• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Whats your favorite short and technical courses?

I Played the course at Erie State Park in NY in betwen Brockton and Dunkirk though a tad closer to Dunkirk, the Course is called Shipwreck Bluff https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=7744. Ohther then one hole being a long 90 foot putt where the people just do quick putts the course teaches on most of the full in the woods and edge of woods how to do placement shots to set up for the second and third shots. Also a great teacher that not all courses have easy rough or safe rough. You need to think how to get in to the disc and then out in both throwing as well as getting out, wild Roses mostly the white 5 petal kind, though the Pink are there too.

Monroe Community Park. The course has pretty much everything you could have on a course with 24 holes <400ft. Uphills, downhills, anhys, hyzers, flexes, straight narrow tunnels and a few open ish holes here and there to break it up. The course overall isn't going to challenge many 935+ rated players unless they are having a bad day. There are so many birdie chances if you are hitting lines and even if you miss a few there are just so many of them its hard not to shoot near or under par. Rec level players may struggle here though. A lot of holes require you to hit a narrow gap at different points in the flight from the one before. So if you are off, you can get overwhelmed with the angles needed to carve your way around. Plus, several parts of the course are basically carved out of a honeysuckle grove. So. once you do get off the fairway, most of the time you are lucky to just have an out shot, let alone a chance to advance.

Last edited:
Johnny Sias' course is technical and amazing. I have a picture of a tree branch from one tree literally growing into a nearby tree...also there is a 19th century graveyard on top of a hill deep in the woods. That's hella technical.

Yes, I did say hella.

Which one?

My favorite short/technical course is the wooded section of France Park. Classic design with outstanding elevation (for this part of the country, anyway).

Spinskis original course is pretty good.. Probably the most technical short course in west Mich..

Edit: looks like that course is dead..

Last edited:
Earlewood in Columbia, SC

Old school course, lots of fun, every hole's different. Big hills, huge trees, not a lot of underbrush. Showing wear and tear from its popularity, these days.

Love me some Earlewood. you left out the awesome dome top baskets though. All baskets need them.

Acorn park in Roseville MN sounds like what your trying to find. Most holes are in the 250'-300' range. Lots of woods, couple open holes in the 450'-500' range with water. Playable with a full bag or just a mid and putter. I see complete beginners and experienced players enjoying it all the same as well. Don't have photos myself rn but it's been reviewed on here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a new course going in near shepherds town West Virginia called Sam Micheal's Park. Played it saturday morning, no teepads or markers yet, just a rough map. We could tell pretty much where the tees are going to be, though it's still a bit confusing here and there (it's not done so this really isn't a big deal).

It was a fun shorter course. Mix of wooded holes and open holes with NASTY rough. I mean punishing, 1 foot off the fairway and you have no shot rough. The pin placements are well done, tucked back here and there to make accurate shots rewarded, and in accurate ones punished. So far in my area, it's my favorite shirt and technical course. There are a few really great holes, and only 1 or 2 that felt like they were squeezed in to make 18. Lots of hyper flip shots, short hard turnovers, one cool water carry, and some very low ceilings. Seems like it will be a cool park course when it's all done.

Acorn park in Roseville MN sounds like what your trying to find. Most holes are in the 250'-300' range. Lots of woods, couple open holes in the 450'-500' range with water. Playable with a full bag or just a mid and putter. I see complete beginners and experienced players enjoying it all the same as well. Don't have photos myself rn but it's been reviewed on here.

eagles edge > all shorties in the TC

eagles edge > all shorties in the TC

I don't think he wants 9 par 2s. Great course for a quick fix but last time I played I went -6 with a putter and roc and I'm not that good. But it's better than silverview hahaha

Latest posts