• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who has played the most courses in their home state?

Definately I would think California would be the most daunting with Problably Texas second.

and you would be wrong. including extinct courses, TX has 75 more listed courses than CA. and despite the fact that the majority of courses in TX are in the DFW, Houston, and Austin/San Antonio metro areas, total courses in TX are far more spread out than in CA when you consider the outliers.

269 in TX and 46 extinct courses

highest i can find in TX:
survivor - 134 / 269 49.8%

notable mention:
p-katt - 124 / 269 46.1%

51 in my home home state of CA.
41 in my current home state of NC.
DSCJNKY

74 out of 92 courses for a 80.4% in the great state of Indiana. Not including 2 private courses NOT listed here.

sillybizz ~ a good disc golf friend of mine ~ has played 75 of 81 courses here in the great state of Washington.

Actually I've played 76 out of 82, I just added a new course here a couple days ago. :p

I'm at 92.7% completed for Washington and all but one of those are in one road trip that I need to take this Summer. :)

Actually I've played 76 out of 82, I just added a new course here a couple days ago. :p

I'm at 92.7% completed for Washington and all but one of those are in one road trip that I need to take this Summer. :)

hey silly, there is a private course in >>>> that you dont know about. Hit me up on face book and I will see if I can get us a round in this summer sometime. I took Mazza last year ;)

In August of 2010 I had played every course in Illinois. There are approximately 20 courses that have popped up since that I have not palyed. With gas prices over $4 a galllon I have no plans on finishing the list again.

hey silly, there is a private course in >>>> that you dont know about. Hit me up on face book and I will see if I can get us a round in this summer sometime. I took Mazza last year ;)

Nice! That would be pretty awesome. :) :thmbup:

and you would be wrong. including extinct courses, TX has 75 more listed courses than CA. and despite the fact that the majority of courses in TX are in the DFW, Houston, and Austin/San Antonio metro areas, total courses in TX are far more spread out than in CA when you consider the outliers.

I wonder if there is a way to actualy calculate this. Becuese I think CA is much more spread out, and the roads arn't all straight like they are in TX. It may look like its a short little jont to get from here where I'm at Arcata to Redding, but you are going through mountains on curvy roads. It makes a big diffrence rather than driveing a straight shot across the desert to play another lame course. :p

From where I live in California, there are some courses in California that are over 800 miles away. Yes I took the most direct route. If I played the most southern course in California and drove to the most Northern course I would have to drive 886 miles apart. Does Texas have that much distance between courses, plus the mountains makes it tough getting to certain courses or areas. It just takes alot of time to drive there. If it was flat it would be a different story.

From where I live in California, there are some courses in California that are over 800 miles away. Yes I took the most direct route. If I played the most southern course in California and drove to the most Northern course I would have to drive 886 miles apart. Does Texas have that much distance between courses, plus the mountains makes it tough getting to certain courses or areas. It just takes alot of time to drive there. If it was flat it would be a different story.

I think it might even be farther if you go from the furthest south east course to the furthest north west course.

I think it might even be farther if you go from the furthest south east course to the furthest north west course.

there is no course in SE CA. 880+ is the longest distance from any two courses in CA.

I wonder if there is a way to actualy calculate this. Becuese I think CA is much more spread out, and the roads arn't all straight like they are in TX. It may look like its a short little jont to get from here where I'm at Arcata to Redding, but you are going through mountains on curvy roads. It makes a big diffrence rather than driveing a straight shot across the desert to play another lame course. :p

there is a real easy way to calculate this. look at a map.

the 2 furthest courses from North to South in TX is 780+
the 2 furthest courses from West to East in TX is 800+

you could play every course is CA by starting in San Diego and going up 5 or 15 through all the LA area courses. then take the 101 all the way up the coast hitting all the Central Coast courses then the Bay area. continue up the coast to Crescent City, swing around to 5 then take 99, pit stop in Tahoe, back to Sacto, then back on 99 to hit the Central Valley. with only a few outliers not relatively close to these route you've hit every course in CA by the time you get down to Bakersfield. that basic route is 1720 miles, so probably more like 2500 with all the course stops, being generous.

and i know what you mean about the mountains and all that. i grew up in CA. 101 all the way up the coast is no quick drive.

but now compare that to hitting all of Texas. i dare you to find me a route that includes El Paso, Amarillo, DFW, Texarkana, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Corpus Christie, and Harlingen, plus all the courses off all the highways between all these places.
the basic route between all those cities in the order i listed is over 2000 miles and that is without even including the courses off I-10 between Ft. Stockton and San Antonio, the courses between Austin and DFW on I-35, the courses between DFW and Houston on I-45, the pit stop in Wichita Falls, or the random courses in the middle of nowhere in San Angelo, Brady, and Del Rio, not to mention the full mileage when you include all the course stops.

a complete TX trip is probably on the order of 3000+ miles, easily.

so...
Does Texas have that much distance between courses?

yes, it does

Last edited:
there is no course in SE CA. 880+ is the longest distance from any two courses in CA.

there is a real easy way to calculate this. look at a map.

the 2 furthest courses from North to South in TX is 780+
the 2 furthest courses from West to East in TX is 800+

you could play every course is CA by starting in San Diego and going up 5 or 15 through all the LA area courses. then take the 101 all the way up the coast hitting all the Central Coast courses then the Bay area. continue up the coast to Crescent City, swing around to 5 then take 99, pit stop in Tahoe, back to Sacto, then back on 99 to hit the Central Valley. with only a few outliers not relatively close to these route you've hit every course in CA by the time you get down to Bakersfield. that basic route is 1720 miles, so probably more like 2500 with all the course stops, being generous.

and i know what you mean about the mountains and all that. i grew up in CA. 101 all the way up the coast is no quick drive.

but now compare that to hitting all of Texas. i dare you to find me a route that includes El Paso, Amarillo, DFW, Texarkana, Houston, Austin, San Antonio, Corpus Christie, and Harlingen, plus all the courses off all the highways between all these places.
the basic route between all those cities in the order i listed is over 2000 miles and that is without even including the courses off I-10 between Ft. Stockton and San Antonio, the courses between Austin and DFW on I-35, the courses between DFW and Houston on I-45, the pit stop in Wichita Falls, or the random courses in the middle of nowhere in San Angelo, Brady, and Del Rio, not to mention the full mileage when you include all the course stops.

a complete TX trip is probably on the order of 3000+ miles, easily.

so...

yes, it does

First off you are only refering to some of the courses in CA there are quite alot where you would have to go a long ways off of that route that you planed out, there is no way you could do it in 2500 miles not by a long shot. Second your talking the diffrence between driving straight across flat deserts to driving curvy roads through mountains, it will make a big diffrence in the amount of time that it takes to drive it. I will take into account that the I-5 is alot like driving in TX, but the rest of CA is much diffrent. Besides who realy wants to go play a bunch of over rated TX courses, not me. Need proof that they are over rated take a look at this one. http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=933 Flat, repetitive, poor teepads and signs, poor design and yet there are still Texans giving it 3.5's and even a 4.

p.s. Flame on!

:popcorn:

Latest posts