• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's the deal with flimsy new plastics?

Don Juan

I just got a new ESP Nate Doss Surge at Academy Sports and Outdoors for $12.99, a Star Aviar for $14.99, and a Champion Beast for $12.99. From what I know, this is CHEAP!:thmbup: I usually buy discs from Play it Again Sports here in Dallas, TX, and all Star plastic costs 18.99. I did notice that many of the discs at Academy were extremely flimsy, and I want to know is this normal? Are light discs easier to bend? Or did Innova just produce discs with a new grippier plastic?

The discs I bought were heavy, and the ones that I thought felt the most normal. Does anyone buy Champ or Star discs from Academy Sports? Whats the deal? Are they recycled unwanted discs, if not, I definitely found a new store to buy discs. They also had Star Excalibur's for $14.99

I haven't thrown the discs yet but I will keep you all updated on my reviews.

I just got a new ESP Nate Doss Surge at Academy Sports and Outdoors for $12.99, a Star Aviar for $14.99, and a Champion Beast for $12.99. From what I know, this is CHEAP!:thmbup: I usually buy discs from Play it Again Sports here in Dallas, TX, and all Star plastic costs 18.99. I did notice that many of the discs at Academy were extremely flimsy, and I want to know is this normal? Are light discs easier to bend? Or did Innova just produce discs with a new grippier plastic?

The discs I bought were heavy, and the ones that I thought felt the most normal. Does anyone buy Champ or Star discs from Academy Sports? Whats the deal? Are they recycled unwanted discs, if not, I definitely found a new store to buy discs. They also had Star Excalibur's for $14.99

I haven't thrown the discs yet but I will keep you all updated on my reviews.

The discs at Academy are top quality discs. All of their stores have exactly the same selection. They buy these discs in bulk for all of their stores, so they can sell them cheaper than PIAS. The selection is limited to those molds only. If you like those molds in those plastics... prosit!

Here is a pic of PIAS-Carrollton. The selection is the best in the Dallas area.

Attachments

• PIAS-Carrollton.jpg
    PIAS-Carrollton.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 104
I work at Academy, the discs are legit :) but yeh im gunna try and get my store to maybe expand the selection

I'm Jealous, the PIAS here doesn't have a quarter of that selection.

My fine Swedish plastic is not flimsy. Maybe branch out, and try some new brands.

WTF! your PIAS rocks! mine has about 7 different kinds of discs :(

Same here, each mold generally the same weight, and all x-outs :\

I did pick up a nice gummy Champ Teebird and my buddy got a cool 'cloud' Star FL, but that pretty much tapped the place out

aj

Latest posts