• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

When do you play best?

When do you play best?

• Tourneys

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • Casual rounds with friends

Votes: 43 37.4%
  • Competitive casual rounds (like for money)

Votes: 24 20.9%
  • Solo Rounds

Votes: 40 34.8%

• Total voters

Bglo

Par Member
Today i played a solo round and shot my best round ever, 58 at como park, and it got me thinking that i play alot better when im by myself because im more relaxed. So when do you play best?

I definitely play my best when I'm around better players. Casual competitiveness brings out something in my game, fo shizz.

dont know why but i play better first thing in the morning. maybe its because the wind dosent blow till afternoon here
That's how it is here. The wind picks up around 10am, damn near every day. The unfortunate part is that the dude I play with the most won't get his ass out of bed before 10. Maybe if he'd join this forum like I told him too, he could come in here and defend himself ... butthead .... lol

I've noticed that with my 2 local courses, which we play routinely, that when we go play outta town and then come back the next day, I always play way better. Just playing a different course and breaking up the routine always makes for a good round when we get back.

Usually by myself....more focused this way. That being said, i did great this morning when I took my 11 yr old cousin out.
I was almmost more excited to see him play though. He has only thrown in a field wiht me 1 or 2 times, this was his first 18 hole outing. He started throwing the 'noob hyzer' but by the end he was keeping his 148 Teebird pretty flat and long. The kid is an awesome baseball pitcher so he has a 'knack' for it, it seems.

i played with my buddies at bluegill on wednesday as a practice round and i shot 62 then saturday at the tourney i shot 88 and then 92... f in ridiculous if you ask me....

Pretty sure I play better on my own; I get distracted way too easily with other people around. And then I hurry up to make up for it, and just get sloppy.

Never hurts to spend a minute staring at the line either :thmbup:.

I play best when i cheat

It all depends on what better is to you. For me, the pressure of playing with a competitive opponent will usually cause me to take the game seriously and card a lower score. However, I more enjoy just tossing discs and shooting the bull.

Latest posts