• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whats your favorite basket?

Nice

:popcorn:
A7gnAhO.png

Hey sidewinder, can you Please tell me where you found this pic? Thanks much.

I like the new Mach III or the new Mach V. These are some of the best baskets that do not push discs out of the basket and catch good putts while errant edge putts do not get rewarded. The baskets are some of the ones that really last baring some catastrophe, even the galvanized old Mach II just need Chains replaced for baskets. I also like the Lighting DB-5, still being made I think but the single set of Chains cause people to put a second set on that can cause the baskets to then get a matching weight outer set to make the putting better. The DB-5 is even more durable then most others in the basket catcher except the Gateway Titan and will last even longer then the Mach III and Mach V but only due to the type of Steel Alloy they use.

If you can afford them, MachX are the fairest catching targets I've experienced. There is basically zero chance of a kick back or a spit through, which are the most unfair chain/target reactions (in my opinion). The catch zone is also larger than the Prodigy pro targets, which seem very eager to push discs out to the side.

Discatcher Pro is always a good option. The only real unfair reaction you see with those is a slice through if you're high & hyzering on the strong side, but that idiosyncrasy is a pretty well known thing and it can be accounted for by thoughtful players.

If you want hilarious bad targets, get Mach II's. I think those were actually intended as a prank at one point, but by some cruel accident they went into mass production.

Nope the new Mach II are not bad it is the old style Mach II that is not very good for modern faster putting. The Joke ones are the Instep baskets with such a low disc catcher part that the discs go right though the wimpy chains and bounce out of basket. Have heard good things about the Titan brands bigger disc golf basket, that was a Innova Sport copy and does almost as good a job. Though if using the bigger Titan brand basket for an actual course I would get the basket with the clear coat spray paint on the basket and a second set of inner galvanized chains to put on the basket.

Last edited:
Hell, I even liked the handmade baskets at sugaree...I like all baskets, cuz it means I can disc. I always thought it was fair because we all have the same problems with any basket.

-A medium-sized boy putter

Hell, I even liked the handmade baskets at sugaree...I like all baskets, cuz it means I can disc. I always thought it was fair because we all have the same problems with any basket.

-A medium-sized boy putter

I've thrown on a couple homage baskets that are as good as anything you can buy. Mostly guys practice baskets at home, but the ones at Hornings are legit. And sound like a gong when your disc falls in.

Is there really any difference between a Mach V and a Chainstar?

Mach V:
dga_mach5_permBasic__28377.1377708429.500.659.jpg

Chainstar:
attachment.php

Attachments

• Chainstar.jpg
    Chainstar.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 132
Look at how the chains are kept together at the bottom. Mach V has two rings. The Chainstar only has one.

In theory:
This causes an extra spring effect. On Mach V, the outside chains have spring, inner are cushioning. On Chainstars, both sets are spring.

If that makes sense.

Look at how the chains are kept together at the bottom. Mach V has two rings. The Chainstar only has one.
Thanks, hadn't noticed that. Not saying 1 vs 2 rings doesn't have any effect, but I honestly don't think that would make a truly measureable difference.

But I could be wrong:
In theory:
This causes an extra spring effect. On Mach V, the outside chains have spring, inner are cushioning. On Chainstars, both sets are spring.

If that makes sense.

Thank you all.

Anything else??
If that's the only difference, I have trouble wrapping my head around players that have say they prefer for Mach V's over Chainstars.... or vice-versa for that matter.

Personal Note: Really need to pay attention to chain movement next time I visit a course with either of these.

Last edited:
The springy thing is enough to discern a preference of one over the other.

Innova adjustable zone

Who needs a bullseye when you can just use duct tape. Adjust your Zone Tighter and Tighter.

Attachments

• 20180910_095555.jpg
    20180910_095555.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 50

Latest posts