• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What was your worst round?

I was playing a round at the Central Michigan University course in either late February or early March. The ice on the pond was just starting to melt. On hole 1 I threw my Aerobie Epic about 20 feet onto the half frozen pond.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course_pics/595/589f660c.jpg

In the group of friends I was with was one guy who is an EMT and one who is a lifeguard, so I figured it would be safe to go get my disc. I was thinking that after I got back on shore I would want dry clothes so I took off everything except my boxer briefs.

The ice was very thin and I didn't think I should walk on it so I laid on my stomach and slid slowly to my disc. I got it and threw it back to the shore and crawled back. I later found out that 2 of my friends had gotten video of the incident on their phones so they could later show everyone I know video of me, half naked, slowly sliding on paper thin ice to get a basically worthless disc.

My stomach, legs and arms were very red and felt like they were burning (I also had some major shrinkage going on if you know what I mean) but I put my clothes on and finished the round. I think I shot like a +10. It was terrible.

Last edited:
+12 at Taylor Lake. The day before I shot -1. I just couldn't stop bogeying the 1st 4 holes, then I was pushing to get the stokes back and made worse and worse decisions.....

I'm pretty sure Timg saw my worst game of DG on Friday. I shouldn't try playing 3 courses with no rest between the 2nd and 3rd. And I should have known to bring some extra clothes. I was just entirely sweat soaked by the time round 3 came around and I couldn't tell at the time buy my power was fading fast.

I threw my brand new (only thrown 2 times) DD and I didn't have the power to push it out like I did earlier in the day, it faded into the thick crap at Parma....Timg and Sloppydisc and myself looked for a good long while before I said screw it. We play the rest of the hole which went somewhat okay, I took a 6 after taking the stroke for losing the disc...which a 5 on that hole isn't really disastrous...6 and 7 without losing a disc are common.

We move on to the next hole that used to have a 50' tree lined tunnel...now they moved the tee back and it's like a 100' tree lined tunnel. This hole just isn't fun to me anymore, it feels really impossible to get out of the tree tunnel and even if you do you have to go another 300' then suddenly turn right behind a tree covered hill to the basket.

Any way it took me 4 terrible throws out to the open, then I went too far right too early. But I was sooo far right that I just tossed through a hole in the wooded hill. I hear it make it through and hit.

We spend another 25 minutes...but we find this one. The lady friend gets out of class and calls me and I'm just ready to give up. But we find the disc and I decide the next 3 holes play on the way to the car so I'll give them a go...nothing as disastrous as the previous two holes...but it wasn't convincing me that staying would be more fun that cooling off and eating seafood. So that's what I did.

Sorry I had to cut my first round with our fearless leader off like that...but I think it was better for my psyche.

\/\/

let's try this

and this....

There are a ton of days like this over the course of the years; for one reason or another. Some days are lesser fun "walks in the park" than others....:) This one was perhaps the most awful courses/experiences ever played in one day though.....

Latest posts