• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Who Sponsors Your Local Club?

Golden Tuna

Eagle Member
Bronze level trusted reviewer
I'm sure most clubs have some level of a sponsorship agreement with the major manufacturers (Innova, Discraft, Gateway, Trilogy, etc.).

I'm curious about what other companies sponsor your local disc golf clubs?
> Local sporting goods stores
> Member businesses
> Breweries
> Etc.

What companies (disc golf related or not) sponsor your clubs/leagues/tournaments?

Thank for your replies!

A local brewery sponsors our club. We have no direct sponsor relationship with any disc manufacturer. We have an Innova Ambassador, a Latitude Ambassador, and a Prodigy Ambassador among our membership so deal with all of them from event to event.

The local pro shop (Hazy Shade), a local brewery, and Kind health snacks.

A local brewery sponsors our club. We have no direct sponsor relationship with any disc manufacturer. We have an Innova Ambassador, a Latitude Ambassador, and a Prodigy Ambassador among our membership so deal with all of them from event to event.

This is interesting. I've never heard of the Ambassador positions with the manufacturers. Can you tell me more about that?

This is interesting. I've never heard of the Ambassador positions with the manufacturers. Can you tell me more about that?

Ambassadors are members of their sponsored team who aren't necessarily top players or headliners, but who are active in their disc community promoting the sport and the brand. They can be TDs, club officers, course stewards, or just long time supporters/promoters of the game.

Innova Ambassador team
Discraft Ambassador team (bottom of list)
Prodigy Ambassador Team
Latitude64 Ambassador Team
Dynamic Ambassador Team

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses guys. I didn't realize that is what ambassadors do. We I read ambassador, I was thinking more of like a Holly Finley type role. I know people around here have mixed emotions about Holly, so I'd prefer not to get into that, but I appreciate the information on your clubs' sponsors.
Thanks again,
GT

Ambassadors are members of their sponsored team who aren't necessarily top players or headliners, but who are active in their disc community promoting the sport and the brand. They can be TDs, club officers, course stewards, or just long time supporters/promoters of the game.

Innova Ambassador team
Discraft Ambassador team (bottom of list)
Prodigy Ambassador Team
Latitude64 Ambassador Team
Dynamic Ambassador Team

Not sure what they do either. I know several who are really great people and promote the sport and the company they represent but have also heard stories of a few that sound like Rudy Russo in Used Cars or the friend/family member always trying to recruit you into a pyramid scheme. I know of an Ambassador for a manufacturer that promoted an event for a competitor of his manufacturer recently which was extremely odd. Also heard that an Ambassador solicited a competitor company to design a course instead of allowing his sponsor the initial opportunity.

Attachments

• 81538024-F3D5-4382-8389-1E03DF7CAF83.jpg
    81538024-F3D5-4382-8389-1E03DF7CAF83.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Latest posts