• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What Was Your First Disc?

StrikerME02

Birdie Member
Just interesting because usually you get your first disc just to enjoy the game every now and then before you get hooked and play seriously like every single day. I will start it off mine was a DX Leopard....eventually lost it in a pond and I don't have it anymore.

DX 150 Gazelle, first stamp after first run, its on my gazelle wall now. Wifes was a 150 stingray, ditto.

I didn't have any discs of my own the first time I played, went with a friend who let me use, and ended up giving me, a QJLS disc, so that became my first disc. I ended up losing it in Freeman Lake a few months later...

#2 Helix ... don't recall the weight but it was red and I lost it within a month.

My first was a 151 blue dx valkyrie, second was a bright green 150 dx teebird, third was a blue 172 aviar p&a. I still have all three, though both drivers are beat beyond flippy at this point and are loaner discs for newer players now.

I didn't have any discs of my own the first time I played, went with a friend who let me use, and ended up giving me, a QJLS disc, so that became my first disc. I ended up losing it in Freeman Lake a few months later...

I'm with you. My first disc was given to me by a friend. It was a DX Cobra. Bought a DX Teebird and Pro D Banger GT about a week later though.

My first was Champion Wraith 172, couldn't throw it for crap, up and to the left over and over.
First success was with Champ RoadRunner.
Had to grow into the wraith at the beginning

I started playing with the Innova Champion Starter Set. Valkyrie, Panther, Aviar. Lost the Valkyrie a little over 2 months after I started playing. Still toss the Panther and Aviar. Out of 24 discs I own, the Panther has always been in my top 2 favorite discs to throw.

First disc was either a pink DX Leopard.
Eventually, I think I gave it away.
Overall, not a bad first disc.

mine was the innova dx starter kit and plus a beast i bought at the same time, only have shark and avair left

This thread is really making me nostalgic. My first two discs were a KC Pro Eagle and a DX Shark. I think I am going to go out to Lenora Park this weekend and play with my first two discs at the first course I played.

My first disc was a white 180 gram DX Scorpion. It's sitting at the bottom of the lake just beyond basket #1 at Old Settlers' Park in Round Rock, Texas. I remember it distinctly. I overthrew my second throw and it sailed over the top of the basket by about two feet. Had it not been for a breeze that came along and lifted it up another foot and carried it out out, it may have dropped on the edge of the bank or at least fell in the shallow area. But where it ended up, there was little chance I would ever be able to dive and find it. So there it rests.:(

Pretty sure it wasn't my first disc, but the first one I really remember using was a Stealth, or maybe an Aviar. Bah, guess I don't really remember.

Latest posts