• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whats your favorite basket?

The newer DISCatchers are the best IMO to catch both the soft and hard putts (are they all called Pro 28s now or are the original 24 chain ones still an option?). Mach X is a close second.

The Prodigy T2s are a nice improvement from the T1s and I hear Prodigy is pricing them very aggressively these days. I do worry about paint fade on anything Prodigy though.

Prodigy gave me the best price so far. That is my lean, but I just want to see what is out there.

Innova DISCatchers

Innova DISCatchers because they are installed on more courses around the world than any other brand

Total active courses worldwide 8,130

Total DISCatcher courses worldwide 2,816
Percentage of courses with DISCatchers 35%

Total DGA courses worldwide 2,002 (includes all varieties of DGA Targets)
Percentage Courses with DGA targets 25%

Data from DGCR as of 8-9-2018

Innova DISCatchers because they are installed on more courses around the world than any other brand

Total active courses worldwide 8,130

Total DISCatcher courses worldwide 2,816
Percentage of courses with DISCatchers 35%

Total DGA courses worldwide 2,002 (includes all varieties of DGA Targets)
Percentage Courses with DGA targets 25%

Data from DGCR as of 8-9-2018

Just because they are the most used or oldest does not mean they are the best. I don't have any personal problems with any basket really, I grew up playing on mach 1s I think they are called. only had one run of chains. After those putting on anything else is heaven.

Spider-3's.

Edit: aka Spider Webs? By Alan Pier.

Just because they are the most used or oldest does not mean they are the best. I don't have any personal problems with any basket really, I grew up playing on mach 1s I think they are called. only had one run of chains. After those putting on anything else is heaven.

You asked for everyone's favorite "basket", this was MY answer. DISCatchers are not the oldest targets in the world, but they are the best selling targets in the world!

Finally got to play on MachX at Rollin Ridge last weekend. They are as good as discatcher pro28s. Haven't played on DD or Prodigy baskets though.

Monkey Trap - any custom color you want and ROCK SOLID.

Chain gauge is far too heavy in my experience. Softer putts tend to bounce off too much.

Last edited:
The only thing I don't like definitively about DISCatchers is that if you have an open course, be prepared to see the yellow bands fade really bad in no time. Innova sells a lot of baskets so quality control misses can be expected, like chains that weren't properly galvanized. Just keep an eye out for stuff like that just to be on the safe side. They do catch great though.

I prefer DISCatchers for the visibility, I think they have the biggest band on them.

MVP Pro Portals are nice but not quite as visible.

Prodigy T1's are ok, not my favorite though and kind of fugly IMO.

DGA Mach V's and X's etc. and Chainstars in standard gray are almost invisible in the woods if that is what you want. Bright color powder coated ones help with visibility.

The only thing I don't like definitively about DISCatchers is that if you have an open course, be prepared to see the yellow bands fade really bad in no time. Innova sells a lot of baskets so quality control misses can be expected, like chains that weren't properly galvanized. Just keep an eye out for stuff like that just to be on the safe side. They do catch great though.

The fade factor is truth...if you go with the standard yellow. I've got custom red Discatchers on my course that have been out for 13 years now and the baskets in the open areas that catch sun all day are not appreciably more faded than the ones that are in the perpetually shady areas. Meanwhile, there are courses in the same area with the standard yellow that are newer than mine and have noticeably faded to a much larger degree.

I don't know if it is something in the custom coloring process or if some colors are just more prone to fade than others, but it's something to consider.

I've definitely seen chains on DISCatchers rust before their time. Englewood comes to mind.

please create a poll. i suspect you'll glean more info more quickly that way...

MachX are great
Discatchers can be fine
Prodigy's baskets are fine
Gateway Titans are a bit different but I was impressed with the catching ability (I've only played one course with them)
DD Veterans are fine (also only one course)

I'm not a basket complainer

Latest posts