• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What will be in Mcbeth's bag?

I think to some degree Paul throws the discs that feels good in the hand. .. and then makes that disc fly like he wants by chosing the right plastic and degree of beaten in disc. .

The ZONE feels good in his hands in a way the likes of Aviar X3 and others never did. . .just my thought

IDK if it was because of the wind this past week, but Paul didn't seem to throw the Kong much, if at all. All his long drives were with Forces. Is he not liking the Kong, or were the fairways in KS just too tight for the Kong to be reliable?

IDK if it was because of the wind this past week, but Paul didn't seem to throw the Kong much, if at all. All his long drives were with Forces. Is he not liking the Kong, or were the fairways in KS just too tight for the Kong to be reliable?

Probably not too tight as much as it was too windy

As someone that played there last week as well - It was too damned windy for EVERYTHING except for the most OS discs. Thursday, I either threw a Raptor or a Zone off of the tee all day. Sustained 20-25 MPH winds with 40-45 MPH gusts. It felt like i was riding a motorcycle for 3 hours without a helmet or goggles on.

As someone that played there last week as well - It was too damned windy for EVERYTHING except for the most OS discs. Thursday, I either threw a Raptor or a Zone off of the tee all day. Sustained 20-25 MPH winds with 40-45 MPH gusts. It felt like i was riding a motorcycle for 3 hours without a helmet or goggles on.

Yeah. I don't think I've ever attempted to even play in winds that strong. I'd have to revamp my bag entirely to play a tourny in heavy wind like that.

I'd be relying on XCals and Firebirds a lot. My score would suck too.

Yeah. I don't think I've ever attempted to even play in winds that strong. I'd have to revamp my bag entirely to play a tourny in heavy wind like that.

I'd be relying on XCals and Firebirds a lot. My score would suck too.

We have winds like that here in ND fairly regularly, and I've played a couple tournaments in 25+ winds. From my experience, the Ams that do well in those conditions do so not just by throwing OS Discs on hyzer and playing conservatively, but also by landing their discs in a spot where they're putting/throwing with a tailwind or left to right. It's not very scary or difficult putting from circles edge with a tailwind, but with a headwind at that distance you start seeing people putt with OS mids, putt with their disc upside down, or just layup.

We have winds like that here in ND fairly regularly, and I've played a couple tournaments in 25+ winds. From my experience, the Ams that do well in those conditions do so not just by throwing OS Discs on hyzer and playing conservatively, but also by landing their discs in a spot where they're putting/throwing with a tailwind or left to right. It's not very scary or difficult putting from circles edge with a tailwind, but with a headwind at that distance you start seeing people putt with OS mids, putt with their disc upside down, or just layup.

i played a doubles tournament in Bowling Green in the 90's and one of the courses played around a lake. it was so windy they shut down the marina and banned boats from going out that day. i had never even heard of anyone closing a lake for wind before.

i saw numerous drives go forward 100 ft then straight up and land at least that far behind the tee. i found i could throw a forehand roller with a max weight X-Clone, get it down quick and play under the wind with some degree of success . but everything outside 15 ft was still an ify upshot. not fun and nothing i'd ever want to do again.

i'd like to see a spoof commercial with Paul standing on a tee, his hat getting blown off and he says "for me, it's my job":\

Did Paul use the Nuke OS in GBO? He said he was testing it for windy days in his in-the-bag series

Did Paul use the Nuke OS in GBO? He said he was testing it for windy days in his in-the-bag series

I don't think so. It looked like he was using two aqua blue Forces, one a Jomez stamp. He Also had a 2 swirly Tour Series, one blue, one orange. Then an orange claw mark Force. I don't remember seeing his Tsunami, but had a yellow Z Pred.

Austin Hannum said his Nuke OS saw a lot of use.

The "putter round only" is up :)

Insane how smoth and far he can throw a Big-Z ROACH

and really fun that he throws blank Big-Z ROACH :) . . the only stamp i wipe, hate it

From Pauls Instagram. .

The Avenger SS instead of the HEAT?
Big-Z LUNA?

attachment.php

Attachments

• insta.JPG
    insta.JPG
    114.1 KB · Views: 162