• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whats your favorite basket?

I guess my favorite would probably be the Innova discatcher pro, but Mach x I like to. I don't like the Mach 2 or Prodigy baskets.

Even my moderately paced slush putt is too much for the 2 and not always hard enough on the Prodigy basket.

Those Spider ones was pretty sick too, but I heard they went out of business.

I like Discatchers because they're easier to see.

However, I've never played on anything other than a Discatcher or a Mach something.

Gateway Titans are the best imo when they are new. We have a couple of courses around Tampa that have them. Kinda keeping an Eye on them to see how they age.

I like the new prodigy basket with the lighter chains (ie: BRP). I have a lofty putt that sometimes gets rejected by stiff chains, hit high.

Really though, anything but Mach 3s...

Gateway Titans are the best imo when they are new. We have a couple of courses around Tampa that have them. Kinda keeping an Eye on them to see how they age.

I really enjoyed playing on beefy Titans, especially the red ones at El Shadai Ranch.

Also a fan of Prodigy baskets.

And I really can't complain about DisCatchers. They catch well, and nothing's more visible. If you hate clanking off the band, just realize you'd probably have a long comeback putt on a Chainstar.

My only beef with discatchers is that the band can take serious chunks out of plastic. If the metal had its edges rolled over to make a rounded edge instead of the square cut edge they have, the discatcher would be my favorite.

My only beef with discatchers is that the band can take serious chunks out of plastic. If the metal had its edges rolled over to make a rounded edge instead of the square cut edge they have, the discatcher would be my favorite.

Valid criticism... but you know what the solution is, right? ;)

I just wish prodigy would use a different paint shade than blend-with-vegetation green... Otherwise, they are all fine to me. I can't blame baskets when I miss the chains altogether;)

They did orange ones at a course near here and they are much better.

Out of baskets I've played on most:

Mach X
DISCatcher
Veterans
Mach V
and a distant next place: Prodigy T1's. Not my favorite, the only people I've ever met that liked them were the people who ordered them.

I'm not including Mach III's and II's, because they're suitable for beginner level courses and what not, but not in the same contention as the "big boys"

I've heard great things about the MVP Portals, as have been mentioned here, and will be playing on them soon.

Yellow Discatchers fade, so do light blues, as well as scuff. I'd keep that in mind when ordering. Mach's without powdercoat are grey, but the powedercoated ones are great (shout out to the hot pink Mach X's at Spring Valley, TX)

To be fair, that's probably more due to that course turning into the bottom of a lake a few times a year than shoddy manufacturing.

I've seen plenty of 10 year old DISCatchers with rusty chains and peeling, fading yellow paint, and they are no where near any lakes. Other than that, they're OK baskets.

Mach 3's are good all around baskets, IMO. What problem do people have with them? Wish they had some color to them, though. They blend right into the background.

Mach 2's are a step down from the 3's in all around catching ability, but it's easy enough to get used to them.

Overall, people online complain too much about baskets. They all have their strengths and weaknesses, and anyone with any talent should be able to figure them out in short order. The pros and some commentators seem to be the biggest whiners of all. I think some of that is motivated by an opportunity to degrade a competing companies product.

The gold standard: Discatcher Pros (Ubiquitous and great catchers across a broad range of styles and shots)
Best catching for crisp play: Mach X (Require some commitment, catch like champs)
Sleeper: Gateway Titan Pro (Catch really well, smaller target area is ideal as a practice basket)

Thought I would hate Re-tire baskets but have now become one of my favorites.

Attachments

• 1370416_4788656814176_1106459103_n-300x300.jpg
    1370416_4788656814176_1106459103_n-300x300.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 42