• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Winter golf......suggestions??

BalataGrande

Hey all,
I've been playing since late July and have become addicted. The fall has been beautiful here in Nebraska but we are supposed to get 3-5" of snow tomorrow and temps in the 20s for the next week or so. How do you play in the snow (for those of you addicts that DO play all year round)??

~peace~

Basket in the living room. Work on your putting in the winter.

Don't throw anything white. Candy plastic, bright colors. Sometimes you'll see them reflecting off the snow before you even see the disc. Unfortunately, grip will not be as good . Small price to pay for not losing plastic.

Sometimes, even that won't help you find a disc that knifed into a drift. Tape a few feet of ribbon to the bottom of your disc. I've also heard that powdered chalk rubbed on your disc works too (the kind used in chalklines for construction).

Under Armour cold gear is awesome. Pair of tights under hiking pants, and a long sleeve mock neck under a tshirt and thin fleece. Find one of their outlets and get them for cheap. I usually buy the "ugly" colors because they're even cheaper than the basic colors. It's under your outer layer anyway, so who's gonna know.

Good wool socks and a nice pair of waterproof boots.

Move south. I'm from MN and moved south. Not for Disc Golf but it is nice to be able to play year round comfortably.

Keep your discs in the cold before you play in the snow. They'll collect less snow.

Layers is the way to go. I like to layer shirts that have a ragwell sleeve-where the sleave stops/starts at the collar vs the sholder. They layer a lil better and imo provide a better range of movement. I like my bottom layer to be moisture whicking- ypu do not want a sweaty bottom layer. A thin water resistant shell is a nice touch to cut wind and water.

Imo, for footwear, id rather do a well structured shoe with plastic bag liners vs a heavy, cheap, snow boot. If feasable, a waterproof, mid shaft, vibram soled hiking boot works best imo.

For the legs i like under armor with n face's water resistant zip pants on top.
Its easy to get too hot so items with zippers or vents that can let you cool down a lil are a plus imo.

Layers is the way to go. I like to layer shirts that have a ragwell sleeve-where the sleave stops/starts at the collar vs the sholder. They layer a lil better and imo provide a better range of movement. I like my bottom layer to be moisture whicking- ypu do not want a sweaty bottom layer. A thin water resistant shell is a nice touch to cut wind and water.

Imo, for footwear, id rather do a well structured shoe with plastic bag liners vs a heavy, cheap, snow boot. If feasable, a waterproof, mid shaft, vibram soled hiking boot works best imo.

For the legs i like under armor with n face's water resistant zip pants on top.
Its easy to get too hot so items with zippers or vents that can let you cool down a lil are a plus imo.

This pretty much said all that I was going to say :hfive: I love Under Armor, and I wear some random boots that I picked up at Bass Pro. Nothing special, but waterproof

And back to de feet. If my feet start to sweat, I get miserable. To keep that from happening I use spray antiperspirant, then foot powder, then sock liners (if you're cheap like me, nylon women's trouser socks work $1/pr sometimes) then merino wool socks. (I really like those socks)

Latest posts