• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] Wind Driver for a Noodle Arm

I agree that its much easier to hit max distance just hurling it, 350' accurately is pretty damn good.

I'll just add that at 350' a Punisher should work fine for slight headwinds. I mean, I wouldn't use it in a hurricane, but it will hold up.

I was throwing my Punisher over 400' and it hardly had any turn on it. Pretty solid performer. The Surge is much flippier.

I second the Wraith however you should be mindful that the Pro plastic will beat in. Mine eventually turn into a very dependable long s-curve/hyzerflip disc but I do carry several in different stages of wear.

Third the Pro Wraith. A 157 Pro Wraith is my noodle-armed OS/wind driver. And I am looking forward to perhaps replacing my Neutron Wave with a beat-in Pro Wraith.

My other "OS" driver is a 158 Star TL. If I am careful with nose angles and throw cleanly the TL or Wraith will stand up to any headwind I have ever encountered. Medium Harp, too, for putters. I don't carry anything more OS than those discs.

Teebirds do great in headwinds, too. Once I was playing singles and needed to throw over a pond in a 30-40 mph headwind. My 155 DX Teebird had no problems, but all the others on the card (generally better players than me) turned over their max weight drivers into the muck.

One last thing: If you are not getting a clean release on your disc, you will struggle in a headwind. Any wobble or OAT will get munched by a strong headwind, as will throwing nose-up.

Good luck!

And now, after a year, he's probably hitting 400' easy!

I haven't thrown a Punisher, but I throw a bit farther than the OP and I really like a heavy ESP Surge in this role. They're a bit hard to find right now but the Surge is a good mold that I find to have a decent HSS that resists turn in a headwind.

And now, after a year, he's probably hitting 400' easy!

I haven't thrown a Punisher, but I throw a bit farther than the OP and I really like a heavy ESP Surge in this role. They're a bit hard to find right now but the Surge is a good mold that I find to have a decent HSS that resists turn in a headwind.

Infinite has some on sale right now. Though, according to some reviews I've heard they're like the post-Doss 2x runs which weren't so HSS. I have some of the Ledgestone ESPs, and those are pretty beefy.