• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Why doesn't everybody throw this disc?

Monster. I used to throw Firebirds. It's longer than the Firebird and flies identical lines otherwise. Much more predictable on overhand lines. If the Monster had come out before the Firebird I think they'd be much more popular. Plus you can get nice pearly champs at reasonable prices, they last forever.

I love a Monster(and wish they would come out with an awesome DX style stamp for it) but bits not as versatile as a Firebird sine the speed is a bit higher. It's longer and almost as predictable but ypu can't use it for long flex shots or FH anny bbs as controllably.

Discmania td rush. More people should pick these up as first distance drivers. I use mine for big turnovers and lazer straight hyzer flips.

+1 every time I throw my TD someone in the group I'm in asks "what disc was that?" and "does it always fly that straight?"

Meteor or Fuse, it's a toss up for me. I'd be happy playing a one disc round with them too, just versatile and controllable.

I'm pleasantly surprised that there haven't been a zillion posts recommending the typical favourites. Good read thus far.

I would say comet. Never thrown a z or x only the esp. Thing is nuts is the woods or just for finesse shots. Any info on the x or z plastic, am I missing out?

The spike is a disc I use for most of my upshots, it lands and hardly ever rolls awa from the basket. I just bought a new one for backup.

I'm surprised when i don't see at least 1 MVP mold in someones bag, in particular the Tangent with the Volt and Vector being a close second.

They make so many great molds its just hard to see how someone could't like at least one.

I'm surprised when i don't see at least 1 MVP mold in someones bag, in particular the Tangent with the Volt and Vector being a close second.

They make so many great molds its just hard to see how someone could't like at least one.

yuck!

sidewinderrr

As an "OLD school" DG'er I've pretty much found what works for my style, and just get backup after backup of what I like, and have tried some newer discs from time to time. Here are the discs that I usually get the "what was THAT disc?" comments on after I make a shot that people who don't play with me often
Putters: Blowfly/Gumputt, and Pig(which I use for forehand putting, and wide open severe wind shots)
Midrange: Cryztal Z Buzzz, Coyote, and recently I've played with the Glide and Foxbat for turnover backhand shots....both hold the lines all the way to the end of the flight.
Driver: Millenium Sirius Orion Long Fade (SOLF) is one that normally no one has heard of or uses, and is surprised at what the disc will do for me. I also throw a lighter weight Star Roadrunner that when I release flat, will go straight and then fade right, holding the line (I throw RHBH).

really?

There are so many high quality molds out there. It's not all that surprising that one could build a bag without a specific company. I'm at the point that there are so many discs I really like that I can't fit them all in the bag.

but don't worry, I do have some MVP in my bag.

Teebird and Roc. Two best discs of all time and everyone wishes they could copy it. Just buy the real thing.

I'm surprised when I DO see MVP in somebody's bag. I've tried a bunch of them, and outside the Amp, there's nothing special about any of them.

Someone posts something innocuous regarding MVP and sure enough some Innophile has to snark on it.