• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Where Do I Start?????

rybassett

Bogey Member
So finally getting the courage to get out and throw some tourney's I know its late in the year but it is really something I wanted to do this summer.
There is a local tourney coming up on 26-27\
http://www.truckeesportsexchange.com/download/SpEx_hulabowl_09_registration.pdf

Just wondering where I should start division wise???

A good round for me at the course is -3 but have shot it -7
I'm a decent player but don't really know how well I play under pressure just unfamiliar with the tournament stuff

So finally getting the courage to get out and throw some tourney's I know its late in the year but it is really something I wanted to do this summer.
There is a local tourney coming up on 26-27\
http://www.truckeesportsexchange.com/download/SpEx_hulabowl_09_registration.pdf

Just wondering where I should start division wise???

A good round for me at the course is -3 but have shot it -7
I'm a decent player but don't really know how well I play under pressure just unfamiliar with the tournament stuff
AHA HA HA HA!!! Look at that url.

Truckee Sport Sex Change?

I would start with intermediate or ask the TD where they think you should be given your average score.

Try looking for previous events at that course on PDGA.com. See where you stand compared to the previous winners.

Considering they do not have a Rec Division you may want to consider Advanced.

I am guessing that you play this course rather frequently and will fair better than most because of that. Local guys usually look like sand baggers simply because they know the course better than anyone else. I would expect at least one round with all the toughest pin locations and that means you are really better off than most probably becuase you have seen all of them.

Normally I would say that since it's your first tournament, I would start low and see how you fare against that level of competition and use this weekend to gauge where your game is at and to see how the tournament experience fits you.

But, you have playing for 9+ years. So, check the scores of previous tournaments or use what you know of your skills compared to that of your local DG club and the others you play with. You know what you are capable of and where your game is at. In the end, error on the side of non-sandbagging since you have played the course so often if you still can't decide.

You should see the website for Bill Sadick.

well even though you have been playing for a while maybe it's best to start at the bottom then work your way up, and if your putting could use work make sure you practice a lot since that is sometimes the deciding factor to do good in a tournament.

HAHAHA THAT LINK IS REALLY TO MUCH!! Thanks for all the info how do I check that on PDGA I've been looking around on there and can't seem to figure it out