• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whats your favorite basket?

Look at how the chains are kept together at the bottom. Mach V has two rings. The Chainstar only has one.

That large bottom ring is the reason I don't like Mach V's.

I have seen this spit out scenario more times than I can remember.

Disc comes in just over the cage, strong side, on a hyzer.
It hits the chains right at the smaller, top ring.
Disc pushes the chains to the pole, as it slides down a bit.
Disc hits the larger bottom ring
The chain assembly swings back, and the bottom ring flings the disc right back out of the basket.

That large bottom ring is the reason I don't like Mach V's.

I have seen this spit out scenario more times than I can remember.

Disc comes in just over the cage, strong side, on a hyzer.
It hits the chains right at the smaller, top ring.
Disc pushes the chains to the pole, as it slides down a bit.
Disc hits the larger bottom ring
The chain assembly swings back, and the bottom ring flings the disc right back out of the basket.

So true, I have a lot of perfect putt spits due to that larger ring. The leading edge gets caught in there perfectly nose down and pops right back out.

Putt higher

Well, yeah, of course. There is a solution to every spit out and I am definitely in the "it's on you to adjust to the basket" camp.

Just sayin - Mach V's seem to have a big hole there that other baskets do not because of that big ring.

I think it's important to know what type of basket you're putting to. All of them have tendencies to spit out and catch in specific locations and with different style of putts. For example, Mach 3's do not like low or hyzer putts but they do great with high spin putts. Discatchers seem to be a bit finicky high left. Prodigy baskets seem to spit hard putts back at you more than other baskets.

All in all, I would say I have found that discatchers seem to be the most fair from my experience.

We have a LOT of old Mach IIs and some Mach IIIs down here, around the Phoenix area. Old Discatchers are out here, too. The Mach V is the most forgiving basket I have putted on, in a Long time, IMO.

DD Veterans are my all-time favorites
o.png

I am leaning prodigy T2 for price and nobody has really complained about them yet.

I'm looking forward to getting some T2 baskets into a course, they look to be the best of both worlds, no center chain spits but a bit softer on the edges for catching the softer putts. Looks to be a good innovation there.

I went out with a few big name pros this week and we played on courses that used Discatchers, Veterans, Prodigy T2, and Patriots. We were blown away by the catching ability of the Patriots for their price point, so much so that many of us said that the price difference is not really worth it. I can save $1000.00 to spend on other projects on the course for 18 holes. The course I am building would not really be suited for a NT, plus I wouldn't have a problem with playing a NT on these baskets, so we decided to save money. If you have not looked into the Patriot baskets you need to, I found they are really good catching baskets and I had 3 pros putt about 60 putts on them and no spit outs. Dynamic really knocked it out of the park with this basket.

TLDR: Patriot baskets by Dynamic are very, very good and worth their weight in gold, so that is the basket I am going with.

Last edited: