• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where did you go drive?

solomon.trenton

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
i played a round yesterday and had abolutely no backhand drive. they were all griplocked to hell or would die about 40' off the tee. it totally disappeared. i found my forhand flick and finally was able to putt again (first time i only 2 putted on four or less holes in as long as i can remember). has this ever happened to anyone else? i mean losing a shot?

Yes, it happens to me! For some reason, I go through a streak with my backhand where I will lose distance off of the tee. I'm talking 25-30ft, I feel like I'm throwing the same, but just not getting the distance. This seems to be very random, but when I come out of it, I'm usually throwing just a bit longer than normal. There is probably a very logical reason, but I haven't figured it out.

I don't throw forehand at all, I am a 99% backhand thrower, other shots are only used when I have no alternative!, so when my backhand isn't up to par, I'm screwed!!!

I lost both forehand and backhand tonight. But I have an excuse. We bought a sofa sleeper the other day and had a nightmare of a time getting it up the stairs to the second floor.

My biceps and forearms were sore as hell for a couple days and are still dead tired today. I had no snap and no flick and subsequently no drive.

But it will be back...right?

Nope, never had that happen. That's strange. Hopefully you get it back soon. And if I ever lost my putting I'd be in big trouble! I can barely find it now! :D

I used to play a lot of competitive tennis and sometimes my timing would get screwed up on my backhand. But that's about it as far as losing a shot in any sport that I've ever played.

Nope, never had that happen. That's strange. Hopefully you get it back soon. And if I ever lost my putting I'd be in big trouble! I can barely find it now! :D

I used to play a lot of competitive tennis and sometimes my timing would get screwed up on my backhand. But that's about it as far as losing a shot in any sport that I've ever played.

thats how my putting was for me, so finding it was great but i miss my drive. although i guess as long as i have two aspects of my game going good i cant complain, right:confused:

but on those rare days, where everything works together!...

i just got back to lifting weights again and instead of making me throw farther ive lost like 40-50ft off my BH drive. I got no pop at all , im throwing my eagle just as far as my starfire. The last two days ive been recovering and im not sore at all but im so freaking slow.

Im either gonna have to stop playing or just deal with it until i stop putting on muscle. It would suck if i have to be smaller to throw futher. It hasnt hurt my Fh but i dont wanna switch to Fh its just to twitchy.

Here lately I have been playing two rounds every time I go out and throw... Every time I end up about 5 strokes lower on my second round. I dont know if I just need to do some pushups and stretch to my body warm first or what...

All I know is I have been consistently better on my second round for a while. Putting still a bitch for me. I am either spot on or missing 15 ft putts all day.

Guys, it's golf. G - O - L - F, where it's possible to forget in five minutes what it took you five years to learn. Get used to it. :D

My forehand is iffy when I get overworked or tired. Doing landscaping and other manual labor on weekends after staying up late to do homework etc really screws with the muscles. Lack of sleep + extended manual labor will wear muscles out and I just can't get any distance on forehands... :(

I was just hitting a breakthrough at the beginning of summer this year- I was turning discs over! a real helix- woohoo! I was hoping to crack 300 feet, but then I went on an awesome vacation to the Philippines for over three weeks did not ouch a disc, and lost about 50 feet of drive. Hiho
But, my new Wizard is working quite well.

Sometimes if I have been working out a lot that week or am just trying to hard this can happen. I over muscle the drive and end up with very little distance.