• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where are you going in 2023?

Calling out mndiscg. Probably this post belongs in the other thread but would like to throw with him.

Last edited:
Making a list of all the 3/5+ rated 18 hole courses within a 3 hour drive from home, trying to knock out as many as I can by the end of the year. Playing brand new holes keeps things interesting!

I have a Miami day planned for either this Saturday or next Saturday, need to do all three courses at Kendall Indian Hammocks.

I'll be in Kansas the first week in June. An hour/hour and a half from Emporia. Going to bring a few discs (not my normal bag) and hope to get in a round while I'm there. Not sure what day or what course....but I'm open to suggestions.

I'm not a long thrower, max is around 280 - that said, I don't mind long courses....but if there is a long water carry, I may just take a stroke and go to a drop zone. I just enjoy playing and I don't need to play an area's most famous course just to say I played it.

I have a Miami day planned for either this Saturday or next Saturday, need to do all three courses at Kendall Indian Hammocks.

That's about the best Miami has to offer.
Amelia Earhart has some pretty interesting holes and water, but still has some hurricane related issues from a few years back.

FWIW - Ft Lauderdale/Broward county offers better discing than Miami/Dade, but if your in Miami with limited time, Kendall is your best bet.

That's about the best Miami has to offer.
Amelia Earhart has some pretty interesting holes and water, but still has some hurricane related issues from a few years back.

FWIW - Ft Lauderdale/Broward county offers better discing than Miami/Dade, but if your in Miami with limited time, Kendall is your best bet.

That's true. I'd been to Kendall on a couple of occasions (I live in Ft Laud), but with the new add of K3 I figured it was worth a revisit.

Reviews are up for East and West, with K3 on Friday. Unfortunately, given all the rain we've had, I'll have to scratch the short 9 holers this weekend as both courses are prone to flooding. Hopefully I can still hit them before the rainy season starts in May. That leaves Earhart, Palmetto Bay, and Key Largo left in Dade County, then everything else is over 1 1/2 hours each direction.

Probably mentioned it before in here. It's official now. Davenport and stuff in August. West Lake, Iowa City things, SW WI and Camden. Rain or shine @Innova63 😁

Probably mentioned it before in here. It's official now. Davenport and stuff in August. West Lake, Iowa City things, SW WI and Camden. Rain or shine @Innova63 ��

Good luck...

Making notes to avoid crummy weather around Quad-Cities in August...

I highly recommend avoiding Camden2 after or during rain

Last edited:
I'll try to throw some dates out there tonight. Are you camping at BEP again this year?

We ended up skipping BEP this year because we got into Perrot State Park. No disc golf there, but lots of other family stuff to do. That's gonna be a bigger trip for us, so we had to skip BEP. Kinda sad about it though, BEP is one of my favorite places.

Not this trip. I eyed it up though.

We gonna do Justin Trails still? I'll find some dates today probably.

you or me should start a thread on dgcr meet ups to contain this and lets do this

throw out some possible dates

my calendar is super spotty but i certainly can fire off days that would work

Oregon and Washington in June. Can't wait!

I would also love to get up to the New England area at least for a long weekend. Gotta bag at least 3 or 4 new states in 2023!

New England seems like a long shot now for 2023 but I just added 2 Colorado courses and the 1st Wyoming course to my list.

Still trying to figure out which courses to play in the Portland area in June. Hopefully, I will have time for Meadow and 1 more at Horning's along with Pier and Milo but need to play at least 1 north of the border as well.

Maybe North Bonneville or Skamania. Open to suggestions....

New England seems like a long shot now for 2023 but I just added 2 Colorado courses and the 1st Wyoming course to my list.

Still trying to figure out which courses to play in the Portland area in June. Hopefully, I will have time for Meadow and 1 more at Horning's along with Pier and Milo but need to play at least 1 north of the border as well.

Maybe North Bonneville or Skamania. Open to suggestions....

If you make it over the Washington border, the one you absolutely want to play is Lucky Mud in Skamokowa. https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1500

Winter might end around Wednesday. Hopefully taking the first summer trip on Saturday. Lacrosse WI things. Lots of new ones popped up since we've last been that way.

Potentially 11 new ones. We shall see.

The weather looked sketchy going into today, but it held off. Looking good for tomorrow too.
Played La Farge DGC (18), Readstown Park (9), Veteran Hills (18), Meadowview Intermediate School (9) and Legacy Greens DGC (9). Four new ones and a much needed replay of Veteran Hills, which I haven't played since the first year it went in. Such a great course.

Looking to get 5 more tomorrow, possibly 6.

I keep forgetting about this thread! :wall:

It never shows up on the home page, correct? Or am I just that unobservant?