• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] What is your NON-putter disc for putting?

Right when I started... I saw a post here about putting with a champion groove.. and I tried it... and it was really depressing...

The wind has to be howling for me to not use the putter within 200'...either Wizard or Zone.

When I first started, I putted with a Buzzz SS. I guess I use my Drone or Star Firebird if I really need to hook something from up close (100'+), but usually it's an RFF or SS Wizard.

I almost always use my putter for putting.

I often use a Suspect for approach shots, and they often go in, but to me that's not putting.

I will use my glow-Z Buzzz for putting during nighttime glow rounds because I don't own a glow putter.

Currently I would use a BioFuzion Suspect, particularly for strong headwinds. In the past, I've used a DX Shark (when I was first starting out) and a Champ Spider(mostly in two-disc rounds, for instance).

I have an R-Pro Roc+ I use for long basket runs(200 ft or so. Or if I need to throw it higher but still want a very predictable finish. Great disc in a very grippy underrated plastic.

I mainly use my McPro Aviar for every put, and if it's too far to put, I just try to place it under the basket. I'm getting and Envy soon, so that one might be my approach disc in the future.

I never go for the basket if I can't put, but if I have to, I either use my Roc3 for long straight go-for-it shots or my Champion Glow Gator for windy days or if I need it to go around something (BH or FH). However, this is only when it's safe to fly past the basket.
I only "have to" when I need it to save par or I'm competing with someone and need to catch up some throws.

It really depends on the look and conditions. But Usually Mako, M5, F2 ..... rarely gonna be Firebird, Flick, Stiletto. Just depends on the look and what it needs to do....for high lofty putts that need to cut hard, I use the latter 3

In high cross winds I will sometimes pull out a DX leopard for longer putts. It may sound crazy but I've had great luck with it recently.

just picked up a SE pa4 and i must say its been great! I have used the pa4 and pa2 like crazy lately.. but this thread does kinda make me think about long range jump putts and the possibility of me using a m4 400g for long jump putts. could be very accurate!!

I do that. Basically There's a range where its too far to spin putt a putter, but not far enough to force be to fully BH throw the putt, so I jump putt with a Mako, M5, M4.....Actually fast spin putts with the M4 work out pretty well, its a great disc

That just sounds wrong. Does not compute :confused:

I've done that....in risky situations or if theres a lot of ice. I will use a driver and slide it upside down. PLay a little skip shot...usually pretty easy to slide under the basket....where throwing a putter could float and fly far away

when i have a long putt and a really tight gap or low ceiling i'll spin putt my fuse because it has that extra glide to it. when you don't have to put as much on it you can be more accurate throw those types of obstacles.

Latest posts