• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

What's your most valued disc (NOT $$)

DX multi-purpose 180 roc that has been in my bag since my days of using a plastic grocery bag as a bag. 3 Aces and tons of memories later it will not leave the bag until it quits or I do. If, or I should say, when it gives it out it will live on as a tee marker on the new Hillway course under construction in Baltimore.

An old school Discraft Glide. I found it last summer in Sun Kings used stuff, and its become my go-to disc.

First ace disc. 11x Teebird.

My second week in Phoenix. Hit one during league at Vista Del Camino.

It was worth $200+. So we went to Dukes and I spent it all on pitchers of beer, and the tip of course.

thats what i like to hear :thmbup::thmbup:

My red Quantum QJLS.
I drive with it on some holes, I approach w/ it on a lot of holes and I even put w/ it occasionally. If I lost that disc.....

My Flat Top DX Glow Roc - This is the disc that I have the greatest amount of confidence in. When playing new holes, I start by looking for a Roc line. It has great grip in all conditions. It's been in the bag for 5ish years.

about a year after Legacy got their start, they sent their supporters a free disc in a new plastic (which would become legend plastic) with a note signed by the entire team. Let's just say, it will never ever leave my collection. This is why I throw legacy.. this is why I throw with confidence.

Elite Pro MRX - I picked up that and a Z Cyclone as my first two discs back in 2000 and still have the MRX. Its a cool tye dye that also glows in the dark. Haven't thrown it since college and just feel lucky that it's still in my possession!

Any disc that I dye.

Other than that, right now it's my "twelve time" tb that I bought from pias. It is perfectly seasoned into a flying machine. I have never bought someone's used plastic with the intent of throwing it, but this time I just knew it needed to be bagged.

I still have and use a Soft Magnet from 1999 that I got on my trip to DeLaveaga that summer. It's beaten in to smithereens...perfect for turnover putting wizardry. I've hit more 50 to 75 footers with that putter from bizarre angles and circumstances than I can remember over the years...

I gave away my first ace disc so........ Either my original putter or driver. An SE Rhyno or the CE Teebird. Neither of which I have used in 10 years. Probably the Teebird which was my second Ace disc. All the signed stuff and rare stuff I hoarded when I was a dealer......... sorry they just don't mean much to me.

Probably my Frisbee Fastback from the '79 Lake Ponchartrain [N.O.] Frisbee Fly-In. The mold, event and amusement park are all long gone.

Or maybe the 119 g. World Class with the '80 Intercollegiate Olympics stamp from the finals at USF in Tampa, where I went as the U. of S. Miss. Frisbee champ.

Got a dozen Frisbees more 'fore I even begin to get to a golf disc that I value as much as these.

My San Marino roc, scorpion dyed wasp and midnight black challenger are precious but my most valued disc has to be;

Turquoise, ESP Predator

A perfect mold, seasoned to perfection...an equivalent replacement would be impossible

My 161 GL River that is Orange!

Bought it used off of Sloppydisc here and have been throwing it ever since.

I have had some good shots with it this year, a double eagle ( which I need to tell about in the Shot of the Year thread ) and a solid metal hit on the most wooded, 288' hole on our local course.

I have two irreplaceable discs that I bagged a long time.
3rd run (last textured run) ion seasoned to track right perfectly
And
Early 4 point z pred beat to a hyzerlfip disc. I dyed it 9 years ago and 5 years later my wife dyed abe Lincoln over my spin dye. That disc never left my bag.

Both kicked out recently when I decided to rebuild my whole bag after changing one disc... they still are not going anywhere.

Latest posts