• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What non-golf uses do you use discs for?

Mike C

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
I thought about making this thread when I used a rhyno to knock down a tree branch today at the Louisville OH course. It was about to fall and was near the basket so I took it down so it didn't injure anyone. I've also used discs for seats when taking a break. Earlier in the year I took down a few apples hanging high up in an apple tree for a midgame snack. What things have you used yours for besides playing the game?

What a spintastic topic!

Non-disc golf golf disc uses with which I am experienced:

- trapping scorpions*
- glass marble roller-rink to entertain persons and cats
- to break the ice off my car (champ monster FH taps)
- electronic percussion**
- change/picks/candy/misc jar
- stackable storage (see change jar)
- spankin a dirty squirrel
- doorstop
- fan
- deposit slip writing surface
- back scratcher (star shark)
- light hammering (champ gator)

* scorpions. I trap them using 1 or 2 champ discs, best combo is groove and putter. Last week I spotted one on my backpack as I was driving, and when I stopped to remove the lil fella, he hunkered down in the fold of the seat. I got him using my sandal and a champ teebird, grabbing one pincher with the shoe and the notch of the tb. Flung him away and all was good.

** electronic percussion. I did a fine art metals assignment, all wrong. I attached piezo triggers to putters, the triggers went to a drum module, that box controlled a sampler, which was I/O'd to a digital mixer, with multiple mic feeds to the sampling input, and the output running to a stereo PA. it was live sampling, fired from frisbees.

Well, I got a disc from my buddy earlier in the summer, and the thing was covered in resin. I thought I would have better use for it, but since it was a birdie, it didn't turnout that way.

Since most of the basics have been covered I'll add just one
Sunglasses. Driving I couldn't find my shades so I took out an extremely clear orange champ sidewinder and just watched the road through that.

i know a couple guys who use them under the kickstands on their motorcycles to keep them from sinking into the turf when parking off of the pavement. holy run on.

* paper plate holder
* ash tray holder
* fanning device when it's hot outside
* improvised water bowl for the dog
* of course breaking up and rolling/loading of a certain herbical substance
* fly/dragonfly/bee/wasp/spider swatter
* hitting people in the back of the legs

Ted Damson said:
Non-disc golf golf disc uses with which I am experienced:

- trapping scorpions*
- to break the ice off my car (champ monster FH taps)

What part of hell do you live in that has ice AND scorpions?

pointdisc said:
dx shark

pd

Tim and I used a dx shark to keep the 12' central support 4x4 from punching a hole through our cathedral ceiling tarp on a camping road trip. It suffered mightily, but was still legal for play, technically.

My favorite use:

Dye Holder

I use a few of my discs for MTA... I know it's still throwing them, but it is non-golf...

In my car I'ves used them as a writing board when I'm at the bank and as a food tray sometimes. We've used them for cones at the football field where the players have to change direction.

Latest posts