• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Question] Will S. bag at USDGC???

Prototype

Eagle Member
Did anyone see his bag? The name on it was big hyzer bags, but it wasn't an 8 frame. It was a backpack style bag where the discs stacked vertically. Imagine those wall pockets in an office where you put charts or papers and the discs went there:
l/
l_/
l__/

Any ideas?

It's a proto backpack that they're working on getting out soon. They centralized the discs so that the weight is evenly distributed on your back no matter how many you carry.

The Dynamic Discs guys were also walking around with a proto backpack that looked like an exact duplicate of the Grip bag. At first I thought they just took a Grip bag and removed the logos, but when I asked they said it was a test bag and they'll be making bags soon. I hope they'll change the way it looks, because as it stands now it's almost a replica of the Grip bag.

It's a proto backpack that they're working on getting out soon. They centralized the discs so that the weight is evenly distributed on your back no matter how many you carry.

The Dynamic Discs guys were also walking around with a proto backpack that looked like an exact duplicate of the Grip bag. At first I thought they just took a Grip bag and removed the logos, but when I asked they said it was a test bag and they'll be making bags soon. I hope they'll change the way it looks, because as it stands now it's almost a replica of the Grip bag.

Any pics of the Big Hyzer? Even just screen caps from USDGC, I don't have access to any videos...

Also, I would hope they change things up. They've been the premier retailer on tour for Grip practically since its inception, so I could see Grip not being pleased about DD releasing a design-similar bag for their own profit.

I saw a guy wearing a black/gray Grip bag with no logos on it. I asked him how he removed the logos from his Grip bag because I was interested in doing the same from one of the front pockets - he said it wasn't a Grip bag but was a proto bag for DD. Maybe they have more than one out.

Any pics of the Big Hyzer? Even just screen caps from USDGC, I don't have access to any videos...

552285_3845072090676_124731491_n.jpg

Interesting look on Shoestring's. Looks like they would fall out if you took the backpack off though.

I don't think the DD looks like a Grip

I like the narrowness of the BH one but would hope that there would be some side storage capacity

DD is copying the Grip bag because Justin (grip founder) screwed over Rusco a while back which pissed off rusco so he decided to copy the grip bag and slap the DD's on it

i dont like the verticle stacking. looks like an accordion.

everyone knows what happens when you play an accordion.

343541335_2895078929.jpg

I personally suspect Ogio

and the pic with who I presume to be EMac posted by Notroman does look like a Grip

so there are 2 DD protos?

Interesting look on Shoestring's. Looks like they would fall out if you took the backpack off though.

I like the clean design.
Also concerned about the vertical stability when on the ground.

DD is copying the Grip bag because Justin (grip founder) screwed over Rusco a while back which pissed off rusco so he decided to copy the grip bag and slap the DD's on it

I've only met Jeremy a few times, and I don't know him well, but he just seems like a guy you don't want to mess with.
Sort of the..."don't get mad, get even" kind of person.
Just a personal observation.

534239_10152153923560654_197360006_n.jpg

This is the one that looks like a Grip.

having thought about this and having not seen a front shot of the bag
and again assuming EMac it is possible that this pic simply shows a Grip bag that has been customized to the extent that it has his sponsor (DD) on it

I may be wrong but I am not aware of EMac being sponsored by Grip

I feel like that vertical bag wouldnt stand up at all. Looks almost like you'd have to lay it down so everything wouldnt fall out.