• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Which bag should I get?

Which bag to replace Innova Competition bag?

• Total voters
So whats all this about crappy zippers?
Are they really that bad? Zippers on my competition bag seem standard.
Also the Revo Carolina holds 12-14 in main.
GB 14-16
I know its a small difference but I carry 16 in main now.

I'm not really sure whats up with the hate for the zippers. They are on the small side but I don't have any issues using them and the pulls have cord attached making them easy to grab. What may bug some is the zippers are tucked away under a flap of the denier fabric, presumably to prevent water from reaching them and causing rust. This does make them more difficult to open as opposed to if they were exposed but seems like a good trade off for longevity which seems to be the name of the game with GB. Again, I don't find myself bugged by the zippers at all. If anything I know what ever I put in there is securely stowed away.

So whats all this about crappy zippers?
Are they really that bad? Zippers on my competition bag seem standard.

I've only seen one dude complaining about them... and he seems to have an agenda.

I have no issues whatsoever with the zippers on my bag.

If I was going to upgrade I would get the Innova Discarrier. That's going to be my next bag.
plus1.gif
If you're looking for pocket space the Discarrier is the way to go. I haven't seen a DG bag yet with better pockets.

Other. I use a fade tourney bag 'psycho' and love it. I carry about 18 or 19 discs at all times, where 5 of them are putters (2 wizards, 2 magics, 1 voodoo). I carry a few specialty discs and have a few new ones right now that I am trying out so the numbers are getting high in my bag. Right now though midranges and putters make up the majority of my bag.

I would just go for the Kong. Unless you're looking to minimize how many discs you carry along with the other crap, you'll probably regret going with the smaller versions. I just got mine last week, and yeah it's big, but I love it. Heavy is heavy, whether it's 15 discs or 20+ discs. Tons of storage space and great construction. Go for it.

ya you should not need to carry more than 18 discs, i only carry 14 now and i think i carry too many, i used to carry about 20 in my innova comp bag but now the center of the disc compartment has been made into a towel holding area

carrying too many discs will only hurt your game because you'll have too many discs to choose from and you will fret about every shot a lot more, keep it simple

Between these two suggestions I have alot of pondering to do...

I would just go for the Kong. Unless you're looking to minimize how many discs you carry along with the other crap, you'll probably regret going with the smaller versions. I just got mine last week, and yeah it's big, but I love it. Heavy is heavy, whether it's 15 discs or 20+ discs. Tons of storage space and great construction. Go for it.

they both sound great

Last edited:
Personally, I'm planning on a Kong once I have the money to invest. Even if the disc space is over kill for you, you can keep something else in one of the sections. I've never heard anything bad about them, and if the zipper really made somebody trade their bag away, they're an idiot.

Voting Other. Get the Kong over the Gorilla for the extra pockets and drink holder.

Personally, I'm planning on a Kong once I have the money to invest. Even if the disc space is over kill for you, you can keep something else in one of the sections. I've never heard anything bad about them, and if the zipper really made somebody trade their bag away, they're an idiot.

Voting Other. Get the Kong over the Gorilla for the extra pockets and drink holder.

Wow, Now I'm an idiot because I dont like the small cheap zippers on a bag that costs that much? So, you just keep calling me names and rocking an inferior bag, Sunshine!

In my opinion, if you're going to pay top dollar for a top of the line bag, you would think the GB bags wouldn't have such small junk zippers… I traded mine away the 2nd week I had it! Even the way cheaper Fade bags has better zippers!

There is absolutely no way that GB Bags will ever be in the same ballpark as Revo…

I'm actually the guy Kaos traded the bag too. I gotta agree the zippers are total crap. The bag itself is fantastic it holds everything I need and still keeps everything accessible. but you constantly feel like the zippers are about to Jam. You ending having to hold onto the zipper and stretch the bag tight to get the zipper to open up smooth. I had a revo mini and the zippers were dead easy to open and felt smooth as silk. I love the bag so much I'm probably just going to take it to a seamstress and get smoother zippers put on. This is a bit of a disappointment for a bag of this price. The zippers on my fade tournament are way better. But like i said otherwise it's a fantastic bag as I'm sure the models in question are as well. Plus it's kinda cool to have a bag that was made by hand by a fellow disc golfer and not slapped together in a sweat shop.

Dom, I totally agree with you! If it wasn't for the zippers, I would still have it! Everything on the GB is better than the Revo but the zippers! The way everyone was raving about the GB bags, I thought it was just me being very picky.

I don't have an agenda against Gorilla Boy! I have a problem paying hard earned money for something that lacks in my eyes, and want to give people a heads up on an issue that I had with the bag. This issue doesn't seem to bother a lot of people, and that's fine, just don't call people names because they don't have the same opinion you do! Kind of moronic to me!

The Revo has a horrible bottom on the drink holder, but that's something I can live with. Small junk zippers, I cant, and for someone to call me an idiot because I have a different opinion on a product, just shows a lack of social skills on their part. Garbage in Garbage out…

Wife and I are stepping up to fade tourney bags (black for me, blue/pink for her) with Phenix quad shocks. My parents gave me a very nice graduation gift so we have some disposable income.

Anyone need some crunch bags?

i love my competition bag. the phenix straps make it soooo much better.

That's my setup. How long have you been using yours? My starter bag ripped in three places in six months, so I was hesitant to replace it with another Innova bag but didn't have a lot of choice (wasn't ready to dump a ton of cash into a premium bag online). It's been pretty solid so far, and the phenix quads are indeed a godsend for me too.

Latest posts