• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What would you do to get a disc back?

Phenn

Birdie Member
So I was playing a game in the wind today at Audubon today. Hole one opens up with a long open fairway with trees lining the left and a nice transformer substation on the right complete with razor wire and a bunch of warning signs. Naturally, most people settle with a shot close to the trees over risking a disc into the substation.

Today, I didn't.

My P-PD turned juuuuust enough in the wind to sail right over the fence and land in the middle of the substation.

Well, I wasn't about to let my newly-purchased plastic go (the wife has put down her foot on new discs). So my buddy offers to hold up the fence so I can snake under. Just as we were prepping, the guys behind us also put a disc into the substation.

So I braved the fence, security cameras, etc., put my face in the dirt, crawled through and nabbed our discs.

So now I'm curious--what crazy things have you all done to retrieve lost plastic?

:popcorn:

So I was playing a game in the wind today at Audubon today. Hole one opens up with a long open fairway with trees lining the left and a nice transformer substation on the right complete with razor wire and a bunch of warning signs. Naturally, most people settle with a shot close to the trees over risking a disc into the substation.

Today, I didn't.

My P-PD turned juuuuust enough in the wind to sail right over the fence and land in the middle of the substation.

Well, I wasn't about to let my newly-purchased plastic go (the wife has put down her foot on new discs). So my buddy offers to hold up the fence so I can snake under. Just as we were prepping, the guys behind us also put a disc into the substation.

So I braved the fence, security cameras, etc., put my face in the dirt, crawled through and nabbed our discs.

So now I'm curious--what crazy things have you all done to retrieve lost plastic?

:popcorn:

I play that course a couple of times a week you must of thrown high for it to take that route! lol Always go the slight hyzer route to so I can make par.

On a side note, yest I would do the same thing you did.

I once landed a disc on top of a restroom facility pictured here:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course_pics/4276/35b7d8b6.jpg

I landed on the right side about 2 feet from the edge. It's about 10ft high, I tried using a long branch to get it down, didn't work. So I got in my trailblazer, drove through the grass, parked it on the side, climbed on top of it, and got my disc.

It so happened a cop of some sort was doing something in the park that day, he drove up to the parking lot and was walking up to me just as I got down with my disc. It was a good laugh.

crawl under a fence into a secure area- yes

wade into a small lake choked with water plants hiding possible alligator and probable poisonous snakes- no

the latter is what i did not do a couple weeks ago in hitchcock, tx

wade into a small lake choked with water plants hiding possible alligator and probable poisonous snakes- no

Gonna go out a limb here and say that's PROBABLY a smart decision. :thmbup:

We had the same thing happen at Hitchcock. Saw a yellow disc in there, went in a bit pulled it out, wasn't his disc. Decided it was a good trade and called it even.

I had to find a hole under a fence to get into a storage depot for TXdot.

Yeah I didn't do this in Ft. Myers FL either.

I have spent 30 min in a creek full of reeds and cat tails that were atleast 6 feet tall looking for my disc. I try to never leave a soldier behind but that day the creek won :(. Today I had to wade out in a small stream in the low 50's flowing with snow melt to grab a buddies and my disc.

24e5347c_m.jpg

Just the other day I threw a disc into that stagnant cesspool on the left (Old Farm #15 :doh::wall::doh::doh:).

Not gonna do it.....wouldn't be prudent.....for a Z Glide.

I was playing a solo round when I came upon 3 kids who had a disc stuck in a tree. They were throwing everything they could at it, including shoes, but couldn't get it down. The tree was covered in poison ivy and was clearly dying. I played the part of a good samaritan and climbed that tree for a crappy dx disc. I ended up with some scrapes, bruises and a mild case of poison ivy. They were pretty happy, so I guess it was worth it.

I crawled up a 60 foot pine for my blue XS....I don't like heights at all.

I threw a disc about 40 feet onto a frozen pond a couple winters ago. I stripped down to my boxer-briefs so that I could put on warm/dry clothes if I were to fall in. I laid on the ice on my stomach and tried to spread out my weight to decrease my chances of breaking through the ice. I crawled out to get it while my friends laughed and video taped it.

I threw a disc about 40 feet onto a frozen pond a couple winters ago. I stripped down to my boxer-briefs so that I could put on warm/dry clothes if I were to fall in. I laid on the ice on my stomach and tried to spread out my weight to decrease my chances of breaking through the ice. I crawled out to get it while my friends laughed and video taped it.

where is this video!?

Latest posts