• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Which Innova disc sucks the most?

This thread is pointless. It's unlikely that there is a disc out there thrown by no one, and more likely that every disc has someone that loves it. All that happens is arguments between the people that like the hated disc....but, haters gunna hate.

but the kite has found no real use yet.

Nor will you find one.

Man quite a few hatin on the kite. I dont throw 300 ft yet so as a midrange it does great for me from 150 to low 200s. I think its a great anny disc with a lot of glide on it (kinda like a longer Panther to me). Also its my go to mid range thumber. The Star plastic feels great in my hand.

If you ever compare the kite to a Panther again I will CUT you. :|

....but, haters gunna hate.

Then please tell me how the Panther is all that different then the Kite?

Contrast and compare mon a mi

Panther
Innova - Speed 5, Glide 4, HSS -2, LSS 1
Joes - RNG 3.5, HSS -1.5, LSS 1.5 PWR 2
discgolfcenter - Diff 2, Speed 5, Glide 3, HSS -2, LSS 1

Kite
Innova - Speed 5, Glide 6, HSS -3, LSS 1
Joes - RNG 3.5, HSS -2.5, LSS 1.5, PWR 1
discgolfcenter - Diff 2, Speed 5, HSS -3, LSS 1

clearly the panther is more stable than the Kite and thrown next to one another the Kite will clearly have a gliding flight vs a projectile plight (thus the name Kite). The Kite is also more likely to be blown around in wind, roll, or turn over and not come back where the Panther is clearly more controlable with its LSS evening out the flight. Of course if you're OH just about everything flies the same, not everything, but just about everything.

This thread is pointless. It's unlikely that there is a disc out there thrown by no one, and more likely that every disc has someone that loves it. All that happens is arguments between the people that like the hated disc....but, haters gunna hate.

I don't care who likes the Groove it is still the worst disc in production and only sells because of the gimmick. POS.

Contrast and compare mon a mi

Panther
Innova - Speed 5, Glide 4, HSS -2, LSS 1
Joes - RNG 3.5, HSS -1.5, LSS 1.5 PWR 2
discgolfcenter - Diff 2, Speed 5, Glide 3, HSS -2, LSS 1

Kite
Innova - Speed 5, Glide 6, HSS -3, LSS 1
Joes - RNG 3.5, HSS -2.5, LSS 1.5, PWR 1
discgolfcenter - Diff 2, Speed 5, HSS -3, LSS 1

clearly the panther is more stable than the Kite and thrown next to one another the Kite will clearly have a gliding flight vs a projectile plight (thus the name Kite). The Kite is also more likely to be blown around in wind, roll, or turn over and not come back where the Panther is clearly more controlable with its LSS evening out the flight. Of course if you're OH just about everything flies the same, not everything, but just about everything.

Well I own a Champion Panther and a Star Kite I believe in the same weight. The only differences I can see from the two are that the panther may be a touch more stable, but its not by much. Also the Kite probably has a little more glide to it, but to me they are very similar. Then again im the same guy that feels like the Shark is alot like a Roc.

im noticing a trend of weak people picking grooves and stronger people picking dragons and kites...=-p

you probably need to be able to throw 450'+ to see a groove fly like its supposed to.

the groove flys just fine for 450-500' lines, but the downside is...for me, it flys just like a champ boss, so it is kind of a useless disc to make.

the worst discs i have ever thrown, and i dont even know who makes them except for 1

#1 DIABLO
#2 Apache
#3 Discraft Surge SS

I would like to say the dragon b/c I can't throw it for anything, but played a round the other day with a buddy and that was all he threw and did quite well.

I only throw my dragons for water holes... and I have a hell of a time with right turns on them. I need to remember to throw the a bit more carefully.

I don't get along with Beasts.

Just duds for me. I toss Valks and Wraiths; both sides of the slower/faster spectrum further and on better lines than I can with a Beast.

Just garbage for me :(

edit : 500 posts !!!

I don't get along with Beasts.

Just duds for me. I toss Valks and Wraiths; both sides of the slower/faster spectrum further and on better lines than I can with a Beast.

Just garbage for me :(

edit : 500 posts !!!

I second the Beast. The newer Champion Beasts immediately flip up and over on me. Even thrown lightly, like fifty percent power and I have no control. Thankfully the only Beasts I have thrown in the last two years are ones I have found. I would not spend any money on this disc, and this comes from a guy who purchased two Valkyries actually thinking I was going to hate them but since they were in Star and I like Star, I could make them work. I proved myself wrong and keep both Valks in my bag because of how smooth they fly, yet even with the same mindset I could not find myself to even give the Beast another shot.

Well I own a Champion Panther and a Star Kite I believe in the same weight.

Problem 1) Champ and Star will make a disc more overstable automatically. Meaning these two discs will fly too similar in those plastics. Its kinda like throwing a Sidewinder next to a Roadrunner. There is a difference, subtle, but a difference. I will say though that the Kite glides a crap ton more in DX.

Then again im the same guy that feels like the Shark is alot like a Roc.

You have just invalidated anything you have to say... They kinda fly the same when the Roc is new or you're tossing around a Snnie Star Roc... kinda.

Effin groove? What about Whippet

They need to figure out how to market them better, because I see tons for sale at every shop I go to lately...

-"So powerful and understable that nobody can control it... go ahead, try to be the first"

To your first point, they market them well enough, because they seem to be moving. All of you seem to have bought one! :p

The second point, my buddy took 3 months to learn his Groove, then SNAP, he had it! Rocks 400 foot like its nothing now, and S curve almost every time. Its a subtle "up down up thrust of the wrist"

This thread is silly since Distance, Fairway, Approach/Mid, and Putter each has their own WORST disc, yet it seems that most of the Approach discs are simply useless for anything but a thumber or lake throw. And I know plenty of extremely amateur players that throw birdie or aviars ONLY, one disc the whole course, and score within a few strokes of me