• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

World's Shortest par 4............

Spurgeonsigns

Has anyone ever heard of a legitimate par 4 hole that is less than 171ft that has never been eagled? We have one at a local private course (Sticky Pines) that I believe is the world's shortest par 4.

How many mandos are we talking here? Two? Three? Only way I can conceive of a hole of that length never being "eagled".

Definately needs pics.

I'm curious - if it's never been 2'd....what does the scoring separation look like?

Does it have anything to do with "...smaller than usual baskets"?

Hole 14. Listed as a 197' par 4 with water in play. Np pics unfortunately.

I like how the OP designed the course, and listed it on here, but gives contradicting info on the hole distance.

Either way, sounds like a gimmicky hole that belongs at Springwood Players' Course.

I'm thinking if I had a hole on a ledge that was 170 ft vertically almost directly above the tee where the fairway is a trail that spirals around a hill, it likely would not get deuced.

Or....

attachment.php

Attachments

• Short Par 4.jpg
    Short Par 4.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 349
A 197'/171' legit par 4 is hardcore. I'd be curious to see that.

The shortest par 4 I've played is Shawshank 15 (282'), which is definitely parred right though it has been birdied: a sort of stepladder line through the woods with a brutally tight landing zone at the turn. I'm pretty sure the designer, Steve Dufrane, can eagle it with a forehand roller. Fun hole, actually.

The shortest par 4 I've played is Shawshank 15 (282'), which is definitely parred right though it has been birdied: a sort of stepladder line through the woods with a brutally tight landing zone at the turn. I'm pretty sure the designer, Steve Dufrane, can eagle it with a forehand roller. Fun hole, actually.

Supposedly its been eagled by pros throwing huge sky annys. But then he made a mando right of the teebox or something that forces you to play the hole as designed. That hole has so much controversy surrounding it.

The hole is shaped like an L where you're teeing from the short end towrds the 90 degree turn. Except the long part of the L is bowed in which makes the landing zone about 10' x 10'. And to top it off theres a vine (owner calls it "da-vine intervention" that knocks down anything trying to cut the turn off the box. Really twisted hole. I'm playing there tomorrow so i'll be sure to cuss at for all of you.

d216f5ec.jpg

146d43f5.jpg

Yeah, that's the kind of hole design I'm not a fan of. No point to holes like that at all. You can't really deuce it yet a 3 is just a couple of short layup shots. Boring for pros, death for beginners (with all those trees)... Why even.

Tee sign says 276? Looks like RHFH skip shot might produce some upshot chances at 2.

The short tee for #14 at Ashe County (Jefferson, NC) is a steep uphill, 265 par 4. With the elevation, it plays close to the 400-foot range.

It's hard to envision this being a good hole. Straight up a cliff might, with trees, might make an interesting par-4. But if it's never been 2'd---and has been played by reasonably good players---then we're talking about something that forces 3 shots, averaging 60 feet, and a putt. Yuck.

Or, at least, a tentative yuck, until details, diagrams, and/or a photo show up.

Latest posts