• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Will S. bag at USDGC???

having thought about this and having not seen a front shot of the bag
and again assuming EMac it is possible that this pic simply shows a Grip bag that has been customized to the extent that it has his sponsor (DD) on it

I may be wrong but I am not aware of EMac being sponsored by Grip

The front of the bag is all blank. No logos or embroideries anywhere. That's why I came up to them to ask how they got the embroidery out so cleanly.

ah!

I may have missed that early in the thread

so did they say it was a DD then?
(and not Grip)

edit: nevermind

I see your post now

it is a DD bag

Its a DD bag, but it is a very, very early proto. It will be similar to the Grip, lets call it a "modified" or "improved" GRIP bag.

I think I'm getting one of the Big Hyzer bags sent my way pretty quick. I'll report when/if it happens.

Dana, the backpack or the 8 frame bag? Jared was rockin the 8 frame the whole tourney and the thing looked sweet. Just needed some grease so the chair didn't squeak every time he folded it out :)

Your giving up your mahal? :confused:
Its a DD bag, but it is a very, very early proto. It will be similar to the Grip, lets call it a "modified" or "improved" GRIP bag.

I think I'm getting one of the Big Hyzer bags sent my way pretty quick. I'll report when/if it happens.

Those 2 Emac pics are both different bags. The one on the ground has to be a Grip. Same straps, same snaps for the rain fly, same putter quiver. The caddy pic doesn't have any of those. It's possible their "proto" in the ground pic is just a revamped Grip, but I have no doubt it started out as a regular black/coal Grip. The other caddy bag is a repurposed Ogio bag. Different shape, different straps, boxier up top.

Whatever the reality of the situation between DD and Grip, they are two different bags in those pics.

Those 2 Emac pics are both different bags. The one on the ground has to be a Grip. Same straps, same snaps for the rain fly, same putter quiver. The caddy pic doesn't have any of those. It's possible their "proto" in the ground pic is just a revamped Grip, but I have no doubt it started out as a regular black/coal Grip. The other caddy bag is a repurposed Ogio bag. Different shape, different straps, boxier up top.

Whatever the reality of the situation between DD and Grip, they are two different bags in those pics.

Well, I played w/Emac R3 and he used a DD bag that was the EXACT replica of the Grip. It was absolutely not a Grip- 100% sure.

Last edited:

Haha at a boy I want to see this bag and how it hold up with rain.. Does it have a rain flap?

Wouldn't even want a sponsorship/free bag if I was offered one. Mahal is the best bag ever.

I've heard from a dd member that he is holding off on getting a bag because dd is coming out with their own. Gunna be grip like with a seat and more room.

Well, I played w/Emac R3 and he used a DD bag that was the EXACT replica of the Grip. It was absolutely not a Grip- 100% sure.

That's what confuses me. Why would DD spend however much to manufacture a one-off EXACT replica of a Grip when they could just modify a Grip for far cheaper if it was purely for proto purposes.

And, for that matter, if it was an exact replica, how is that a prototype?

I'm not trying to be a dick here, I would 100% believe the caddy pic is a new prototype bag for DD. It looks like horse said, Grip-like and the boxy top could be a seat. The other pic though, is just a re-badged Grip. No matter what anyone tried to say or pretend.

Last edited:
398332_10152156015560654_275497329_n.jpg

Not the best photo but you can see a shot of the front of the DD bag compared to the grip

Ok. So they sewed a patch over the Grip logo and attached some material to the top. It's still a black/coal Grip. The pattern on the front flap is even exactly the same. Why would they risk extreme compyright infringement issues to make exact material copies.

I did the same thing. Say hello to the new 8-Bit Disc Golf proto bag.

Attachments

• WP_000752.jpg
    WP_000752.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 126
That's what confuses me. Why would DD spend however much to manufacture a one-off EXACT replica of a Grip when they could just modify a Grip for far cheaper if it was purely for proto purposes.

I'm not trying to be a dick here, I would 100% believe the caddy pic is a new prototype bag for DD. It looks like horse said, Grip-like and the boxy top could be a seat. The other pic though, is just a re-badged Grip. No matter what anyone tried to say or pretend.

THE OTHER PIC IS NOT A "RE-BADGED" GRIP.

The GripEq "business model" is not favorable to retailers. Very little to be made off the bags. It benefits retailers to make a bag you can make more profit on. And it spreads the brand especially for a retailer that focuses on tournaments. If they wholesale the DD bag its even better for them

GripEq will have to change their wholesale business model or retailers will go get their own bags made. Retailers don't care about selling the most popular bag if there is no money in it

GripEq will have to change their wholesale business model or retailers will go get their own bags made. Retailers don't care about selling the most popular bag if there is no money in it

Nor should Grip care about selling via retailers if they're happy to sell themselves and keep the profits (without sharing them with middle men).

Ok. So they sewed a patch over the Grip logo and attached some material to the top. It's still a black/coal Grip. The pattern on the front flap is even exactly the same. Why would they risk extreme compyright infringement issues to make exact material copies.

I did the same thing. Say hello to the new 8-Bit Disc Golf proto bag.

They didn't patch anything over the Grip logos because there were no Grip logos anywhere to begin with. The bag I saw didn't even have any Dynamic Discs badges on the front - it was all bare.

Got to handle the 8 frame Big Hyzer bags. Very high quality and durable. I bet any backpack style bag they make will be very functional. I imagine it stands upright just fine and the vertical discs are somehow held in place.