• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What Pro do you want to see/expect to see breakout in 2019?

In both cases, been there a while if you know where to look.

:thmbup: Still, it might be worth getting a moderator to "officialize" or validate your DGCR ID as "Pro DG Andrew Fish," like some of the other pros have done. It took a while for me to realize who you were.

Will this years tour schedule be pretty similar to last year? Any forays into new regions? Good luck!

Now that Chris Dickerson is going to be touring more, I'm expecting him to be battling on the lead card more frequently. That guy has ice water running through his veins and rarely breaks under pressure.

This. Dickerson is poised to take down some big wins this year. The full time touring is a big deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As far as someone I'd like to see take a big win, how about AJ Risley? He has one of the best attitudes in disc golf along with Lizotte.

Yes, I have thought about this. The top 20 guys are probably all 95%+ from 25 feet, but it's those 25-33 footers that are the real separator. Udisc does show the distance in the live scoring when they make a putt, which I assume is an estimate from the score keeper and all "tap ins" seem to be listed at 5 feet. Would be awesome to see the C1 stats broken up, but it would still require very accurate score keeping (entering distances) to be meaningful.

Assuming the score entry app they're using for the live scoring on Udisc is the same as the one available to anyone with a Udisc membership, there are three options when identifying a made putt from within C1: 0-11 feet, 11-22 feet, 22-33 feet. When displayed, they show as 5, 16, and 27 feet respectively. Even if they're using a slightly different app and the scorekeeper is recording an exact distance instead of a range, it might show in the throw tracker in the moment but the final stats still show only the median distance within each proscribed range. Just look at any player's round from last year. All their putts are either 5, 16, or 27 feet...or 38, 49, 60 from circle 2.

This. Dickerson is poised to take down some big wins this year. The full time touring is a big deal.

I have yet to see evidence that Dickerson is going to be touring more. He is signed up for exactly 1 "tour" level event so far...

I have yet to see evidence that Dickerson is going to be touring more. He is signed up for exactly 1 "tour" level event so far...

Last fall on Smashboxx, he said he'd just bought a truck and camper, though he said that didn't necessarily mean he was going to tour full time. It will likely extend the radius to which he will travel though.

I don't see why he necessarily needs to tour full time. The way he operates now seems to work pretty well for him. Skip the extensive and therefore expensive trip out west, hit all the elite events east of the Rockies, and play locally in the meantime. All he really misses out on, aside from the experience of playing the west coast events/courses, is a chance to place in the money in the NT standings. I imagine whatever money he misses out on there is a wash with what he saves not being on the road full time from late February through June trying to hit all of Vegas and Memorial and Masters Cup and Portland/BSF.

:thmbup: Still, it might be worth getting a moderator to "officialize" or validate your DGCR ID as "Pro DG Andrew Fish," like some of the other pros have done. It took a while for me to realize who you were.

Will this years tour schedule be pretty similar to last year? Any forays into new regions? Good luck!

Thanks. The local slate of A/B-tiers around here, Beaver State Fling, MVP Open, Green Mountain Championships, and Delaware for sure. Possibly Worlds and DGLO.

Thanks. The local slate of A/B-tiers around here, Beaver State Fling, MVP Open, Green Mountain Championships, and Delaware for sure. Possibly Worlds and DGLO.

USDGC isn't terribly far from Baltimore either. Though judging by the recent pod appearance and chatting about course design I'm not sure Winthrop Gold is the kind of course you get enthused about.

USDGC isn't terribly far from Baltimore either. Though judging by the recent pod appearance and chatting about course design I'm not sure Winthrop Gold is the kind of course you get enthused about.

…and you have to qualify for it. For someone like him, it shouldn't be too hard but its still an obstacle.

I've played it twice, in 2014 and 2015. I don't care for the course, even though the tournament's presentation is outstanding. The way I've weighed it the last couple years is that I'd have to take off a full week of work to get practice time and Wednesday-Saturday rounds in order to play USDGC. I'd rather take off five other Thursdays/Fridays to get a day in on some regional A-tiers instead of having to scramble to events Friday after work and playing blind.

Thanks for shutting that loudmouth up, even if only temporarily.

…and you have to qualify for it. For someone like him, it shouldn't be too hard but its still an obstacle.

The trick is to qualify late in the season, after all the big horses have gotten their spots. It's easy pickins... I think at Delaware last year the fifth awarded spot wasn't even in the cash.

At Worlds, Bjerkaas played 28 throws better than her rating, while Pierce played just one throw worse than her rating. So, it's 97.5% Bjerkaas winning it, 3.5% Pierce losing it.

They gave it 101%! :D

Edit.
Should have known this had been addressed pages ago.

Last edited: