• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] What's NEVER leaving your bag?

Drone here.

QJs too.

The Drone is taking a hiatus because I'm having fun with a Breaker and Shock but it'll always be in my "full" bag (only been carrying 5 or 6 discs since the fall).

QJLS' got the boot - decided to sell off my older ones and the Crave is just magic. Happy medium between the JLS and an OLF, both of which I love.

I will probably always carry a Wizard, a Teebird, and a Firebird.

I've not played a round without an Ape or a Roc in a very long time but I'm still somewhat open to change there.

Gonna have to be a Star Valkyrie and probably a Star Starfire. I even got a dx Starfire a few days ago as a water disc because I love it so much. The Starfire doesn't get enough love with all these firebirds flying around, haha.
:thmbup: I just traded in my 12x Champ Firebird for a Star Starfire and I am never looking back. I have been loving the Starfire so far and it is a million times more workable than my Firebird was. That is to say that it actually drives before fading where the FB was pretty much a boomerang.

What's never leaving my bag? Well I did say Buzzz but I went ahead and kicked it out while I try a Roc3.

Star Teebird, FLX Drone, and FLX Challenger are never leaving. They are mainstays and can cover a lot of ground for me. The rest of my bag I have switched up as of recent.

Unless someone wants to sponsor me with lots of free discs, then I don't see me ever playing without at least one Champ Firebird, Teebird, Roc, and KC Aviar. Currently, there's usually 1 Firebird, 3 TeeBirds, 3-4 Rocs, and 3-4 Aviars (not all KC).

Pures, teebirds, firebird and pds. Couldn't live without them.

I carry four pures, four teebirds, one firebird and three pds. Thats 12 out of the 22 discs in my grip.

Last edited:
Gonna have to be a Star Valkyrie and probably a Star Starfire. I even got a dx Starfire a few days ago as a water disc because I love it so much. The Starfire doesn't get enough love with all these firebirds flying around, haha.

This^ SL

Destroyer and a sidewinder. That new atlas I have kills the mid too

171 GL River. Two aces this year on it, not going anywhere.....

I always thought the Elite-X Stratus would always be with me, but it's been kicked to the curb by a RGL Pearl.

.... I really need to learn to speak Swedish....

Update... Still have the GL River in the bag, but I don't throw that particular one all too often. I have two others, one flippy that replaced the diamond (and later the F7), and one that is super straight. I'll pull out the double-ace disc once in a while, but it's not a mainstay.

The Pearl has been replaced by a Fuse. Probably a natural evolution of understable midranges.

If I were to update my answer to the OP question, I'd probably say generically "River" and "Pure". I have three of each in the bag now, and am very comfortable with them.

This time last year i said i would NEVER EVER stop throwing my old oop rocs, leopards, teebirds, aviars.. and well now after 4+ years they are all out of the bag lol .. but no worries im loving every minute throwing my new found friends :)

I'd say my safest bets are:
-172g pro line Illusion: I use it exclusively for thumbers and tomahawks and no disc has gotten me as many "questionable" birdies than this disc. It sounds awful when it hits the ground and bounces like a super ball, but I've learned it's nuances and I love it. The flip is so quick & so reliable. The only way that this disc leaves the bag is in the event that I lost it.
-175g RFF Wizard: my super neat up, thumb divoted, warped to heck wizard is my go to approach disc. I like having a good touch on my approach ****s and the soft RFF gives me just that. It's ine of my most thrown discs bc it's reliable and I'm confident in what it can do.
-180g Mystic: while this disc is a new comer to my bag, I'm really enjoying throwing it. My core of rocs are my bread & butter but man is it nice to have something that is very US out of the box. Hyzer flips to smooth turns have never been so easy. I'm sure I could use a comet or other US mid here but living in St. Louis and having access to the Gateway factory, I have already located the stock of my $ mystics. Why not throw it of I like it?

I find it far more Linley that my niche discs never leave the bag than the bread & butter if rocs, Teebirds, D1 simply bc other companies are always trying to create discs in this light. I could likely roc a full discraft mid lineup with rivals & patriots & destroyers and be perfectly fine. That said, no other company has a pro line illusion, mystic or my RFF wizard.

In general: Wizard. Everything has changed over the last so many years, but not the putter! I've been through a few of them, but wiz for the win!

Cheers!

Flat top DX Rocs. That is the only disc(s) that I'm really attached to.

My Champ Eagle (L). I tried to kick it out this winter. I thought I could get a Teebird to season up into a nice turnover disc. It never happened. Longer than my beat Roc and shorter than my Valks. It is the one disc that has truly past the test of time.

Latest posts