• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

World's Photos...

Have Pro Masters on Friday at Renny.

They still count as Pros right Pat ?

Or are you gonna dispute this too ?

when I hear "pros" I imagine Mens pro open.

Masters are pros as well though. dont get all upset over there

I'll be one of the guys working for Disc Golfer Magazine photographing the World's.

Ditto, except that I'll only be shooting when I'm not caddying for my son in MJ2. That basically means I'll be out during doubles on Saturday, assuming I get there in time, at the field events on Sunday when we're not getting in practice rounds on his courses, Wednesday morning at Eager Beaver (his afternoon round is there, and there are several other divisions playing the course in the morning, so we plan to hit it then so that I can get some shots and he can get more familiar with it), and Friday afternoon (location TBD -- John W and I have discussed some possibilities but nothing's decided yet).

I had the chance to shoot when my son wasn't playing at Am/Jr Worlds in Ohio in 2010. Looking forward to doing it again at an even bigger event this time around.

Don't have a recent pic on me dressed in any way like I will be on the course -- pix of me in dg garb are all old enough I'm 70 pounds heavier in them, and any newer pix are mostly of me in a suit at recent family events. But I'll be the still overweight guy with the black Pentax K-x.

I'm getting pretty pumped about it. I even scored an extra camera so I'll have 3 for the week. I'm still debating bringing the 400 or not. I really don't feel like humping all that weight in the heat.

Get a caddy!!!:thmbup:

Here's what I have planned so far...

Tuesday I'll be at Nevin all day for Masters pool D in the morning and Advanced women's pool W in the afternoon.

Wednesday will be Advance Men in the morning at RL Smith and maybe again in the afternoon but most likely somewhere else in the afternnoon.

Thursday in the morning will be Hornet's Nest for Grandmasters pool G and in the afternoon Eastway Long course for AM Junior <17.

Beyond that I haven't got any plans.

So if I'm going to be at your course on one of these days make sure to find me before the start of the round so I'll know who to look for later on the course. (This does not apply to the guys I'm traveling down with. Just DGCR guys I may not know)

Just a heads up:

Tuesday is set but Wednesday may change. I might be shooting Masters at Idlewild in the morning and Jr boys at Eager Beaver in the afternoon.

It's a little confusing figuring out the course locations and the best way to get the most groups.

Just a heads up:

Tuesday is set but Wednesday may change. I might be shooting Masters at Idlewild in the morning and Jr boys at Eager Beaver in the afternoon.

It's a little confusing figuring out the course locations and the best way to get the most groups.

I'll be shooting the < 13 Jrs (boys and girls) and Adv Sr GM and Adv Legends at Eager Beaver in the morning on Weds. That afternoon I'm caddying for my son in <16 Boys. I'll look out for you there.

I'm getting pretty pumped about it. I even scored an extra camera so I'll have 3 for the week. I'm still debating bringing the 400 or not. I really don't feel like humping all that weight in the heat.

Hire a day worker at the local home depot to hold your stuff for 20$ a day.

Saw you at the players meeting. you were busy

Today shooting the Pro masters Climo was in the group that a friend was in. After a few holes a course Marshall walked up an said I was getting in his line of sight. So I leave and go to shoot some other groups.

Later my friend told Climo that I'd move if he wanted me to. So its On him not me.

Later that night I get an e-mail from my PDGA contact...

"Was it you that Kenny got his Panties in a wad over?"

Sometimes I don't get it. We want to be "big time" and then an audience shows up and that is considered a distraction. If competitors and photographers are still and quiet during players' pre-shot routines, there should be no problems (even if they/you are in the line of sight).

Today shooting the Pro masters Climo was in the group that a friend was in. After a few holes a course Marshall walked up an said I was getting in his line of sight. So I leave and go to shoot some other groups.

Later my friend told Climo that I'd move if he wanted me to. So its On him not me.

controversy!

Sometimes I don't get it. We want to be "big time" and then an audience shows up and that is considered a distraction. If competitors and photographers are still and quiet during players' pre-shot routines, there should be no problems (even if they/you are in the line of sight).

^^^this.

0.jpg

Last edited:

So....you were photographing a friend and Climo asked a marshal to tell you to 'go away'? Or just move?

And then your friend said to Climo (at your request?) that it was 'on him' if he wanted you to move?

Just trying to get more details. :popcorn::popcorn:

nice talking to you this morning before my round at angry beaver, perhaps you got a shot of me on 18 or 1?

Where are Worlds pix being posted?

Once I get everything edited I'll post a slide show link...

So....you were photographing a friend and Climo asked a marshal to tell you to 'go away'? Or just move?

And then your friend said to Climo (at your request?) that it was 'on him' if he wanted you to move?

Just trying to get more details. :popcorn::popcorn:

tuesdayNevin300.jpg

Here's the details..

This is from the last series of that group. Hole 7 at Nevin. A very narrow wooded straight shot. THe old guy with the camera in the background is a course marshall (nice guy) This was about the 4th hole I shot of this group and was getting a little aggressive. But the other players in the group had no problem with me.

When Kenny stepped up on the tee pad he complained to the group about me. THis is when one of the player's in the group (a guy I traveled down with and was one I wanted to get some shots of) had told Kenny to let me know I was in his sight line and I would have moved. Anyway he didn't and promptly yanked this drive in to the right side woods.

I walk down to the end of the hole and hang out behind a big tree to get some up shots and the marshall comes up and lets me know that I had gotten too close. The marshall was totally cool about it. I told him no problem and walked away to shoot some other groups. The thing that irritated me a little was that I was there to shoot my friend that day and as a bonus Kenny was stuck on his card because they forgot he was playing masters this year.

By the end of the night the rumor about a photographer upsetting The Champ had spread all over.

nice talking to you this morning before my round at angry beaver, perhaps you got a shot of me on 18 or 1?

Here's a couple of DGCR players I got today on Hole 1 of Angry Beaver...

WednesdayAngryBeaver227.jpg

WednesdayAngryBeaver235.jpg

I apologize but I'm tired and can't remember the names...

This was about the 4th hole I shot of this group and was getting a little aggressive. But the other players in the group had no problem with me.
FredVegasDGC, your photos look great and you seem like a good guy just trying to get a great shot, but the quote above makes me believe you knew you were in the wrong. The other guys in the group did not care about your "aggressive" position because the other guys in the group did not know what to expect from a photographer at "Worlds". The Champ knew what to expect, and I guess the Champ did not want to have to teach an etiquette class on photography while trying to play at the PDGA Worlds focused.