• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's the most you'd pay for a bag?

Most you'd spend on a bag...

• $50

Votes: 31 11.4%
  • $100

Votes: 67 24.6%
  • $200

Votes: 102 37.5%
  • $300

Votes: 60 22.1%
  • $400

Votes: 7 2.6%
  • $500+

Votes: 5 1.8%

• Total voters
I voted 300 because that's about what it costs to get a new Mahal shipped. I have owned a couple Simians and if there wasn't such a waiting list, I would just order another one right now.

yeah, I'm in the $50 camp as well. I've never even had an actual disc golf bag. I'm using a regular duffel bag for the time being until I get my tax refund. Then I'll get a Fade Tourney bag...

I'm a cheap bastard...

yeah, I'm in the $50 camp as well. I've never even had an actual disc golf bag. I'm using a regular duffel bag for the time being until I get my tax refund. Then I'll get a Fade Tourney bag...

I'm a cheap bastard...

fade tourney was a good bag for me. if i didnt get a grip for free i would have bought another one.

You'd have to be an idiot to spend more than $100 on a bag. I paid $176 for my Grip A.

^Yup.

Bought a Grip and ended up hating it after only a few weeks. Found out I prefer the "standard" bag, quad shock setup better. So, for me, it's $100.

On a related note, if one of you $100+ voters want to buy this really awesome, kick-butt Grip A series bag... well.... let's just say I know a guy who's lookin' to offload one ;-)

I paid 200ish for my Grip about a year or so ago. I would probably pay 250-275 if you could customize it. The older signature series bags are OK, I wish they would have ran more camo grips. I would pay 275 for that bag easily!!

I'll go cheap on a lot of stuff, but there are certain things I'll pay more for. One of those things is a disc golf bag, because it's important to me. I have had a number of shoulder injuries that are now starting to affect my back, and having the right bag is pretty important. I voted $300, because I'll be ordering a Grip very soon, and there was no $222 or $252 option.

I paid $150 for my contender and it was a terrible decision. I will never buy another bag that doesn't have a real warranty on it backed up by a reputable company. I voted $200 because as soon as summer hits I'm buying a grip and giving my contender to the garbage man.

How do you like that bag? Is it worth 200, why not get a grip if you are going to spend in the 200 range? How much does it weigh?

The Simian is built tougher, has more storage space and has a built in seat. The Grip is a great bag, Simian just worked better for me personally. My wife also has one and loves it.

I bought a Grip A series while it was on sale. It was under $200, and I love the bag, but I still felt a little guilty for spending that much money on it.

I'm a cheap bastard...

I bought myself a Fade Tourney bag for Xmas 3 years ago for $45 shipped and it's still in great shape. It holds everything I need with room to spare. If (when) it ever wears out, I'll buy another one. I can't imagine spending $200-$300 on a bag! :eek:

Spent 100 bucks on my bag and It has lasted 5 years. It will last another 20. I don't abuse it by kicking or throwing it.

Never thought I'd spend this much on a bag, but when Grips went on sale for $176, I pulled the trigger.

That said, my Cabela bag's in good shape, and I kinda miss that top storage.

Pretty sure I spent around $80 on my Innova bag a few years ago. It's got years left on it, and when it wears out I'll probably just buy a Fade. I use a Fade Lite for night golf, and even one of those (at $15) should last at least a year of regular use. Never did see the point in spending hundreds on a bag.

I bought my Grip A-series for $176 and that was a stretch so I voted $200, 'cause I suppose what's $25 more, really? I would've payed $25 more for the lifetime warranty that came standard!

EDIT: After reading through this thread there looks like there should have been a $176 option lol.

Last edited:
In reply to threevok, who said, "You'd have to be an idiot to spend more than $100 for a bag. I paid $176 for my Grip A."
You are an idiot. :)

You sure let him off easy, disc fiend. :p

My first bag was a basic Innova, eventually given to a friend, who now uses it as his mt. bag. Now I have the deluxe model above that as my small bag--$15 at a closeout store. But my main bag is a Nike gym bag with quads added--also about $15 in total parts, including stiffeners and a waterproof liner.
But, given the cash, I'b probably have a GoCart and a Simian. So, $500, no prob. :D

Latest posts