pink Tournament Destiny. It cost $15.99 plus 6.25% tax.

It was lost on its first flight, five minutes after I purchased it, when it was thrown by my friend into a parking lot. A person in a vehicle swiped it and left before we got to it.

I never got to throw it at all, so I guess I never got too attached to it. But, sometimes I still wonder how fulfilling my Destiny could have been. :|

CE Teebird TL. I loved that disc. I decided to buy several backups; thankfully still using the first backup I bought.

I don't lose expensive discs, but I do find them. About 10 years ago when the star Destroyer first came out I found like 10 proto stars in lakes.

I still have a bunch of old star Wraiths from lakes too. Pre 12X.

When they just came out I threw a Protostamp Destroyer into a lake. :(