• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What was your worst round?

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Just curious what everyone's worst round might be.. I think mine would have to be today. I was at Baker Farm in Chili and kicking ass up until #9 at which point I lost my Pro Wraith. So I hunted around for a while and then gave up on it and finished the hole.

#9 plays by the parking lot so I pick up a brand new replacement Wraith and move on to #10.

#10, I threw my first disc and it was fine. Then I thought I'd throw another just for fun. Poor release, through a tree and into some thick rough. Another disc lost (Cobra for those wondering).

So #11 rolls around and I use my Wraith for my second shot (this hole is 900+ft). It goes right, hits a tree on the border of a large weeded field and looks like it dropped straight down so I wasn't too concerned. When I made it to the tree my disc was nowhere to be found. This time I searched for a good 30 minutes but no dice.

I decided it might be best to pack it in at that point as things obviously were not going my way this day. So 3 holes and 3 discs in a row lost.. never have I had so many poor shots in succession.

On the plus side, some online disc retailer will be receiving another order in the near future :)

Tim,

Sorry to hear about the tough round.

Mine was Fri.

I was on par for a personal best (8 over par as opposed to my normal 10 or 11 over par. Sorry, only been at this for 3 months.) When on the last hole I drove my 169 gram Star TL perfectly between two pines 40 feet from the hole. Great chance for a birdie. There was a group ahead of us and one kid grabbed my TL and took off with it.

A disc lost from poor play has not nearly the sting as watching the only driver you throw half way decent being lifted.

Wow.. that is outrageous! What a scumbag! I would have been livid.

I would say that my worst round of my short history so far is at Quaker's Challenge... lost two discs in two holes near the end of my round. Can't say I shot very well either... it's recorded in the scorebook for those that are curious...

Mine was yesterday at at Mini tournament. I shot a 64. I had never played that bad. I think it was lack of sleep and I was nervous, and trying to hard. Also, after the tournament, I went to the practice field for a few hours, took my 38 discs with me, and threw everything for a while. I realized that the 14 discs I had in my bag needed to be rearranged, and I took some out, and put some back in. I discovered that I didn't have a great disc set up, so I made some changes and I think I have a good combination now. Next time will be better.

my worst was only on a 9 hole course.
there is a small creek that runs through most of the course and recently it had rained, a lot.
well on hole 2 i throw my brothers brand new champion orc in the water. and look for it for 20 minutes and can't find it.
after the small defeat i move on. on hole 7 i throw my tee rex in around the same spot and i look for that one for another 20 minutes.

after these two loses i jump out and am about to put on my shoes when a bee stings my foot! i ended up leaving then.

:)

Once I was playing hole 6 at Central Park. My drive went in the creek. I made my way down to the creek and waded in to get it. While I was in the water my bag rolled down the hill and fell into the creek too..

I feel your pain timg!

I've lost more wraiths than all other kinds of discs combined, and I've always lost them to the right. I eventually got tired of replacing them and switched to a surge, which has been working fantastic for me and I've yet to lose or even have a close call with.

Ugh!

I hate just thinking about it, but...

I was on the first tee at the course in Sussex, WI. It overlooks a nice size pond in the spring and it was particulary large this spring due to all of the snow we had gotten previously. So, well to make a long story short...my first toss..favorite disc right into to middle of the nasty water. I shake it off quickly and reach back into my bag and grab my second favorite disc.( old trusty. Right?) Second toss, wind comes up...takes the disc right off course and right into the pond again.
I no longer play that hole with my favorites...

TODAY! i played horrible not one decent tee shot in 9 holes and i lost a brand new disc in the bamboo forest of the 6th hole. new rule: no thickets of bamboo on disc golf courses they just eat discs alive. so now i have to wake up extra early to go replace the disc before a 1 pm tournament.

How about a worst hole story. Earlier this year playing in the 2008 Washington Series Tournament at Riverside Parki n Sumner, Washington, a player in our foursome playing in the senior something division (Our motto "we're not only old but we're not very good") experienced the worse single hole I've ever witnessed.

# 7 is a big anhyser shot around some trees. The left side is rough, then a creek/ditch with even deeper, darker rough on that side of the creek. So this player throws a hyser over the creek way out of bounds. As he's crossing the creek/ditch on a log, he falls in up to mid-thigh on his right leg. We all proceed to search the allotted time for his disc. No luck so he loses his disc and takes a penalty stroke. As he's crossing the creek/ditch to get back on the course, he falls in again. This time up to his waist on his left leg. From the OB point he pitches his 3rd shot up to about 8 feet from the basket. And then putting for a bogey 4, he misses the almost gimmee and finally takes a double bogey 5.

In summary:

Throws OB
Falls in creek/ditch
Loses disc
Takes penalty stroke
Falls in creek/ditch 2nd time
Misses easy putt for double bogey

Played in a tournament last year, and hit just about every OB that was out there. Finished with a 87 I think.:(

One year at the Ohio State Champs I started the 3rd round on hole #3. I was in 10th place after 2 rounds and beating the then current US Open Champ, who was on my card. I had 6 bogeys in a row that round. :doh:

Losing Wraiths... a common theme. The Woodshed and Whippin' Post got me last Fall. I was generally getting beat up by the courses...but that's not unusual.

#13 of the Woodshed is my favorite hole there. About 400' down into a valley an another 100' or so back up the other side. Well, when you turn your drive over, 300' bown hill away, but also 100-200' right, in the shule at the Woodshed none the less, you can kiss that sweet 150g, Champion JK Valkyrie goodbye.

Then on the 800+' Whippin' Post #6, I was trying to flex my 175g, Champion Wraith as far as I could. I was still fuming from the lost Valk and general crappy play. So I ripped the Wraith, but hardly got any Anhyzer on it and it hyzered probably 100' left into the thick stuff again. Searched for both discs for 30 minutes or more with no luck.

When it takes an hour to get there, I really hated wasting the hour searching. I think that I quit after that hole and I never cut rounds short. I was just sick to my stomach. :sick:

Just curious what everyone's worst round might be..)

One of the rounds after my back injury. I was feeling pretty good and was putting what I had out there. Everything was feeling right but the discs were going everywhere. Mostly short and wide. After that round I felt like quitting. That was spring `09. It's frustrating knowing what you can do and not being able to execute it. I learned a lot last year.