• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What will be in Mcbeth's bag?

I'm sure throughout the season we will see him experiment in that OS forehand driver slot. Between the pred, raptor, machete, force, crush, flick, and nuke OS hes got lots of options..

It looked like he was flicking one of those iDye Trackers on the California Part 2 video

If the Tracker is revived and it is Discraft's closest disc to an Eagle (EX) and Mcbeth bags it, then it shows that the Eagle is an excellent disc. Sadly, it will have taken him to go to Discraft to finally realize this truth. :)

Seriously, I would like to see a good mold given a second chance.

Curious to see if he ends up liking the Machete for his OS fairway or if he ends up going another direction. That and OS putter were the slots that changed most frequently in his Innova lineup. Zone should take care of the OS putter issues. I think Machetes rule and would love to see Paul bag one.

Curious to see if he ends up liking the Machete for his OS fairway or if he ends up going another direction. That and OS putter were the slots that changed most frequently in his Innova lineup. Zone should take care of the OS putter issues. I think Machetes rule and would love to see Paul bag one.

I have no clue what he wants out of an OS control driver. He's bagged regular Firebirds, gone more OS with the Monster, and gone less OS with the Sexton Firebirds and FD3's. Seems to have gone to less crazy beefy styles lately. Whereas my small experience with the Machete is that it is in FAF Firebird realm of insane stability.

I have no clue what he wants out of an OS control driver. He's bagged regular Firebirds, gone more OS with the Monster, and gone less OS with the Sexton Firebirds and FD3's. Seems to have gone to less crazy beefy styles lately. Whereas my small experience with the Machete is that it is in FAF Firebird realm of insane stability.

The one complaint he had with the Firebird is that it wasn't comfortable for him in his hand, so he would sometimes not trust the disc as a result. It seems like he prefers discs with deeper rims. I don't recall if the Machete rim is deeper than a Firebird or not, but that would probably play a role. I can see it as a utility disc that comes in and out of his bag based on the course/conditions.

Machetes are up there with the most OS fairways ever made. I'd always just assumed that the reason that McBeth swapped around with utility fairways was that he couldn't find one that was consistently OS enough, but you make a good point that some of the options he tried out were inherently less OS than stock champ Firebirds. Explains why he was testing out a Predator back during that Drivers episode of the build a bag videos with Jomez.

The one complaint he had with the Firebird is that it wasn't comfortable for him in his hand, so he would sometimes not trust the disc as a result. It seems like he prefers discs with deeper rims. I don't recall if the Machete rim is deeper than a Firebird or not, but that would probably play a role. I can see it as a utility disc that comes in and out of his bag based on the course/conditions.

Interesting. I feel like I have zero issues going between Champ Firebird, Champ Thunderbird, and Champ Teebird...Teebird is obviously narrower but they are all in the same family to me. He was throwing all of those too. I guess different disc feel aspects are more noticeable to certain people. I like I don't really like the anhyzer top, for instance.

Interesting. I feel like I have zero issues going between Champ Firebird, Champ Thunderbird, and Champ Teebird...Teebird is obviously narrower but they are all in the same family to me. He was throwing all of those too. I guess different disc feel aspects are more noticeable to certain people. I like I don't really like the anhyzer top, for instance.

Yeah, both Teebird and Thunderbird have slightly shallower rims than the Firebird, so who knows if it was rim depth issues or something else. I just remember him saying in one interview that he didn't find it comfortable in his hand so he didn't trust the grip.

If the Tracker is revived and it is Discraft's closest disc to an Eagle (EX) and Mcbeth bags it, then it shows that the Eagle is an excellent disc. Sadly, it will have taken him to go to Discraft to finally realize this truth. :)

Lol......guess this is testimony to the power of McBeth marketing. FTFY

If the Tracker is revived and it is Discraft's closest disc to an Eagle (EX) and McBeth bags it, the then shows that the Eagle is a disc that McBeth sometimes likes. I never found the Tracker to be an excellent disc.

According to his in the bag from early 2012 (before he won his first world chapionship) he did have an Eagle in his bag back then. He also described the PD as a faster Eagle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJLBkfDemM4

Machetes are up there with the most OS fairways ever made. I'd always just assumed that the reason that McBeth swapped around with utility fairways was that he couldn't find one that was consistently OS enough, but you make a good point that some of the options he tried out were inherently less OS than stock champ Firebirds. Explains why he was testing out a Predator back during that Drivers episode of the build a bag videos with Jomez.

He wasn't even trying it during his building the bag, so it seems unlikely. The Raptor is said to be between a Predator and Machete so perhaps he'll bag that. I would guess that this slot will change multiple times just as it did with Innova. He seemed to really settle into that red Luster Firebird last year but said he couldn't find a backup. Seems odd but perhaps he already knew he was moving to Discraft and wanted to take a subtle shot at Innova's consistency.

He wasn't even trying it during his building the bag, so it seems unlikely. The Raptor is said to be between a Predator and Machete so perhaps he'll bag that. I would guess that this slot will change multiple times just as it did with Innova. He seemed to really settle into that red Luster Firebird last year but said he couldn't find a backup. Seems odd but perhaps he already knew he was moving to Discraft and wanted to take a subtle shot at Innova's consistency.

Those in the bag videos were shot months ago though, very possible he has tried more since then. Who knows? We should get a better idea this weekend.

Lol......guess this is testimony to the power of McBeth marketing. FTFY

If the Tracker is revived and it is Discraft's closest disc to an Eagle (EX) and McBeth bags it, the then shows that the Eagle is a disc that McBeth sometimes likes. I never found the Tracker to be an excellent disc.

I got a sweet esp tracker that looks to be unthrown from John last year. He only throws Innova so he's got this running collection of Discraft discs at the house from the last decade and some are brand new and just sitting in a box.

Feels like an Eagle now that you mention it. Maybe I will throw it one day but there are plenty in line ahead of it.

Was his in the bag video not supposed to be out by today? I thought it was supposed to be out before the tournament started.

The first round is already "in the bag". :D

Last edited:
Was his in the bag video not supposed to be out by today? I thought it was supposed to be out before the tournament started.

The first round is already "in the bag". :D

I'd rather see one late spring/early summer. I would assume by then things would be ironed out.

These are the ones I noticed from the first WTO vid...

Z Tracker
Luna(they said Luna on his first approach shot but never said what he was putting with)
Z Zone
JB Wasp
Z Force
Ti Undertaker
Something that looked like a swirly esp force
A drone couldn't tell what the plastic was.

Latest posts