• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who else is looking forward to this weekend!?

Insanely windy here today in the cornfield Chicago burbs. Still got a game in but even the most OS of discs didn't stand a chance. My Enforcer went about 75 feet. My Firebird 100. I threw a Max weight fresh Nuke into the wind, went about 75 feet, then straight up, knocked backwards and to the left, landed 20 feet in front of me and 20 feet left, sat on it's side for 30 seconds, spun around slowly, and then rolled 20 feet directly behind me.

Last edited:
Sunday is our ice bowl tournament and its almost going to be 40 outside so heck better then last time I played the ice bowl

I was excited until I found out all the good Milwaukee area courses are closed because of the snow melting. Sunday leagues aren't at Dretzka this week...they're at Dineen. I have to play the last 6 weeks of leagues at Dineen :| Lets hope I don't get shot (common Milwaukee area disc golf scene joke).

55 at 10am and 68 at 3pm. Wind less than 10mph most of saturday here in KC. It will be hard to find a open tee pad here in the metro.

If you listen close you will here chains ringing throughout the city. Hope everyone gets an ace tomorrow.

In the 40's here on Saturday.

I'll probably play in a t-shirt.
I concur, Wisconsin disc golfers are a unique breed of awesome...or crazy. I'm not quite sure which.

Its almost that magical time of the year in the Midwest when hairy shirtless neanderthals are frequently spotted drinking beer in 50 degree weather whilst throwing plastic in the wilderness. :D

It's gonna be in the 60s here, but this is my last weekend having towork nights and weekends. Can't wait til daylight savings time.

Insanely windy here today in the cornfield Chicago burbs. Still got a game in but even the most OS of discs didn't stand a chance. My Enforcer went about 75 feet. My Firebird 100. I threw a Max weight fresh Nuke into the wind, went about 75 feet, then straight up, knocked backwards and to the left, landed 20 feet in front of me and 20 feet left, sat on it's side for 30 seconds, spun around slowly, and then rolled 20 feet directly behind me.

That's insane you played in that. We ended up losing power briefly from wind this side of the lake.

I've probably played in as bad or worse winds once or twice, and other than novelty factor of seeing discs do "impossible" things in the gusty winds, it's no fun. :p

Warm, 64 or so. :thmbup:
Gusting winds. :thmbdown:
Normal looking ground being as slippery as heck because it was so wet and loose on top. :(

Still, I'll take a decent 18 holes in February... without 6 layers of clothes on! :clap:

A word of wisdom I wish I had thought about a couple days ago. When its February and you have been playing mostly in the cold, you are overweight(or maybe even too skinny), playing a 2round event at a very hilly course and its suddenly gonna be 70degrees....

...Eat a dozen bananas and drink a case of Gatorade in the days leading up into the event. I got the worst stomach cramps I have ever had today. I am almost wondering if I caught a bug or something they were so bad.:gross:

I was excited until I found out all the good Milwaukee area courses are closed because of the snow melting. Sunday leagues aren't at Dretzka this week...they're at Dineen. I have to play the last 6 weeks of leagues at Dineen :| Lets hope I don't get shot (common Milwaukee area disc golf scene joke).

Dineen. Yikes. I've played it once, and I'll continue to have played it once. I played it solo early on a Saturday morning, before the muggers, gangbangers, and thieves were awake. I still carried a knife with me the whole round.

How about this weekend? About 45 on Saturday and 65 on Sunday around here!

And hopefully things have dried out a little, too. :thmbup:

50's this weekend. Glorious February weather. Many plastic discs will be tossed.

^Amen to this. Going to cross into the Wisconsin border to get a few rounds in tomorrow morning!

That's insane you played in that. We ended up losing power briefly from wind this side of the lake.

I've probably played in as bad or worse winds once or twice, and other than novelty factor of seeing discs do "impossible" things in the gusty winds, it's no fun. :p

I ended up moving from a wide open course to a wooded course. In the open, it was a nightmare. Once inside the trees, it wasn't so bad. But the sun went away as that round began. I underdressed that day and was one cold SOB by the end.

Now, last Saturday was gorgeous. Perfect day for a few rounds!

Last edited:
Mid 50s and sunshine? In Minnesota in February?

Oh hell yeah, looking forward indeed!

Supposed to rain and be about 45* - 50* here on sunday.
It's going to suck.
Last Sunday we got lucky and it only rained the last 4 holes of the first round, and through lunch.
it stayed dry though the whole 2nd round.
That's not going to happen this week. :(

Combining DG fun and Necessary Errands

It is fabulous February weather here in Piedmont NC! Will take advantage of today's sunny 50's, by playing Guilford Meadows or The Patriot, the two closest courses to where I have to pay the Ma Bell bill. Tomorrow even better, sunny and in the 60's. Hope to play Burlington (Springwood or Cedarock/Wellspring), to see my tobacconist and to visit my mother's grave on what would've been her 91st birthday.

looking to hit 60 here in northern Iowa today, tee time @ 1pm. all the snow is just about gone after a nice stretch of melting days, played more rounds in the last 10 days than the prior 3 months and I'm a year-round golfer. I'm calling the season officially open, even if we are expecting more snow this week.

clean and dry tee pads for.the.win. pretty damn tired of playing in boots.

Latest posts