• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Other] What new discs are you carrying in 2016

Just out of curiosity, what IS in your bag (other than Destroyers of course)?

Wizards, a scale. Mcpro roc3s, a comet and a USDGC rancho roc. A whippet - X, couple of star TL's and a brinster bird. A pile of destroyers, sometimes bookended with an Xcal but I have lots of OS destroyers now. And an old PFN Champ monster for overhand stuff exclusively. Relatively simple set up aside from my mids.

Wizards, a scale. Mcpro roc3s, a comet and a USDGC rancho roc. A whippet - X, couple of star TL's and a brinster bird. A pile of destroyers, sometimes bookended with an Xcal but I have lots of OS destroyers now. And an old PFN Champ monster for overhand stuff exclusively. Relatively simple set up aside from my mids.

Nice setup! I like the simplicity. Sounds very usable (and not so far off from my own setup really).

Cautiously looking forward to the Matrix and Defy. They might make the bag, but honestly, I love my current lineup and don't really want to change anything.

Nice setup! I like the simplicity. Sounds very usable (and not so far off from my own setup really).

Thanks! I say this a lot: I've been throwing most of those molds (and even some of the exact discs) for a very long time. While there is plenty of awesome plastic out there nothing is going to change my game. The discs I throw work, and I don't really see the point in chasing new releases. I think it's pretty much all the same these days so I stick with what I know

Phenom - can't remember when it was released (but not that old). Didn't like it at first (understable), but figured it out and use it regularly

Hard to say what disc it flies like, small rimmed overstable discs are rare these days haha. But yeah, they are both overstable, the Reaper has more fade. In Big Z plastic, they are less OS than their Big Z predecessors. I would put the Reaper at 8/4/0/3.5 and the Talon at 8/4/0/2.5, I use them as a tandem. The Talon slots nicely between the Reaper and my Champion TeeBird.

So the Reaper is like a bit faster Banshee and the Talon is like a bit faster more overstable TeeBird?

I've been rockin' an A3 off and on depending on the course. I'm really enjoying that disc a lot.

The A1 didn't really do much for me that I didn't already have covered in my bag. Good disc, but the one I got was bubblegum pink, domey, and very firm so I didn't bag it.

I'm using a lighter and more pliable version of the mold. The 157 400g I use may fly a little different than yours. I'm tempted to try the other approach series molds, but there's little I can't accomplish with the Wizards I throw.

Star Leopard3, sp2, and star wraiths. I've thrown star wraiths off and on for years but finally decided to stick with them.

Last edited:
The Drone made it permanently into my bag after a brief trial at the end of last year.

And after having it out of my bag for a few years, the good ol' JLS (Millennium plastic) is back in the bag this year.

Dropped the truth for a compass, my form got a lot better so I added a cutlass to try and the Culverin beat out the thunderbird in feel and flight.

I switched a few early this year(Jun to King)(Touch to Atom) and threw in a Justice and the Switched to Bards from the Yao recently(same flight, good feel, way easier to find).

I don't necessarily have new molds in the bag this year, but a few years ago I hurt my shoulder so I went from primarily backhand to forehand. I agree with the philosophy that you should be able to throw the same discs each way...from a stability standpoint. Grip wise not so much. This year I'm going to get my backhand back, so a lot of molds I threw and dropped are coming back.

I am however though looking for a good stable putter that's slightly more shallow than a wizard. I have a pro d zone that isn't straight enough yet. So if anybody has a good suggestion I'm game.

Latest posts