• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What was your first bag?

innova starter, then i stepped up to a crunch box
both are still around, my brother uses the starter and use the crunch for a small carry on when traveling

a old Ecko backpack that looked like the current ranger bag.

(my brother still uses it and I did for school in 2005) Solid.

Started using my camelbak daypack, I think the model was Alpine Explorer. Once I was ready to move up I stumbled into a deal on a Simian and havent looked back

Home made with leftover plumbing materials and some 550 cord

QM2eYLT.jpg

wO4SG5W.jpg

632.gif

Lightening starter bag for $12. DX Valkyrie, banshee, archangel and aviar. After a year, a walmart backpack for $22. Held about 18 discs, had a laptop pocket that held 2 putters. Worked well for another year or so. Then the Fade tourney bag with quad shocks. Loved that bag for nigh of 3 years. Won a gateway Ozark backpack and still carry that. Holds everything. Wish it had better straps, but otherwise its awesome.
But there is that whisper in my ear... The new lat 64, ranger, grip and Hyzer bomb bags look pretty sweet...

Innova deluxe. Held like 16 discs. Perfect for all the discs I had fished out of the pond. It lasted about a year and I gave it to a friend. Then I got a GB Gorilla (before the deluxe line bags) and soon after that a squirrel monkey. That plus the one my wife made me have lasted me 7 or 8 years now. They are all in too good of shape for me to justify another bag, even if I want one.

My first bag was an Innova Starter bag, then I got a new Revo Club bag for $50. It's the same dimensions and has the same cage as the Carolina bag.
Then I got a used Revo Carolina.
Now I alternate between a Magellan and a Grip, depending on my mood and the situation.

Wall City Cube. One of my buddies still uses it approximately 20 years later. That thing is durable.

Same here. My first dedicated bag was a Wall City Cube, and one of my buddies is still using it. I wish that he was still making bags.

I use a standard Innova bag now. I like the individual disc sleeves.

My first and only "real" bag was the Fade Tourney bag I found a sweet deal on during Black Friday a couple years ago. The bag is awesome, but I get bored easily and am working on some serious improvements to the DIY backpack in this thread:http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=95534

Unfortunately they will end up making an affordable DIY bag fairly pricy, but in the long run I think it will be worth it.

Same here. My first dedicated bag was a Wall City Cube, and one of my buddies is still using it. I wish that he was still making bags.

I use a standard Innova bag now. I like the individual disc sleeves.

So what's the story with Wall City? I couldn't find any info about them online. Buying equipment in the mid to late 90s was way different than it is nowadays.

Innova Deluxe was my first and second bag(W/ Quads). The zipper gave out on the big pouch and I rocked it for about a year until I got a new one for Christmas. So, I sold my old one to a buddy who was just getting into discing, he ended up fixing it and its still around to this day!! My 2nd bag had to be plastidipped to keep it functioning. These days I have a Simian that i really enjoy and i only use my Deluxe bag when flying.

Moved from carrying by hand to repurposing a hunting "blind bag" and sewed up some hunting slings into completely adjustable backpack straps. Held anything and everything, even a putter pocket fitting 2 putters. After about 8 seasons it was too worn out and zippers where I held water bottles were broken (bottles fell out bending down to grab discs). Late last season I got a new bag - a Latitude 64 deluxe backpack bag. This thing will last a long time I can already tell and i'm loving the storage options.

Everyone starts with a bookbag/backpack, right?
My upgrade to a Wall City Cube happened around 1997. Wish I still had it.

Innova Standard. I only carried a putter and midranges when I started and only owned about six discs the first six months of playing. The nicest bag around back then was the Innova Tour Bags and Revolution Carolina bag which I really only saw Open players carrying.

My very first was an Innova Standard which I used for 5-6 years and just recently gave it to a buddy after I bought a brand new Fade Crunch Box.

My first bag was a Kroger wine bag (the kind they give away for free when you buy 6 bottles of vino). I cut out the dividers and could fit about 6 discs inside. Needless to say, I advanced to a soft side cooler and then a Crunch Box rather rapidly.

I'm even giving the noobs that I'm getting into the sport the Harbor Freight special bag that I used when I first began. They love it, only $5 with a coupon, not a bad first bag, eh???

a cheap sling gym type bag..could hold like 5 discs and a bee..water.. then got an Innova Comp bag a week or so down the road after i was completely addicted and had like 20 discs

Last edited: