• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your farthest disc with least amount of effort?

Wreck

Par Member
Hey guys,

I was thinking about this the other day on the course. There are a lot of threads about people's longest disc, but I was wondering what everyone would say if they factored in effort to get that disc the distance.

So for me, my S-PD is my longest disc. But I put the most effort into throwing it of all my other discs (except Pred).

My Saint on the other hand, I barely have to move and that thing sails! Not my farthest disc, but def. my easiest distance.

So what disc gives you the best ratio of effort:distance?

I don't have a big arm, but my easiest distance is from my DX Leopard. Last night during field work I was pushing it out to almost 300. It was going past my TM2 Vision, and my DX Teebird.

Eagle, specifically my 167g DX. 400' with very little effort. The champ ones aren't too bad either.
The Comet gets an honorable mention. Doesn't go nearly as far as the Eagle. Surprisingly far for a mid with just a nice clean release. The direction and the amount of wind plays a key factor with both discs. Although the Eagle does do an admirable job as a "wind fighter".

My king has ridiculous glide, I rarely throw it with full power, I can usually throw it at 50-75% and get a more reliable line and about the same distance is you factor in all my problems at 100% throws.

Also I can throw my teebird with almost no effort.

Last edited:
the saint is fairly effortless for me out to 350/375 i just have to remember to not throw it too hard and it sails. Fuse i can get out nearly as far and same minimal effort.

lat64 glide rules!!

the saint is fairly effortless for me out to 350/375 i just have to remember to not throw it too hard and it sails. Fuse i can get out nearly as far and same minimal effort.

lat64 glide rules!!

Lat64 + westside = best glide discs ever

My 132gm Blizzard Katana in a side or tail wind! After that my 150gm beat in Champion Leopard, which is still OS enough for a light headwind!

sometimes i feel like i am cheating with the lat64 discs. I can throw just as far as my buddys and use a fraction of the effort, once you figure out how to handle the extra nasty glide these west/lat discs are simply amazing.

Millenium QLS for me, very nice high speed turn. Give it some height and watch it cruze after a nice long s curve.

Blizzard boss, it just flies out of the hand even on less than full power throws.

Latest posts