• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Worst Disc ever purchased?

I agree that I can't throw the stupid Avair, but since I never actually "purchased" one - I would have to go with my DX Goblin. What a dumb waste of money. Sucks as a midrange and a putter.

The Goblin is by-far the worst disc I have ever thrown, as midrange or putter, but it seems like you could use it as a fairway driver if you lost all your Teebirds (lol). Any and all of the shots you would use it for, I've had much better luck with my Shark. Even ended up buying two Sharks, just so I would have a non-broken-in one!

For me, it was an Innova XD. I bought it because the shallow rim sounded appealing, but for the life of me I could never get that sucker in the chains.

Fingers dont fit an Aviar, and I think Roc's are dumb. You have to carry 4 and wait a year for some of them to do what another disc will do right out of the box. Then you lose your 3 year old Roc and it is the end of the world. Just use a Wolf or a Kite if you want a disc to stay turned over. Can't use a champ Rhyno either.

I do like the Orc, Dart, Destroyer, and Groove.

Not true, I only have to carry 3 rocs. A rancho, a king masher flat top, and an ontario. I do keep 2 ranchos in the trunk for backup though. Need to find a line on some of them dx ontarios though. They are only available as a CFR I think, so anyone know where I can find some?

I had a brand new DX Eagle that would not fly as far as a Roc. There was definitely something wrong with it. Has anyone else noticed this also? I love my Champ Eagles which are very similar to Teebirds but that DX was terrible.

Discraft Z Tracker. Maaan i had such high hopes for this disc, longer buzz my ass. as much glide as a stone and as overstable as my pred.

my pred on the other hand is up there in the best purchases

wow, never heard the "longer buzz" description. Not sure I would go that far.

I do love the z tracker for the reasons you list above, very overstable and drops like a rock. I use it for shorter shots that I might otherwise use a Firebird for. It's helped me out of many a jam. I give it a good pull and it always finishes where expected.

Definitely Aerobie Epic. I didn't even bother looking for it when I lost it.

For me it was the blowfly. I used it to putt with for 2 rounds and missed more putts than ever before with an ugly combination of grip lock and bounce outs. Its sitting on a shelf waiting for somebody to want it.

I think technically I have only ever bought 5 discs. I have recently been given several. But I would have to say that my least favorites of the ones that I have bought was my 150g Champion Valk even though it was my go to driver for a long time. It was just too light after about a week of playing. Little to no control in wind and it wanted to go all over the place. I did have a fondnes for it and still remember several near aces I had with it but I will never get one that light again.

On another note, I just got a used Epic from a guy who had "no use for it" and I am excited to try it. Threw it once and loved the barrel roll action.

Discraft Z Tracker. Maaan i had such high hopes for this disc, longer buzz my ass. as much glide as a stone and as overstable as my pred.
FWIW, the "longer Buzzz" comment people were making was about the "Player's Cup" Z Buzzzes. It was a CFR disc at first and those early ones flew more like the X Tracker while, from what I understand, the new ones fly considerably more overstable. I don't think the Tracker is a bad disc, it's just that I can't find a reason to throw one. The disc was obsolete before it came out. If I want a workable control driver I'll throw a Cyclone or XL. If they wanted an overstable driver, why not just rerelease the Xtra?

I'll really have to think about this to know the worst one I've actually purchased for myself, but my guess right now would be the DX Gremlin. I don't think I ever got a good flight out of it. I've had bad luck with Illusions, too, but I've coaxed good flights out of them from time to time.

I had a brand new DX Eagle that would not fly as far as a Roc. There was definitely something wrong with it. Has anyone else noticed this also?
I've had reasonable experiences with DX Eagles. Both Eagle-X and Eagle-L's. Maybe you got a lemon?

I have a buddy who found an Orc and it flies like no other disc, not even any other Orc. I think they really have to get beaten-in before they perform their best.

Thats why I buried mine...hoping it will soften up a bit.

BTW Climo and every other pro throws what sponsors them...if he was a Discraft guy he would throw Magnets or Titanics...

The guys who have to pay for their plastic are the ones you should reference because they get pissed when a disc doesn't work for them...a pro can just throw it in the giant disc box and try another model.

I've had one good throw with my Z Cyclone. I always seemed to griplock this disc. I actually have it back in my bag for when a practice round comes up, just to give it a second chance, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Close second is the Xcaliber. I bought this and a Force in the same weight. Force is still in my bag, Xcal has been long forgotten. Either I turn it over or it meathooks. I couldn't get a happy medium with the disc, so in the trunk it stays, waiting for someone local to mention wanting to try an Xcal to me. "Here ya go! Free of charge!"

Probably my Groove. Every now and then it will impress me but for every good drive ive had with it I have probably had 10 bad ones...I'm close to giving up on it

Ultralight Raging Inferno. Touchy at best. A long sharp wing coupled with light weight causes this thing to throw differently with each slight change in wind.

for me it was the boss...too unpredictable..seems innova cant keep consistency with discs..got 2 at the same time and one was overstable and one was flippy...i always throw max weight also..plus the rim felt too big in my hands

I bought a wraith a couple of years ago because I had heard so many great things, I just couldn't get used to it. To be fair I don't think that i was ready for it, but nonetheless for me it is the worst disc I ever played with/bought.

for me it was the boss...too unpredictable..seems innova cant keep consistency with discs..got 2 at the same time and one was overstable and one was flippy...i always throw max weight also..plus the rim felt too big in my hands

they did make quite a bit so the discs are going to be slightly different per runs.

Latest posts